Your nickname

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
arogon343

Re: Your nickname

Post by arogon343 » 19 Jan 2011, 18:14

jamez, jammy doger, glennon, james, jimbob, nutter...i have many names :)
call me whatever :) ...whatever bond (terrible joke engage!!)
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Turbo_Turban

Post by Turbo_Turban » 20 Jan 2011, 06:19

I am Turbo, of the royal house of Turbanid. My majesty and splendour are second only to those who can ban me. My royal lineage is from whence my name springs.

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 20 Jan 2011, 16:47

A deliberate misspelling of the words the beard, mainly due to my previous handle used on Xbox Connect being too inappropriate for Xbox live...

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 21 Jan 2011, 10:44

moimanticore wrote:"That one guy", "Mini", "Skinny", "Fatty" but mostly caboose or Michael Cera.

They say I look like the guy
They call you Caboose? That's not really the kindest nickname.

itbarany

Post by itbarany » 25 Jan 2011, 17:24

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
moimanticore wrote:"That one guy", "Mini", "Skinny", "Fatty" but mostly caboose or Michael Cera.

Why? I loved Caboose in RvB.
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Outsider"

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Jan 2011, 17:35

itbarany wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:

Why? I loved Caboose in RvB.
Yes, but it's synonymous with calling them a complete idiot.

itbarany

Post by itbarany » 25 Jan 2011, 17:53

Lord_Mountbatten wrote: Yes, but it's synonymous with calling them a complete idiot.
Was there any other reason to love Caboose?

"-That was the worst granade throw of all time. Ever.
-Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way!"
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Outsider"

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Jan 2011, 17:56

itbarany wrote:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote: Yes, but it's synonymous with calling them a complete idiot.
Was there any other reason to love Caboose?

"-That was the worst granade throw of all time. Ever.
-Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way!"
Hell, I love Caboose; I'm just very proud too.

"My name is Michael J. Caboose, and I. Hate. Babies."

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 03 Oct 2011, 00:29

I had this toy as a kid. A LEGO Spybotics kit. The purple one, to be specific. I played that thing to hell. No, really. I broke it. So I adopted this alias for my yahoo account. When I joined Roblox (yes, but back before MC and when Roblox was good and miked was famous) I changed it to Superbrick (I was 7) and used that ever since. Then it was taken when I signed up for Minecraft, so I dug up the old alias. I then later discovered that Superbrick is a type of stitch, and Spyboticsguy is both generally more badass than 'Superbrick' plus it's an allusion to an old series of LEGO kits that nobody remembers anymore. Also it's fun to go to old threads and ressurect them, as opposed to starting ANOTHER with the same topic.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 03 Oct 2011, 01:17

Spy... the date... look at the date...!

Edit: Missed your last line. I still think making a new thread would be a better option though...
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 03 Oct 2011, 03:51

i remember Spybotics... however i also remember Bionicle from around the same time :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Rock Beefchest
Site Contributor

Post by Rock Beefchest » 03 Oct 2011, 11:02

I will give one huge internet cookie to whomever can correctly identify the source of my name. It is a very obscure reference to a television show from the 90's. That is the only clue your going to get.

NeonRaven
Director

Post by NeonRaven » 03 Oct 2011, 11:56

NeonRaven I used in 1997 on a text based chat board I was on. Neon because I am pale and Raven because of my dark brown hair. I also go by Bloo. I love the color blue and the song Blue. When I played the Sims online, I got a second account and wanted Blue, that was taken, tried bluegirl and that was taken and ended up with Bloo. I use variations of these names in WoW as well :)
NeonRaven aka Bloo, Dallas, TX
Spoiler! :
"I'll be strong in mind as I am in body. I'll be a a straight shooter, and a square dealer.
My family name will be sacred, and my word will be as good as any contract, and I will seek out places where the sky is big and I will remember the Alamo. I'll stick by my friends, and eat more chicken-fried steak." When you grow up in Texas, you learn to live by an unwritten code. ~ Frost Bank

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 05 Oct 2011, 15:19

Tanis ~ from dragonlance.

Tanisjihanis just so no one EVER EVER EVER has my username :D
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 05 Oct 2011, 15:34

Bloo wrote:NeonRaven I used in 1997 on a text based chat board I was on. Neon because I am pale and Raven because of my dark brown hair. I also go by Bloo. I love the color blue and the song Blue. When I played the Sims online, I got a second account and wanted Blue, that was taken, tried bluegirl and that was taken and ended up with Bloo. I use variations of these names in WoW as well :)
About that... we require that you use your in game Minecraft name for the forums.
So that means you need to use NeonRaven as the forum name.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » 05 Oct 2011, 17:08

Fairly simple, really. "Vanguard" is a military term referring to the spearhead of an advance or the the forefront of any type of movement. I chose that early on in my online gaming career (say, middle school) because I noticed I had a habit of usually rushing into confrontation with enemies when the opportunity arose.

