Money, shame, fortune?... or love ?

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Zinrius
Retired

Money, shame, fortune?... or love ?

Post by Zinrius » 14 Jun 2011, 14:59

What would you rather go for ?

On one hand, you would be the richest most powerful and feared person in a state but your life is filled with dangers and you have control of who goes and who stays in this living realm.

On the other, you would be a regular person living a humble life, struggling but living life the normal way without risking anyone's life or taking life with your loved one.

What would you choose ?
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: Money, shame, fortune?... or love ?

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 14 Jun 2011, 14:59

I technically live one of those lives already, so I think my case invalidates it.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 14 Jun 2011, 15:33

Neither.
--Tulonsae

makkaal

Post by makkaal » 15 Jun 2011, 03:33

I'd probably prefer a middle way, but since I have to choose - the latter. I'd rather have a hard life full of fulfillment than a superficially enjoyable life with constant risks.

I believe what makes us evil is when we force others to make sacrifices for our own agendas. In most cases I would even go as far as saying that this is the case even if our agenda is a kind of greater good, e.g. a virtuous life (see religious fanaticism) or equality (see communism).
And since I don't want to be an evil person, I'd rather choose the hard life.
"Wollt ihr 'n Hut? Nur Mut, 'n Hut tut gut!"

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 15 Jun 2011, 06:10

Zinrius wrote:On the other, you would be a regular person living a humble life, struggling but living life the normal way without risking anyone's life or taking life with your loved one.
^ This ^

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 15 Jun 2011, 10:26

Zinrius wrote: On the other, you would be a regular person living a humble life, struggling but living life the normal way without risking anyone's life or taking life with your loved one.

ojamamask

Post by ojamamask » 15 Jun 2011, 11:23

I'm not literate enough to understand this....

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 15 Jun 2011, 11:59

i want money but am against violence... second!

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 16 Jun 2011, 14:54

Fuzz422365117 wrote:
Zinrius wrote:On the other, you would be a regular person living a humble life, struggling but living life the normal way without risking anyone's life or taking life with your loved one.
^ This ^
^ This ^
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Minazen

Post by Minazen » 16 Jun 2011, 15:14

I like how forums have people with very little to say that "quote the quotes" of others to respond which basically add nothing new/fresh to the topic.

Now, onto my opinion. If I had no other choice except the ones posted in the OP, I would go for the first one. I'm a girl of needs and seeing how love is such an empty word in my dictionary I would rather play the game of life in a way that I can step on someone without a care in the world... Love ? It could happen during my reign of chaos as I swim in a pool of hundred dollar bills and dry myself off with the skin of my victims.

Yes yes.

ojamamask

Post by ojamamask » 16 Jun 2011, 15:53

Zinrius wrote: On one hand, you would be the richest most powerful and feared person in a state but your life is filled with dangers and you have control of who goes and who stays in this living realm.

On the other, you would be a regular person living a humble life, struggling but living life the normal way without risking anyone's life or taking life with your loved one.
On the third hand (what the hell ojamamask you have three hands!!!!!) You would be the richest most powerful person in the world, without risking anyone's life or taking the life of your loved one or even making big decisions. Just perfect.

^this^

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 16 Jun 2011, 17:32

Minazen wrote:I like how forums have people with very little to say that "quote the quotes" of others to respond which basically add nothing new/fresh to the topic.

Now, onto my opinion. If I had no other choice except the ones posted in the OP, I would go for the first one. I'm a girl of needs and seeing how love is such an empty word in my dictionary I would rather play the game of life in a way that I can step on someone without a care in the world... Love ? It could happen during my reign of chaos as I swim in a pool of hundred dollar bills and dry myself off with the skin of my victims.

Yes yes.
A... very colorful there. *backs away slowly*
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius