Escapecraft Podcast

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Escapecraft Podcast

Post by haxxorzd00d » 16 Nov 2012, 13:23

M477h3w1012 wrote:Now this thought has dredged up other thoughts... damn it.
You could turn that into a regular feature similar to Yahtzee's Extra Punctuation column; go into greater detail or cover previously unconsidered musings on the week's podcast topics. Perhaps call it "Escapecraft Podcast Encore" or something, I dunno.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 16 Nov 2012, 13:27

Welcome to ExtraNumbers

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 16 Nov 2012, 22:05

You have a lot of cool opinions and so does Rock. I thoroughly enjoy listening to each of you. But I think what would make it better and more engaging is if you could banter back and forth in a conversational style playing off each other to draw out your opinions, and include the guest in it as well.

The moments I enjoyed the most were in the very first demo when vallorn and Tyrese were there you guys talked about Tolteca and the minecraft update and events it flowed naturally and kept me engaged.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 27 Nov 2012, 16:10

Quick, ask me a question!
Nah, your time ran out.
This fortnight brings us another podcast, this one with many visitors who dropped in to ask myself, Rock, and Tyrese a question or two.
Along with other stuff which has been added to the podcast, see what you can notice.

Escapecraft Podcast Episode 4

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 11 Dec 2012, 14:36

We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Quanza
We wish you a merry Winterval
And a happy new year
Good tidings we bring,
A podcast of things
We wish you a merry Haxmas
And a happy new year.

Escapecraft Podcast Episode 5 - Winter Holiday Edition

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 11 Dec 2012, 15:05

Tyrese' follow up time!
So... games and Christmas. Well.
I've been playing MOAR Monkey Island, and I completed it and all of it's ridiculous puzzles! I remembered something I forgot to mention in the Podcast: the soundtrack!
Here's an example of one of my favourite themes in it, Stan's theme: Click me! It really does have a good music, and shows how much effort has gone into the revamping of the original games.
Not really got too much more to say, so to sum up, buy Monkey Island! I'm not getting paid for this, honest...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/32360/
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 11 Dec 2012, 15:30

Extra Numbers, Extra Numbers everywhere...

Good evening peoples, this is your friendly neighbourhood admin and podcast host dropping in to say hello and rant at you about something you probably don't really care about. But enough about that, have some thoughts.

Every single Christmas, game developers always try to rush to get their products out in order to get a quick sale in the Christmas rush. They seem to forget about what happens after Christmas when people start paying attention to what they are actually buying instead of throwing money at the cashier or steam to get a game five minutes before opening their presents.

Some of you may think that this post is just going to be me rambling about how this is only going to bite them in the ass and why they should place quality over release date in most matters. I shall now prove you wrong in the most verbose way possible. It is not the developers fault that you are stuck with a half-baked copy of Mario Kart or Mario and Sonic at various sporting events, it is Yours, yes your fault Daniel (If that was your name and I succeeded in freaking you out, then lol).

But seriously, what happened to buyer research? Where the customers actually look for quality reviews and opinions about the games, media and even furniture that they buy? Usually, it's because this type of sale is an impulse thing and you just get it on the spur-of-the-moment, but at other times people just can't be bothered to do such things and then complain when a documented problem occurs with the product.

Admittedly, such scouring of reviews and specs and more things becomes quite contrived when you have forgotten to buy your friend who cooks something good and a kitchen utensil is just going to irk them, but still, you could try and turn this into an interesting game of trying to persuade said suspicious friend that the royal mail or whatever postage service you use, is varying degrees of rubbish and see how long you can sustain that excuse until you find a good game to get them.

Just make sure you wrap it in an Amazon box before you give it to them.

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 12 Dec 2012, 10:05

Haxx's Bit on the Side...

So Christramahanukwanzakah is almost here and gamers everywhere are eyeing up the latest big-name releases to throw their wallets at. But y'know. there's a lot of gaming goodness out there that needn't cost the earth.

For triple-A PC games, Steam is always a good bet. Waiting for that big new game to appear in the Steam sales a few months down the line can save you a packet. In the meantime, why not look through the back catalogue for games you might have overlooked? On the console game front, buying pre-owned from game stores is often the way to go if you want to save money; if you're not looking to shell out sixty bucks or more for a brand new game then why not browse the shelves for something you may have skipped, now at a lower price?