... we're not talking acts of Leeroy Jenkin-ism here, but you get the idea. Hell, even on this server I make a habit of going out of my way to kill the mobs wandering about HarborTown.

At any rate, the name has stuck. From a simple name for game saves and profiles to a gamertag to a forum handle and general alias from everywhere between games, real life, and damn near everywhere else.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 05 Oct 2011, 23:26

I'm commonly referred to as Afles or Afly, because it's easier and more adorable than Aflycon.

I am become Afles,
Cuddler of worlds.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 06 Oct 2011, 00:23

aflycon wrote:I'm commonly referred to as Afles or Afly, because it's easier and more adorable than Aflycon.

I am become Afles,
Cuddler of worlds.
You shall always be Alfy to me. :-D

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 06 Oct 2011, 00:35

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. Alfy and Alfycon are common misspellings, I honestly think there are two or three people here who can both accurately spell and pronounce my name correctly. ;_;

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 06 Oct 2011, 08:12

I always spell it afly(con)...

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 13 Nov 2011, 18:33

sag185... initials, are SATG. Would have been SAG but parents put in the T so i didnt get ridiculed. So i chose sag, for that reason alone. And the 185 is just a tad random. :3

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 14 Nov 2011, 01:27

sag185 wrote:sag185... initials, are SATG. Would have been SAG but parents put in the T so i didnt get ridiculed. So i chose sag, for that reason alone. And the 185 is just a tad random. :3
Aha, Dont be a silly sag. I think mine and Delphi's nick name for you is so much more appropriate.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 14 Nov 2011, 10:17

it all started woth halo 3. my xbox name was a hobo. sereusly. so it was like in the chat "you assassinated a hobo"
or "you wer lazered by a hobo" so when i got my live acount a hobo was taken. an i always hated pepol who had random numbers or spacese in ther names so i came up with this. and now any acount i make i can awlay use it. my brothors name is also origonal but its baced of stargate atlantace and then evolved over time. (if you wondering its lt colnel sheep) the only time i had to use somthing othor then hobohazard was in world of tanks when my first acount witch i named hobohazard fialed to send, i had to use hobohazard42.
the adventure update in a nutshell
Creeper: Can i come in
Player: Nope
Creeper: Herobrine's Outside
Player: OMG GET IN
Herobrine: PLZ LET ME IN
Player: not you this time
Herobrine: But Enderman Is chasing me
PLayer: HOLY CRAP GET IN
Enderman: please with A diamond on top let me in
Everyone: NO
Enderman: But its going to be Day
PLayer: OH CRAP WHAT A WIMP

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 15 Nov 2011, 05:46

Heh, my nickname is Jakeman214. My initials are JD, but I ended up with Jakeman, which is strange for an Aussie in that we always shorten names! The 214 is my unique number cause Jakeman is always taken. For reference, 214 was my Australian Air Force Cadets Squadron Number. Charlie Section, 2 Flight REPRESENT!

Some of my older handles include sgt_jakeman, sgt jakeman214, Silent214 (Current Steam handle, though I'm never on!), Cartographer214, carto214. The sgt was the rank I wanted to get in the Air Force Cadets, but I enjoyed being a Leading Cadet and one of the "Old lazy boys" instead of actually having to look after the cadets. Silent is cause I never shut up IRL, so the Aussie opposites nicknaming thing kicked in once my IRL friends got ahold of that one. Cartographer is because I can read and create maps with insane ease, and the two together make the name of one of teh best levels in videogame history.
Tabi no tochū.
Proud Queenslander, reminding the New South Welshmen exactly WHY they keep losing the State of Origin.

zekesonxx

Post by zekesonxx » 30 Nov 2011, 06:55

Well, my username consists of Zeke and Sonxx.
Zeke is what I wish my real name was. (Zach)
Sonxx just sounds cool.
Nothing more to it then that.

Also, my brother's AIM username:
aimisanueseance

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 30 Nov 2011, 17:38

Wasder is easy to type (I used to use it on The Escapist before changing to The Right To Arm Bears), and SM are my initials. To be honest, when I created my MC account, I never thought I'd be playing multiplayer, that's why it's crap.
WWTDD