London riots. AHAHAHHHH!

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
KaosuHamoni

Re: London riots. AHAHAHHHH!

Post by KaosuHamoni » 16 Aug 2011, 15:11

SachielOne wrote:
KaosuHamoni wrote:...at which point a 16 year old girl asked questions of a specific officer. He then pushed her to the ground. and and of the nearby police drew their batons, and attacked her.
Right. The police are really that stupid. I'm gonna have to put a "Citation Needed" tag on that one.
After scouring the internet, a lot of different people have been saying different things, but the general consensus it that she challenged the police, so they beat her. Here's an eyewitness report, courtesy of the BBC

The Metropolitan Police are a collection of corrupt bastards, and, in all the years I lived In London, not once did I feel safe knowing the Met was there.
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 16 Aug 2011, 15:12

Ojama, your sig just completely tricked me. Thought it was a real bug on my screen. :roll:
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

ojamamask

Post by ojamamask » 16 Aug 2011, 15:13

that's the third person in 2 days. hehehe

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 16 Aug 2011, 15:28

KaosuHamoni wrote: The Metropolitan Police are a collection of corrupt bastards, and, in all the years I lived In London, not once did I feel safe knowing the Met was there.
So in the end it depends whether you prefer the more ubiquitous and harsher MetPol or pathetic, obviously understaffed groups like Leeds's police force?

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 16 Aug 2011, 15:31

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
KaosuHamoni wrote: The Metropolitan Police are a collection of corrupt bastards, and, in all the years I lived In London, not once did I feel safe knowing the Met was there.
So in the end it depends whether you prefer the more ubiquitous and harsher MetPol or pathetic, obviously understaffed groups like Leeds's police force?
It's not that they are overly harsh, it's that they are corrupt and self-serving.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 16 Aug 2011, 15:47

i actualy dont find the met that bad. when you look at other police forces like the ones on the continent the Met are paragons of virtue.

and yes they still need reform which is why i think a change of blood at the top of the Met (Bill Bratten sounds damn good with his track record) is good.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 16 Aug 2011, 15:59

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:pathetic, obviously understaffed groups
Lytham St Annes Police Force have to use bikes now, their cars were taken away due to cuts, and the Force's numbers have been severely slashed. Of course, there is an alternative; they can take the bus.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 16 Aug 2011, 17:23

vallorn wrote:i actualy dont find the met that bad. when you look at other police forces like the ones on the continent the Met are paragons of virtue.

and yes they still need reform which is why i think a change of blood at the top of the Met (Bill Bratten sounds damn good with his track record) is good.
It may be different where you live, but in London, they are almost as bad as the criminals...