The hard-headed, insisting, family member.

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
trainreqx2

The hard-headed, insisting, family member.

Post by trainreqx2 » 22 Apr 2012, 16:20

Honestly, I like my family, a lot, but there's always one person that just angers me so much, I can't take it, and it saddens me, because I love her so much, but she's so hard headed, self-centered, not open to interpretation, and she's not a bad person, honestly, but her attitude is just disastrous. And I've only come to realize this now, but she's had many friends who have distanced themselves from her for that very reason, in which she chooses to be. The way she is, means we're never on the same page, and I fear that as we get older, it will get to the point where we will never speak to each other again. And after the things I do for her, which I don't expect anything in return, but she doesn't even have appreciation for me, which is a slap in the face after the things I've gone through for her. (In elementary school, she was being bullied, by two 6th grade boys, and I stood up for her, and I got the crap beaten out of me. LOL)
In case you didn't notice, I'm talking about my younger sister. She makes me a sad panda. :cry:

So does anyone else have a similar-trait family member? I just needed to vent out on something that wasn't the wall, because, you know walls in America are made of cardboard. :lol:
Beauty is why God invented eyeballs and her booty is why God invented my balls.

SMWasder
Retired

Re: The hard-headed, insisting, family member.

Post by SMWasder » 22 Apr 2012, 16:31

How old is she? If she's still young enough she'll probably mature a bit during her teens and be less irritating. But then, your own siblings will always be the most irritating people imaginable (says me, the youngest of 3).
WWTDD

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Re: The hard-headed, insisting, family member.

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Apr 2012, 13:08

You said you do this n that for her and don't expect anything in return. But you expect appreciation, respect, kindness. (As is natural)

Try this: continue loving her and stop expecting those things in return. It sounds like it's just her nature. You will be happier.

I have this same issue with my mom and my younger bro has this issue with me.

I didn't learn this myself until after things came to a head and I did stop speaking to my mom for FIVE YEARS.

Now we're close because I've accepted her and don't take it personally. She's a crabby old lady and sometimes so nasty to me (but not always) well I now get it, and just keep loving her and taking care of her,
and don't have expectations of anything in return.

Your sister, well she's lucky to have you. You love your family Families do suck sometimes, and believe me everyone deals with these family issues.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten