What are you watching?

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Milo_Windby
Retired

What are you watching?

Post by Milo_Windby » 24 Jan 2012, 15:24

So far we have a "What are you listening to?" and "What are you reading?" threads, so lets add this one to the mix.

What are you watching? TV series? Web show? Movie(s)?
What are your thoughts about it? I would like it... nay, Love it if some sort of detailed post can be made in connection to what you are watching. That way we don't have one line posts saying just the name of what is being watched.

Currently I have gotten myself Netflix for my PS3 and have started watching the X-Files.

As a kid I remember listening to that theme on tv and being a bit spooked by it and the show. I had to raise my courage so to speak to even see the show. I never got to watch a lot of it though and I never really made an effort to watch it.
Now though I have been wanting to watch the series and so far I am now on season 2 and love watching it.
So far there is one scene that stand out to me as the most creepy, spoiler so I don't ruin it for anyone.
Spoiler! :
Agent Skully just had Christmas dinner with her parents and was asleep on the couch. She wakes up to see her dad sitting in the chair across from her, his mouth moving as if to speak but no words being heard. She says that she thought they had left and asks where mom is when the phone rings, his mouth still moving. Looking over at the phone and then back she finds her father gone.
Picking up the phone to find her mother on the line she finds out that her father is dead.
For me this was a creepy seen, seeing her dad but knowing he was dead... sent shivers down my spine for sure.
Once I get to the end of season 5 I am going to watch the movie they made and then continue on with Season 6.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

sag185
Retired

Re: What are you watching?

Post by sag185 » 24 Jan 2012, 15:45

Greys anatomy, i can't get enough of it, its awesome :D
Just finished season 2 in 3 days, with school.
Need to buy more seasons >.>

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 24 Jan 2012, 15:48

sag185 wrote:Greys anatomy, i can't get enough of it, its awesome :D
Just finished season 2 in 3 days, with school.
Need to buy more seasons >.>
that show reminded me of house, I'm a storage wars addict I watched 6 hours once when I was home alone: P
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

Post by 697134002 » 24 Jan 2012, 18:26

Criminal Minds (New episodes and season 1)
Merlin (Re-watching all seasons)
House (New episodes only)
Hawaii 5-0 (New episodes only)
CSI (New episodes only)
The Big Bang Theory (Whichever's on at 9 on thursdays)
Currently I am watching letters appear on my computer screen as patterns of light in response to the pressing of keys on my keyboard. In about an hour I'll be watching House.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 24 Jan 2012, 19:27

Milo_Windby wrote:What are you watching? TV series? Web show? Movie(s)?
What are your thoughts about it? I would like it... nay, Love it if some sort of detailed post can be made in connection to what you are watching. That way we don't have one line posts saying just the name of what is being watched.
Funny how no one seems to be doing that -_-
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 25 Jan 2012, 00:29

I like to watch Dexter. It's a show about a serial killer who only kills other murderers, and has a son that he takes care of. He works at the crime lab too, so he can point the police away from him. It's a good show, and Dexter's sister reminds me a lot of my Aunt. They're almost exactly the same.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 28 Jan 2012, 17:00

I watch The Walking Dead. It's a zombie apocalypse show and there is a group of people who try to survive. I can't relate to it ._. I also watch the new episodes of Modern Family. I laugh my ass of watching it. I got the 2 seasons for Christmas, even though I've seen them, my family and I watched them all in a week. I just like it, but can relate to some episodes. :)

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 28 Jan 2012, 17:34

I love walking dead, cannot wait until the season kicks back in :D

Think this half is supposed to be more actiony :3

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 28 Jan 2012, 17:39

sag185 wrote:I love walking dead, cannot wait until the season kicks back in :D

Think this half is supposed to be more actiony :3
Yea, it is action, and love, and drama, lots and lots of drama! And yea, just 2 more episodes to watch and I'll be caught up. Can't wait! And PS, I know about Sophia.

Angerholic

Post by Angerholic » 28 Jan 2012, 18:42

A Web show I found while looking around EVE Online videos, which is called Clear Skies

Clear Skies is about:
"A story about an Eve Online character John Rourke who just had repairs done to his ship and then needs money, so his crew and him agree to transport "Mr. Smith" for $30,000,000 isk ... so begins the story."
Here's the trailer for the first of the trilogy.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 28 Jan 2012, 22:39

Is it based on a real occurrence? Because that's what makes the Eve stories interesting.

