Wanted to Stop By and Say Hi

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
asi1998
Retired

Wanted to Stop By and Say Hi

Post by asi1998 » 24 Jan 2016, 23:33

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been online but I was reminiscing with Clanton1 about this community and my awesome days here the other day. We are both only four months from graduation, and we played this back in middle school. Im so glad the server is still doing great! Miss y'all a lot. Wanted to stop by and say hi, how has everyone been doing?
-asi1998
~John 3:16

Furdabip
Poop

Re: Wanted to Stop By and Say Hi

Post by Furdabip » 25 Jan 2016, 09:02

We've all died.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 27 Jan 2016, 10:52

Sometimes I drop by this place, but then it makes me a little sad.

It was so long ago when we used to play this game. Those were some great times.

random980

Post by random980 » 28 Jan 2016, 03:32

Hey Asi!
I just logged on to see how the server was going as well. It's barren, not a soul in sight. :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 28 Jan 2016, 21:50

Miss this community a bunch
-asi1998
~John 3:16

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 06 Feb 2016, 15:53

Wow, I have been gone for a long time, much longer then I planed.
A lot going on with moving and such and got a bit burnt out from Minecraft, so took a little break, that break ended up being for a long long time, just logged back into Minecraft for the first time in ages. Shall see if I'll start playing again or not.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 10 Feb 2016, 23:34

derigin wrote:Sometimes I drop by this place, but then it makes me a little sad.

It was so long ago when we used to play this game. Those were some great times.
This is basically the case for me as well derigin. Though I have been doing LOTS of building in starmade. And testing... don't forget testing!
Opportunity knocks but once, Temptation leans on the door bell.

The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 15 Feb 2016, 18:41

I feel regret with how I dropped off the radar along with most of the community

tothewhale

Post by tothewhale » 19 Feb 2016, 15:12

Iron_Fang wrote:I feel regret with how I dropped off the radar along with most of the community
Hi Fang.

I am amused that I feel like I've been here awhile, and I check on here occasionally. Then I see other posts like this from users I've personally never played with who went through the whole cycle of things after I had taken my leave.

arizons

Post by arizons » 21 Feb 2016, 21:15

Hytro wrote:Wow, I have been gone for a long time, much longer then I planed.
A lot going on with moving and such and got a bit burnt out from Minecraft, so took a little break, that break ended up being for a long long time, just logged back into Minecraft for the first time in ages. Shall see if I'll start playing again or not.
Hi Hytro...hope so...missed you being around
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

Mixizm

Post by Mixizm » 22 Feb 2016, 08:13

Good to see you guys again. Yes, the server is very barren in terms of online players. A fresh start for 1.9 would be nice, if the staff can muster it. I had hoped to start playing on EC again but it's a ghost town right now.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 28 Feb 2016, 03:31

Gotta miss the good old days.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 03 Mar 2016, 16:54

tothewhale wrote:
Iron_Fang wrote:I feel regret with how I dropped off the radar along with most of the community
Hi Fang.

I am amused that I feel like I've been here awhile, and I check on here occasionally. Then I see other posts like this from users I've personally never played with who went through the whole cycle of things after I had taken my leave.
I know that feeling, there are probably quite a few generations who went through the server if anyone went through the effort of looking through the users. There are guys like like Mountbatten or Beard who were pretty much bored of Minecraft by the time I started, and there are people who went through that whole cycle well after I left.

And hey! I poked my head around some time around Christmas, I see they finally removed my Mod status. Nice to see there are at least a few familiar names around. Actually surprising considering how often I played Minecraft when I was drunk...

I'm not really up for playing Minecraft again for a lot of reasons; I'm pretty sure I've lost access to my account, I'm actually busy with a job (apparently I'm a proper adult these days) and I think I'd just find it really sad. I really loved playing here back then and it's never going to live up to how it was for me (unless you're going to forcibly round everyone up. Just a suggestion).

If anyone fancies beating the stuffing out of me at Rocket League or Civ or something though, find me on Steam (Wasder). Recently rooted out my 3DS so I might even stretch to a Pokemon battle as well. You'll beat me at that too.

EDIT: Just noticed it's not far off five years since I joined. FIVE YEARS? That's scary.
WWTDD