Download 2012 Advice

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
sag185
Retired

Download 2012 Advice

Post by sag185 » 26 Jan 2012, 16:17

Alright guys, I'm going to the download rock festival in June, and I just wanted advice for travelling light, but last for a weekend. I will be buying a lot of food there, but still want a big rucksack to hold all my food and drink etc. I just want some advice for what rucksack to get, i know what tent I'm getting but need advice on travelling light basically, so I don't have to make multiple trips.

Needs to be cheap stuff though.. :D Limited budget and all that. also good, cheap but high capacity rucksacks are a must, and they just basically have to last me a weekend :)

SMWasder
Retired

Re: Download 2012 Advice

Post by SMWasder » 26 Jan 2012, 16:48

I might be there too! Depends on exams...

I use an ancient Karrimoor rucksack for festivals, they're pretty sturdy. Don't go for cheap ones marketed as 'festival' rucksacks, they'll fall apart instantly XD.
WWTDD

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 26 Jan 2012, 17:16

I jsut need something that lasts a weekend :L
But if it will last me a few years i might go halfsies with my dad on buying it, any recommendations?:P

EDIT: Also, if you go i should meet you there some time :3

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 26 Jan 2012, 18:28

Get a crappy bag. It likely won't make it back anyway. The same goes for the tent.

As for packing advice: I haven't been to Download, but I'll share what I learned from Oxegen.

- Wellies suck. Don't wear wellies. If you have old DC's (or similar) that you don't mind getting wrecked, use them instead.
- DUCT TAPE. Shit happens, and duct tape will be the answer a surprising amount of times.
- Most of the things you bring "just in case" you probably won't use, which is detrimental to your plan to travel light. You'll still bring them anyway of course.
- Keep your money in many different places - it gives you more chance of finding some when you're not at your most sober (all the time), and if some gets stolen/lost, you'll still have more.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 26 Jan 2012, 18:32

:D
Thanks dupe, thats pretty darn helpful.
Duct tape is god material, got it. :3
and i cant really think of just incase stuff to be honest, just first aid kit :L