Angerholic

Post by Angerholic » 29 Jan 2012, 05:28

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by that :?

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 29 Jan 2012, 05:40

I'm saying that the stuff that makes Eve interesting is when real things that happened, completely prompted by the community without anything like developer interference, are reported on.

Angerholic

Post by Angerholic » 29 Jan 2012, 06:01

Are you asking if what happened in Clear Skies happened to the guy who made it and he decided to make a video on it?
Apologies if this is irritating.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 29 Jan 2012, 06:07

It doesn't have to have happened to him, it could be anyone.

Though looking at the video, there's a greater possibility of Eve just being a good backdrop for it.

Angerholic

Post by Angerholic » 29 Jan 2012, 06:25

I don't know if the story was based on something that happened to him or one of his friends, but the idea of making the video was after he found out about chromakey (aka Bluescreening).

so basically, I don't think it was based on real occurrence, but I can't be positive.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 29 Jan 2012, 16:00

I assume Lord means something along the lines of that time a guy worked his way up in one of the major Eve corporations, only to make off with the pride of the corporation's fleet, and all of their investors' money to boot. It took him a few years to reach the top and realise his plan.

Eve has always interested me with its player-driven economy. Pity it's meant to be so dull.

Er, bit off-topic, sorry Milo. :P

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 29 Jan 2012, 20:35

Another show me and my dad have been watching is Person of Interest. It's a pretty cool show, almost like a CSI type thing, but more about surveillance and kicking ass than crime scene scientific stuff. One of the main characters had to stop a car a German intelligence guy was using, so what does he do? He blows the engine up with a shot from a Berret 50cal.

Also, I've been seeing you on PSN Milo, you're always on Netflix. :P
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 30 Jan 2012, 11:33

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Also, I've been seeing you on PSN Milo, you're always on Netflix. :P
Well duh =p How do you think I watch the X-Files?
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 30 Jan 2012, 15:58

My friend has told me to watch everything and anything Nicolas Cage......
Imagesadly...
So I got to "Kick Ass"... I didn't see the movie before so It was my first time but... seriously?
... Cage... Dear lord.... -facepalm-
that is all
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Quotes from cool people I've met over the years:
sobamushi "Maykxor your avatar makes me wanna dance ._.! "
MissKatieKillU: "WHAT THE F***ING F*** IS GOING ON IN MY F***ING ROLEPLAY?"
"I think you may have problems, my friend."
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 02 Feb 2012, 11:41

I've been rewatching series 1 (the good series) of Heroes. I only really started watching halfway through the series and it was awesome, but it's taken me a while to forget how bad the later seasons were to bring my self to go back.
WWTDD

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 10 Feb 2012, 09:26

After i found someone praising Nodame Cantabile on reddit i decided to see if i could watch a few episodes, well after the finding the entirity of the first season i started watching. Set in a music school and based around two characters a messy & disorganised pianist, Nodame & a arrogant perfectionist conductor, Chiaki. It's an extremely enjoyable show and i would reccomend to you.

"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 20 Mar 2012, 18:52

This went dead so i'll see if anyone will continue, as i have done with a wave of anime after going through every episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni all the way to Rei, which i personally thought was an amazing series makes Sherlock look like a childrens puzzle in comparisson. That and murders, brutal murders abound whats not to love :lol: . Now i have moved onto Clannad despite multiple friends telling me how much off a bad idea it is.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 20 Mar 2012, 20:02

I'm currently watching "SeaQuest DSV" (DSV stands for Deep Sea Vessel)

Nice series done in the 90's that is set in the future (though set in the past, lol... Most of the years are set before 2012 in the series... futuristic but now past us in years)

Best way to to call this is Star Trek in the ocean. The seas now have goverments and owned by countries and even new goverments set directly in the ocean. The United Earth Oceans Organization help protect the people in the oceans... kind of like the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek.

I'm currently on season 2 of 3, DSV is not a very long series ._.
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3