Been a long, long time

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
QuantumVyp3r

Been a long, long time

Post by QuantumVyp3r » 01 Nov 2018, 06:15

How active is this server anymore? Haven't been on here in years, kinda surprised my account is even still alive. Sad to see that the Mentor rank was removed from the game server... back to being one of the masses I guess *shrug*.

-Q

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Been a long, long time

Post by haxxorzd00d » 03 Nov 2018, 04:01

The server has been barely hanging in there since what, 2015? We get a small but steady trickle of activity from people coming here to try the puzzles (no idea where they're finding us) but pretty much zero new players interested in survival.

As for us old survival folks, we hop back on when there's new content - a few of us returned for the 1.13 aquatic update, and some of us are more active than others in-game - but we tend to quickly feel that same sense of burnout we've been feeling for years. We've also lost almost all of our admin team, so updates take much longer and the community doesn't hold together as well.

It would be great to see the community thrive again. There's clearly still an audience out there for Minecraft (isn't it still the most popular game on Youtube, even more popular than Fortnite? I heard something like that) and Mojang seem to be planning some interesting stuff for 1.14 and beyond. That said, I think it'll take a big and sustained shake-up to Escapecraft's core content to get people coming back. Making survival interesting again is a hell of a beast to tackle, and we don't have the dedication to build some more polished mini-games/puzzles to go up against the likes of Hypixel and the Hive.

But hey, we're not going anywhere. The core of our community is still hanging out on our Discord - some of us in hopes that we start enjoying MC again, and some just for the friends we've made along the way. Come say hi sometime. https://discord.gg/4dH8SWt

(PS: the mentors are gone but not forgotten. I shelved the mentor rank when we updated to 1.12 as we had so few players it didn't seem worth setting up all the permissions and other tedious shit for it. If we get remotely popular again, I'm sure mentors will return, and our former mentors can reprise their rank if they wish.)

QuantumVyp3r

Post by QuantumVyp3r » 08 Nov 2018, 07:10

Discord joined. Great to hear from you, been a while.

GMOGeneral

Post by GMOGeneral » 19 Jun 2019, 05:23

Hi old crew.

Checking in for the first time in years.

Started off in survival in 2010 with my old mate Lionheart and still have Blackadder on the steam friends list.

Hope you are all well. Good to hear we are still about. I'll check out Discord by the looks of things.

Cheerio for now.