Humans Versus Zombies

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Humans Versus Zombies

Post by TyrasEngineer » 07 Jun 2011, 14:25

Hi!
I was just wondering if anyone on these forums played Humans Versus Zombies, as I'm trying to start a game. For those of you who don't know what it is:

"Humans vs. Zombies is a game of tag. All players begin as humans, and one is randomly chosen to be the ‘Original Zombie’. The Original Zombie tags human players and turns them into zombies.

->The Zombies win when all human players have been tagged and turned into zombies. The Humans win by surviving until the end of the last mission, at which point they will be ‘rescued’.
->Players must wear a coloured band at all times. Zombies wear this around their heads, whilst Survivors tie it around their arm. This should be clearly visible, so as to distinguish you from members of the public. A tie, scarf or similar are perfectly acceptable for this use.
->A Survivor can only defend themselves from Zombies through use of legal weapons. Such weapons include Nerf Guns, rolled up socks and foam balls. All weapons must be harmless and cannot look realistic, so as not to scare others. If you have a query about a weapon, please ask a moderator.
->When a Zombie is hit by a Survivor's weapon, they are 'stunned'. The player must sit down for a minimum of five minutes. During this time they cannot act to help either side, by providing information, blocking attacks or such like.
->Zombies cannot use weapons. A Zombie can successfully attack a Survivor by 'tagging' them. This requires the Zombie to touch the Survivor, without being 'stunned'.
->Once tagged, a Survivor is killed. They must sit down for a minimum of five minutes. If another Survivor wishes to take weapons from the player, they may do so. After this time is up, the player becomes a Zombie. Their coloured band must be placed around their head.
->Players must not disturb or compromise the safety of members of the public. Anyone found doing so will be asked to no longer participate.
->All players must stay within the boundaries, and stay out of the forbidden areas.
->Humans can elect before a game to become a ‘Medic’. Medics are not allowed to use weapons, but are able to hold and use antidotes. These can be used to revive killed humans. To use an antidote, a medic must feed it to a human that has been killed, but not yet turned into a zombie. Medics are the only players allowed to use antidotes. A medic can take antidotes from another medic. There will be a limit of one medic for every five humans."

This summary was written by the group who play at Northampton, but there's several more places in the UK (Hopefully one more soon!) and loads in the US. It's obviously a relatively small "Sport" but it's good fun, and I urge anyone who has the chance to try it out.
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni