Guns

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Guns

Post by SneakyPie » 30 Apr 2012, 08:09

I own a gun. Not a hunting weapon, but a pistol. It's a Springfield XD 9mm and holds 16 rounds in its magazine.
xd9.jpg
I own a gun, not because I'm a crazy American who loves the Second Amendment (though it is nice), but I love shooting. It's just a fun hobby to have and it's damn satisfying to ping a bulls eye from 12 meters away.

I also have a Conceal & Carry permit which basically means I can carry it around on me as long as it's concealed, but I don't as I really don't see the need. Too bulky.

Now, I know a lot of the world thinks it's silly to own a weapon, especially a pistol, but how many of you all own a gun? Any kind really.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Re: Guns

Post by MayorLennie » 30 Apr 2012, 08:26

I love that weapon Ive shot one before and it was my 2nd favorite out of the 6 weapons i got to shoot that day well all I have is a bb gun but I'd like to get a pistol.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 30 Apr 2012, 09:54

Yeah, all i have is a BB gun. Might get a shotgun for clay pidgeon shooting one day, but thats pretty much it

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Apr 2012, 11:26

Parents own 2 20 guage hunting shotguns. I own a .22 high powered Air Rifle ( can kill a rabbit at 50m with ease).
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 30 Apr 2012, 15:23

I'm only 12 so I can't have much, but I have an old pellet gun, crossbow, and when I go to my Great grandpas he lets me shoot his M16 :D (he's an old WW2 veteran, tank driver)
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Apr 2012, 15:48

Dad owns a few guns, plus we own a few bows (yes I know they aren't guns but they are still projectile weapons)
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 30 Apr 2012, 15:53

My hubby's parents have a farm and out there I got to shoot an AK-47, a 9mm a .22 rifle, some kind of shotgun and a .38 revolver!

I loved shooting the AK-47, it was so fun. But I'd like to have a .22 rifle and a 9mm pistol like Sneakypie has. I envy.

Target shooting is super fun. I'd like to get more comfortable with weapons in general. Shooting at clay targets seems like a lot of fun I'm also interested in personal protection and maybe even hunting.

I was attacked by a dog recently (a few months ago) (in my own yard) and I recently learned that I'm within my rights to stop an aggressive dog by shooting it dead. I'm told a .22 is good for that.

Capt I'd never shoot your dogs though so don't worry!

Unless they're attacking me. I would shoot a turkey - YUMMMM
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Rock Beefchest
Site Contributor

Post by Rock Beefchest » 30 Apr 2012, 16:17

My personal arsenal consists of a 9mm glock 19 that i keep in my desk at work (i generally make people upset more often than most), mossberg shotgun for clays and birds, a .22 target rifle for target fun. I also have my compound bow for hunting because i don't like to hunt with shotguns, the woods are full of dangerous assholes during the firarms season around here. The bow season is four times as long and a whole lot more peaceful.

Heres a pic of the pistol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Apr 2012, 16:18

Plus bows are just fun to shoot.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 30 Apr 2012, 17:57

I don't own any guns as of yet, but I go shooting with my Aunt and Uncle when I'm in in Bishop (near Mammoth Mountain) in the middle of the desert, and it's quite fun. So far I've shot a 9mm Glock, a M1911, a .22 rifle, a .38 Special revolver (the old cop gun), a semi-auto AK-47, and an SKS (I think that was what it was called). Of them all, the SKS and the .38 were by far my favorites. I would say the AK, but when I shot it it had a scope on it, which I hated with a passion. Just give em the iron sights, seriously.

Also LS, I want to try bow shooting. My Grampa's brother used to hunt deer with a bow when he lived near Pittsburgh.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 30 Apr 2012, 19:59

I have a few guns, shotguns, pistols, rifles, but here is a pic of the gun that I carry daily.

It's a Sig P226 .40 cal, extended clip, so it has 15 in the clip and 1 in the chamber.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 30 Apr 2012, 20:06

The set of guns I own ought to be illegal.
Saxton Hale hates hippies.jpg

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 30 Apr 2012, 20:25

I got a Remington 700 Civilian, I've shot it a couple hundred times in the last maybe, 8 years. I also shoot crossbow(Fairly new) and I've been shooting Bows and Arrows, Composite, and Homemade, For a while.
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 01 May 2012, 01:11

Dad owns an air rifle which I shoot a bit and I'm going with cadets to shoot the No. 8 soon.
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 01 May 2012, 07:38

Only thing I can add to this topic is FPS Russia.

I'm not a big gun nut... more of a sword person... but I enjoy watching his videos.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 01 May 2012, 07:49

wokka1 wrote:I have a few guns, shotguns, pistols, rifles, but here is a pic of the gun that I carry daily.

It's a Sig P226 .40 cal, extended clip, so it has 15 in the clip and 1 in the chamber.
Is that the same one you had on you during the One Year event?

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 02 May 2012, 22:39

When I was 10 my dad's friend let me shoot his shotgun with his guidance(You know, making sure i dont smack myself in the face with the recoil, etc)

I have shot my friend's compound bow. That is so much fun. I wish I had one more than a gun.

