EvE Online

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Torrent_Talon

EvE Online

Post by Torrent_Talon » 02 Nov 2010, 13:35

well i'm posting this so i can get more people into an amazing game called EvE Online it is a spaced based MMO with a very unique advancement system, it is that you have to with for skills to train with actually having to grind anything too badly obviously this appeals to the people who want a game that they don't have to be on every night to advance in or a just plain lazy (me).

If anyone is interested in trying this game then reply to this thread with your email and i'll send you a link to create an account for a 21-day free trial (you don't need a credit card to sign up for the trial) and if you then sub to the game it gives me 30 days free time i have 2 accounts so atm there are 10 invites ready to be given out and you will have a place in my corp(clan) and i'll show you the ropes, hope to see a few people respond to this at least.

and if you do see you in New Eden

you may want to check youtube for the butterfly effect trailer, it gives you the idea that you can be whatever you want in this game which is true, did i also mention that it runs on 1 single server with at least 30k people online at any moment.
Image [SSSS]

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Re: EvE Online

Post by SachielOne » 02 Nov 2010, 13:44

Any time someone mentions EVE, the following comes to mind:

http://www.eve-pirate.com/uploads/LearningCurve.jpg

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 02 Nov 2010, 14:15

yea that can be the learning curve of eve it just depends what career you choose
Image [SSSS]

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 02 Nov 2010, 16:25

Sach why not just try the game what harm couldit do :PPP
Image [SSSS]

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 03 Nov 2010, 01:12

Ive tried EVE twice now and both times, I ended up coming out with the same conclusion. Looks awesome, and it is awesome, but there is just so much to learn at times. Everyone should try it, simply to see if it clicks with them.
Check out my Store, Now Open in New Escapia! Well, I guess its gone now, but you can always check the thread for laughs!....I guess? :)

iyskreem

Post by iyskreem » 04 Nov 2010, 12:00

I'll have to download this to see if it runs on my Mac. Keep an invite space open for me, Talon!
SachielOne wrote:Any time someone mentions EVE, the following comes to mind:

That is hilarious. Thank you :lol:

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 05 Nov 2010, 16:36

iyskreem wrote:I'll have to download this to see if it runs on my Mac. Keep an invite space open for me, Talon!
SachielOne wrote:Any time someone mentions EVE, the following comes to mind:

That is hilarious. Thank you :lol:
you can download a .dmg file to drop into your applications it's on the download eve page
Image [SSSS]

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 05 Nov 2010, 16:36

Deofuta wrote:Ive tried EVE twice now and both times, I ended up coming out with the same conclusion. Looks awesome, and it is awesome, but there is just so much to learn at times. Everyone should try it, simply to see if it clicks with them.
what career did you take in each one :P
Image [SSSS]

Callex
Site Contributor

Post by Callex » 05 Nov 2010, 16:55

I played EVE for a good few months, had a nice P4 planetary system setup in lowsec, it was good fun sneaking past the gatecamps, and I even befriended a few of the griefers. When my subscription went dry, I didn't have the will to resub, with SC2 on the go etc...

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 05 Nov 2010, 17:06

Torrent_Talon wrote:
Deofuta wrote:Ive tried EVE twice now and both times, I ended up coming out with the same conclusion. Looks awesome, and it is awesome, but there is just so much to learn at times. Everyone should try it, simply to see if it clicks with them.
what career did you take in each one :P
You know, to be honest both times I simply tried to make it through the entire first Arc-Quest. I think I made it as far as Sec-5 until I lost everything. Honestly though. The more we keep talking about it the more I want to play it again :)
Check out my Store, Now Open in New Escapia! Well, I guess its gone now, but you can always check the thread for laughs!....I guess? :)

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 06 Nov 2010, 05:47

Deo why not try PvP or mining?
Image [SSSS]

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 06 Nov 2010, 05:48

Callex wrote:I played EVE for a good few months, had a nice P4 planetary system setup in lowsec, it was good fun sneaking past the gatecamps, and I even befriended a few of the griefers. When my subscription went dry, I didn't have the will to resub, with SC2 on the go etc...
oh well dude P4 is nice how much isk were you making ?
Image [SSSS]

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 06 Nov 2010, 13:24

Alright Talon, you've broken me. Just finished updating and am ready to have my third EVE adventure. What do you suggest I do first?

Callex
Site Contributor

Post by Callex » 06 Nov 2010, 13:28

Torrent_Talon wrote: oh well dude P4 is nice how much isk were you making ?
I was making broadcast nodes that sold for about 1 million per unit, which wasnt bad money considering you can do it alongside mission running or mining. It was a heavily camped route but only 9-10 jumps from jita, so sales were quick and easy. Setting the damn thing up was the tricky bit; the top end command centres don't come cheap, and I had a very limited budget at the time.

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 06 Nov 2010, 15:19

Do either of you guys have a go to site for starting up? So much I don't remember...

Any tips for a semi-beginner?

Edit: Also, is there some sort of referral program I can get so you guys get a benefit of some sort?

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 06 Nov 2010, 17:42

Deofuta wrote:Do either of you guys have a go to site for starting up? So much I don't remember...

Any tips for a semi-beginner?

Edit: Also, is there some sort of referral program I can get so you guys get a benefit of some sort?
give me your e-mail ad i'll give you a link to a extended trial, if you sub i ge a free month
Image [SSSS]

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 06 Nov 2010, 20:07

Done and done, but here it is again in case you miss it in your messages:

the.raikage@gmail.com

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 07 Nov 2010, 05:40

Deo invite will be sent in the next couple of minutes if you're on here ign for eve is Torrent Talon throw me a message and i'll get you into my corp, also go gall or minma cuz they're the best for PvP to start with
Image [SSSS]

Smoney2

Post by Smoney2 » 07 Nov 2010, 12:11

I've been looking to try EVE but heard that the learning curve is absolutely insane, though the articles i sometimes see online about insane heists make it look quite interesting.
I was tired during account creation so i hit 2 instead of 1 and can't be bothered to change my name or make a new account.
Escapist Name: Smoney1
Steam Name: Smoney1
Kongregate: Smoney1
Xbox Live: S money1 (I know, soooo different)

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 07 Nov 2010, 14:46

those 'heists' took years to pull off :P and also its learning curve is only as steep as you make it :P
Image [SSSS]

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 07 Nov 2010, 18:53

Hehe just finished the Military branch of missions. Now I am just going to sit me thinks and try and get some skills up. Hell, they even gave me a frigate, but I don't have the skill to use it yet XD

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 09 Nov 2010, 12:21

Deofuta wrote:Hehe just finished the Military branch of missions. Now I am just going to sit me thinks and try and get some skills up. Hell, they even gave me a frigate, but I don't have the skill to use it yet XD
you should have gallente frigate 3 so you should :)
Image [SSSS]

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 09 Nov 2010, 14:19

Nah, started with Gallente Frigate 2 I believe, and am finishing up with Analytical Mind 4 right now. Ill get it after Analytical is done :)

Then, to Logic!

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 02 Dec 2010, 05:08

Deo you still playing?
Image [SSSS]

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 15 Jan 2012, 15:23

Over a year on, does anyone here still play Eve?
I've been playing a while, just on 20m skillpoints now and loving it, and would like to invite others to play with me. PM me if you want an extended trial, will give you 3 weeks rather than the standard 2 weeks. If you choose to subscribe I also get a month free, so will give you some starting money if you do subscribe.
My alliance does have a training program and separate training corp, if you want help learning the game.

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 15 Aug 2012, 08:18

This is still an option, come play eve with me!