A lot of people feel that playing a game after the buzz has died down is a little disappointing. Everyone you know has already beaten it and no-one's talking about it any more. But you know who hasn't beaten it yet? You. Sure, something a few months or even a few years old may not be trending any more, but it's still a new experience for you - and talking about that game with other people who may have missed out on it is a perfect way to share the low-budget love.

If you can't even spare the cash for cut-price gaming, then there are all kinds of PC-friendly alternatives available. There are thousands of free games out there on the Web including a fair few indie darlings, and even more Flash games - though I can't say I recommend those. It may not be entirely above-board, but I'd also recommend you look into emulation. You can - if you know where to look - find a whole library of retro games for the SNES, Game Boy Advance, PS1, and many other classic systems. All free, all to play on your PC right now. Do you keep hearing about some classic game you never played which is heralded as the "greatest game evar"? Do a bit of digging and you may find you can give it a try right now, without paying a penny.

Games may seem expensive, but remember; it's not about when you play something, it's about what you play and how much you enjoy it. There's a whole world of games out there you've not tried. No gamer anywhere should ever have nothing to play.

Happy holidays, and keep on gaming.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 12 Dec 2012, 14:49

So you can write a humongous paragraph here, but still can't write an artifact post? >:O!

/me raging
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 25 Dec 2012, 14:07

Christmas Bloopers Edition Podcast Thingy
Merry Christ-mahana-quanzica everybody.
If your holiday was not covered in that culturally aware phrase, then Happy [Your Holiday Name Here] to you too.
This week is the blooper reel of the first five podcasts, comprising of deleted scenes, extended cuts and bad communication.
Beware, this blooper reel is Uncensored

Escapecraft Podcast Bloopers: Episodes 1 to 5

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 26 Dec 2012, 07:21

Also because Someone has been putting words in my mouth, 'To the moon' is not my game of the year, that decorated trophy of slightly tarnished gold goes to 'Spec Ops: The Line', mainly based on the fact that whereas 'To the moon' has a very low replay value, Spec Ops has a surprisingly high one.

Just clearing that up.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 08 Jan 2013, 14:48

Welcome to 2013 everyone, yes, some of us thought that we would never have made it and that we would have all been killed by an unimaginable disaster a few short weeks ago, but look at us now...
Bringing out another podcast to sate your appetites and to tide you over for another half a month.
If you are still craving for more... then please report to your nearest back-street alley and await the person who will meet you there. Do not be afraid of them, they only want what is best for you.

Enjoy!

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 08 Jan 2013, 15:18

M477h3w1012 wrote:then please report to your nearest back-street alley and await the person who will meet you there. Do not be afraid of them, they only want what is best for you.
This is why you say no to drugs, kids!
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 08 Jan 2013, 18:35

Fixed your link... again.

You were trying to link to Escapecraft-Podcast-1013-01-08.mp3; observe the unusual date on that one. Unless you time travelled to interview hapless peasants about Escapecraft trivia, that file name may be about a thousand years wrong. :D

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 08 Jan 2013, 18:55

... wow I'm being derpy tonight.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 22 Jan 2013, 15:08

This week, we bring you the 'What does this thing do?' podcast, along with our special guest Tehbeard.
What's this? New events just around the corner? You'd better beleive it.
And with Minecraft 1.5 on the horizon, we've invited our local know-all of redstone onto the show to chat about just what's in the upcoming update.
After that, we talk about the games which inevitably found their ways onto our screens, simply due to the virtue of being cheap, and whether or not they were worth the money we spent on them.
Also, a belated thank you to The Big Motif for providing their song, 'Bad Cat', to use in our Podcast.

Go and have a look at their music, it's pretty good.

Escapecraft Podcast: Episode 7

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 19 Feb 2013, 15:21

It's update season again, and we offer our humble apologies for making you wait so long for your bi-monthly dose of horrible microphones and (not-so) witty banter. No matter, we're back again and that's what matters!

This week we talk dayZ with a certain Eggster, and continue to talk about just what's coming for Escapecraft, our focus this week being the HardCore server.

And if that wasn't enough for you, we've even talked games again, this time we look at some of the more film-related games of our inevitable youth, (You can deliberate on how long ago that was).

Without further ado... I give you:

Escapecraft Podcast: Episode 8

We're also on iTunes now!

And here's a video of the Awokkalypsefor those interested.