Tropico 4 (75% off currently and has a demo)

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Tropico 4 (75% off currently and has a demo)

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 11 Mar 2013, 13:58

I didn't know anything about Tropico until it went on sale and saw it being mentioned to take advantage of the disastrous and suicidal SimCity launch. Lo and behold it had a demo on Steam, and so I downloaded it. I then played it, loved it, and bought the collector's edition to get all the DLC for only $10. I bought it Saturday morning; according to Steam, I have played it for 28 hours, with no sign of stopping any time soon.

TRY THE DEMO. Nothing I can say about the game will compare to simply trying out the game for yourself.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Tropico 4 (75% off currently and has a demo)

Post by Invunarble » 11 Mar 2013, 14:53

Tropico 4, with all DLCs, for $10?

I tried a demo of the third game on Xbox a while ago, and I was fairly impressed with it. Of course, everything on Xbox Live is super expensive, and the fourth game was $50 or something.

Normally I'm not swayed by steam "flash discounts" that are thrown around from time to time, but man, this is a pretty good deal.

MUST GET MONEY FASTER!
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

andy25100
Retired

Re: Tropico 4 (75% off currently and has a demo)

Post by andy25100 » 12 Mar 2013, 16:43

Tropico is an amazing series and I reccomend that you pick up the second one as it is the wild card of the group seeing as you're an actual pirate, though I haven't tried 4, played a bit of 3 and own it on Good Old Games but not 4, I'll pick it up as running a modern day banana republic sounds just as much fun as running one during the cold war.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers