Centration

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Maykxor
Site Contributor

Centration

Post by Maykxor » 24 Oct 2012, 00:18

So I was doing some Greenlight approving in steam and happened to come across this game called Centration.
Essentially, this game is a sort of RP Character/survival/ adventure game. This video commentary here does a better job of explaining what they have planned for the game than I can. But it sounds to me a lot like "Face of Mankind" if you've ever played that game. Or a better example, inspired by the old game: Space Station 13.

http://youtu.be/qHaaiPGPNPA

Basically, your character has a class in which it operates on a space station, and you do your job to keep the station functional and improving through either engineering, science, or security. This game is still it very early development phases and very little is revealed in terms of actual gameplay experience. Only what they hope to accomplish exists.

More information can be found on their website: http://www.centration.co

Now, why do I bring this up? Because this game sounds absolutely amazing. I encourage you all to at least take a look at their site and get excited about this game like I am. From what they describe, this will be an ever-growing, ever-changing game play experience that's different every time you go through it. And to be honest, the technologies they're incorporating into this game sound pretty impressive and coming to as close to what a reality in a futuristic space age dimension would be like.

While this game isn't scheduled to be released till november of 2013, I have arranged for server to be reserved in my name for a full year upon release. I would like to open up this server to the Escapecraft community as a server for us all to play Centration. If you would like to help support the cause of this game, you can reach their donation page: http://www.indiegogo.com/centration?c=home&a=1661036
Which can even grant you the perk of pre-ordering the game for as low as 5 US Dollars! Again I encourage you all to take a look at this exciting new pre-alpha stage game and want to know how many of us would be interested in having this game become a part of our community much like the Escapecraft MVM / TF2 servers.
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Quotes from cool people I've met over the years:
sobamushi "Maykxor your avatar makes me wanna dance ._.! "
MissKatieKillU: "WHAT THE F***ING F*** IS GOING ON IN MY F***ING ROLEPLAY?"
"I think you may have problems, my friend."
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Re: Centration

Post by Maykxor » 25 Sep 2013, 13:13

Developing news on the Centration homefront! They'll be releasing a pre-alpha version stress testing thing on steam for those who pre-purchase the game for as little as 15 US Dollars. The Pre-Alpha is set to release on Sep 30, 5 days from now, so that the developers can get an idea of just how the game will handle as well as give backers an inside look as to what the game is going to look like. It will look very much unfinished and the gooey aspect of the game will probably be crude and rudimentary at best but it's more of a chance for players interested in the game to get a feel for the systems implimented in the game. I don't know for sure what they will have available in the pre-alpha release but they have shown some interesting livestream demonstrations of how power and electricity will work as including security systems and locking mechanisms on doors as well as their relatively realistic physics space vacuum abilities. Hope you guys take a minute to glance this game over as it looks to be rather immersive.

http://www.centration.co/
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 27 Sep 2013, 13:50

Premium acquired!

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 27 Sep 2013, 16:03

Backed it

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 30 Sep 2013, 22:59

Minor delays >.> Just heard news they weren't ready for a full out playerbase test cause even when the devs alone tried it out it crashed miserably. I blame bad PR and testing on their part :/
Reguardles, pre-alpha is delayed till next week the 7th.
http://www.centration.co/news/2013/09/2 ... -one-week/