Hello Old and New players

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
rbk95

Hello Old and New players

Post by rbk95 » 25 Feb 2015, 03:58

It's been a long time since I've played minecraft, much less escapecraft. This server has been like a second home to me for the last oh jeez i don't know, 4-5 years? It's been amazing, I've met so many people, too many to count xD 5 years, for me that's quite a bit of time, I've gone through so much these last few years but Escapecraft has always been there for me. I love Escapecraft, and i love the players. It's always been a fun place to hang with people i know, and don't know. One of my fondest memories of all these years on EC is the fact that i can say that i have been here longer than even Wokka xD. (If i recall correctly the one who used to run this place back in the day was a guy by the name of Rembrantq, after Sneaky and his little laptop of course ;) ) Wokka you are an amazing man for running this server along with the admins and moderators and anyone else who keeps it up and running. I've made some great friends over the years here. While the staff are the backbone and the heart of this server, you the players, you're the skin that holds community together. Old players you bring all this wisdom and knowledge from the old days. I didn't join till right after Ver 2 launched. Ver 2 was fun and challenging and encompassed the spirit of minecraft. Minecraft was a bustling and exciting new game for me back then. I used to be part of the call of duty crowd but one day one of the youtubers i watched started playing it. I decided to check it out ( this was back in the days of Alpha). At that point minecraft was pretty basic, limited blocks, limited animals, etc. It was only like $7 so i said why not :P Well that $7 ended up bringing me unimaginable joy. Me, a shy and lonely middle schooler had nothing better to do than play video games. Over the years i did some crazy stuff and acting like a doofus on the server. It was an escape for me, an escape from reality. I'm glad i was able to spend all those years on this server, with all these amazing people. So Sneaky, Lord, Haxx,Beltom, Wokka, Sach, Lionheart(Loinheart xP), Beard,Skunk, Milo, Kindy, Lath, Vall, Bum,Seru, Byroe, Power, Invun, Drox, Delphi, Sti and everyone else who i know i'm forgetting, Thank You. Thank you so much, even if you guys never see this message, thank you from the bottom of my heart,. I love you all so much, more than you know, you got me through some very tough times. I made you put up with my crap, i was (and still am) immature. I'm young, naive, and headstrong. I wish from the bottom of my heart that we could all play minecraft again like the old days but i know that's not possible. I wish everyone luck in their lives and hope that you all are eternally happy in every way possible. I really miss all of you guys and i know this whole message is sappy and dumb but i really mean every single word iv'e said here. Good Luck and keep minecrafting guys :)

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Hello Old and New players

Post by Iron_Fang » 22 Mar 2015, 08:31

RBK *HUG* (Screw u for forgetting me ;_;). Even though I missed out on v2, adventuring with you guys in v3 was the highlight of me playing Minecraft. Thanks everyone for being amazing too!

tothewhale

Re: Hello Old and New players

Post by tothewhale » 24 Mar 2015, 19:37

Are we doing nostalgia? Cause I can! And no-one pretend to not know who this is.

Like rbk, I started before most peeps. It's been quite an interesting ride, and I can thoroughly say I'd do everything the same, even the end(This may be stepping into sore territory, but I think of it better to go with a bang than to stand around a carcass of what it was)

I've sometimes thought about making a different account not associated with my formers, and seeing what it may be like under a new guise, but eventually settle on letting go, I feel that it will never be the same as when I was focused here and so were dozens of others

I miss quite a lot of you, I realize that my own actions are what caused this feeling, and encourage anyone who would like to see the continued adventures of myself to add me on the Bookface, PM for an eventual response.

I wish I could think of a good way to end this, thinking this as my final farewell, but I am at a loss. Goodbye all, we'll always have Escapia.