And when I go to basic they'll train me for pistols, and/or rifle, and/or shotgun. I'll be a wokka in no time!

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 03 May 2012, 05:27

I own a BB gun. To be honest, I'm fine with that. I don't think I'd get away with shooting my friends so easily if I owned a real gun.
WWTDD

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 03 May 2012, 09:58

Don't Shoot Your Friends!

Oh heyyyyyy I just bought a .22 single shot (bolt action) long rifle it's like a youth model a good size for me to start out with and I can switch the barrel out to a shotgun.

I plan to shoot targets and since I live out in the country, possibly varmints if necessary like say if a coyote is running off with my baby or something

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 03 May 2012, 14:15

I currently have a 22. LR / 22. Magnum revolver. Of this model. Sadly, while still a beautiful weapon, mine doesn't have the Pearl grips.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/70 ... cfdccf.jpg

I also have a 4.10 shotgun. While not of the same model, it closely resembles this one.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7633/9302058_1.jpg
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 03 May 2012, 16:33

._. I don't have a gun

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 04 May 2012, 10:05

Anyone aware of the laws in england about gun ownership?

Thinking when im 18 i wouldn't mind going to a gun club to practice target shooting etc.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 04 May 2012, 10:42

Uhh.. I dont own a real gun, But i own an automatic BB gun, a simple crossbow and a few bows.
Come to think of it, i haven't touched any of them in time. I think i may start messing with them again :D
Oh. And the bows are homemade, We had a tree that got cut down a while ago in the garden and my dad gave it me to fashion into whatever i want, so i started learning how to make bows. There not perfect but i can consistently hit the tree in the other end of the garden with them.(about 20m? :I) Homemade arrows too.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 04 May 2012, 11:04

That sounds like a really interesting craft. I love stuff like that

Please don't make a homemade gun though :)

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 05 May 2012, 03:07

MayorLennie wrote:
Capt I'd never shoot your dogs though so don't worry!

Unless they're attacking me. I would shoot a turkey - YUMMMM
Did you... just talk about my dogs... and shooting dogs dead in the same post =(
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

But to stay on topic, I don't personally own any. We have a few shotguns though. Growing up, my grandpa and dad would teach me how to shoot. Was shooting a 22 at a 3 inch diameter metal target at around age 10 or so, so I actually got pretty damn good. I love shooting clay birds, I always surprise everyone who hasn't seen me shoot before who thinks I'm that weird hippy kid who just plays those damn vidya games all the time (Country folk). And also growing up I would go on archery trails with my dad, bows are so fun to shoot.

But... It's all for no reason since I could never shoot anything living. Would feel too horrible... I like animals I don't know more than I like most humans that i do know haha.

So yea, if i ever shot anything it would probably be another person in self defense or if they were harming my dog (LENNIE!!!)

edit: OH! And i forgot to mention my favorite one I got to shoot. My grandpa had an old black powder pistol. Maybe cause I was young, but I swear it looked like I was shooting a fireball out of that thing. Was so cool.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 05 May 2012, 14:38

Here's what I carry to school every day. Someone pisses me off, and BOOM!

Heh, on a serious note, my dad owns two pellet guns. The first is a smaller, black-painted pistol that holds about ten pellets in each clip.
That image probably best describes what it looks like.

My dad's second pellet gun is a longer rifle around 50 inches (since most of you viewing this are probably american :)) and is a single-shot rifle that needs to be reloaded each shot. The barrel can somewhat detach and open to allow you to reload the rifle, and it has a 10x magnification scope with a night-vision lens that can be placed over it.
The picture below this is probably the closest thing that resembles it.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 17 Jul 2012, 11:30

*Bump* WHY ME NO INCLUDED IN THIS TOPIC?!
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 17 Jul 2012, 12:49

Personally, I don't own any actual guns, though I do have a BB rifle that I shoot from time to time. I've been shooting since I was fairly young, so I know how to handle a gun, despite that I don't go hunting. I also own a small collection of swords, which I enjoy a bit more than shooting (Yay taking Fencing and Kendo), and I have a compound bow that I practice with every now and then.

What I would like is a 5-7 Pistol, possibly with the internal suppressor, simply because it's one of the few pistols I like.
FN5701.jpg
However, being a rifle person, I'd love a Remington 700.
Remington_Model_700.JPG

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 17 Jul 2012, 13:11

sag185 wrote:Anyone aware of the laws in england about gun ownership?

Thinking when im 18 i wouldn't mind going to a gun club to practice target shooting etc.
You can own a Shotgun licence from 14 with parental consent. Firearms licences, however, are much more difficult to acquire. Basically, the easiest way to get one is to own a reasonable amount of land (say, 15 acres), and say you need to guns for pest control. Shotguns can be owned for recreational purposes though (eg, shooting clays).

We own a multitude of 12-, and 20-bore shotguns. Also, we got my stepdad a .177 airr-ifle for his birthday last friday.
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 17 Jul 2012, 15:43

This entire thread is just a list of who not to piss off...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |