Dawnguard - Skyrim DLC

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
D4nny

Dawnguard - Skyrim DLC

Post by D4nny » 10 Jun 2012, 18:00

Serriously, this looks like such a good DLC.

Basicly, there are vampire lords who want to block out the sun using a ritual with two Elder scrolls. Joining them allows you to transform into a vampire lord, with a new skillset.
The enemies of thhe Vampire lords, wanting to stop them, are the Dawngaurd. These are "Van Halen style" vampire hunters, of course bringing crossbows into the game. Joining the Dawngaurd will give you a lycanthropic skillset.

Some features, then:

- New mounts
- Mounted combat
- Crossbows
- Transformation into a vampiric lord
- New realm and other areas
- New dragon shout, rips the soul from an enemy

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqXKZOS2jQ
Release date (As said by Todd Howard): June 26th

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: Dawngaurd - Skyrim DLC

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 Jun 2012, 20:29

Definitely going Dawngaurd, werewolves are cooler. :D
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 10 Jun 2012, 21:06

http://dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com/

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 11 Jun 2012, 02:13

Stalke wrote:Sign up for the Dawnguard Beta here but be warned. It is ONLY FOR XBOX 360.

http://dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com/
Of course it is. Microsoft pays out the anus to get exclusive/ early content from publishers.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 11 Jun 2012, 05:29

That's why I have an Xbox 360. <3 Microsoft!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 11 Jun 2012, 07:36

<3 PC! When I have a good one...

Seriously though, mods! :D

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 11 Jun 2012, 12:07

As I have posted a bit about Dawnguard in the Skyrim thread, I will just copypaste.
And Mounted Combat will come with the 1.6 Patch, PC users already have mounted combat as we get to use the Beta Patch.

Lets do a recap of what the trailer tells us.
  • 1. New Landmasses are added. The snowy island where the Vampire fortress is located, and another one is a region in the Rift where the Dawnguard are located.
  • 2. We can join either the Dawnguard or the Vampires. The Vampires seem to have the most awesome gameplay then the Dawnguards.
  • 3. The Vampires is of course loyal to Molag Bal.
  • 4. The Elder Scroll is used as a weapon as shown in two scenes.
  • 5. Vampire Lord form and some other vampire powers, will be fun to see how much of the powers you will get and how much will only be for npc/creatures.
  • 6. Crossbows are added and the bolts are located on our hips.
  • 7. Nightmare horse.
  • 8. And a Dragon flies into a lake ._. Well, dragons will still be a part of the game.
  • 9. We might be able to turn Skyrim into a vampire homeland, replacing a regular sun with a red one so also change how Skyrim looks.
  • 10.Oh yeah, we will get capes.

Seem we have gotten some more informasjon about Dawnguard.
  • Two new perk trees; one for Lycanthropy, one for Vampirism. Instead of spending points to add perks, the skills go up as you kill enemies with the new powers.
  • The Lycanthropy Skill Tree includes perks such as Animal Vigor, Savage Feeding, and Totem of the Moon.
  • Joining forces with Harkon, leader of the Volkihar Vampires, transforms you into a Master Vampire. The transformation is similar to Lycanthropy, and offers unique powers.
  • One such power is Vampiric Grip, telepathically suspending foes as you feed- basically, a vampire Force Choke.
    Vampires can also levitate and turn into clouds of bats.
  • Vampires gain access to Castle Volkihar, where they can get unique Blood Potions that heal, and count as vampiric feeding.
  • Joining the Dawnguard gives you new weapons and armor- including the crossbows seen in the trailor. They’re governed by Archery perks, of course. You also obtain access to Fort Dawnguard.
  • Dragonbone weapons!
  • New Shouts! One of them is called Soul Tear; raises an enemy’s soul as an undead minion.
  • Character makeover! A new character settles in the Ratway. Race and sex are locked, but you can change your facial features, hair, eye color, etc.
  • New Enemies- Legendary Draons are now the top of the Dragon food chain. Also included are Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls
  • A plane of Oblivion called the Soul Cairn can be visited. It’s full of uundead, and isn’t ruled by a Daedric Prince, but by the Ideal Masters, those who have played Redguard might remember this plane.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 11 Jun 2012, 13:06

Fuckkk that's my birthday. I know what I'm buying :D
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 12 Jun 2012, 01:15

Hytro wrote: 10.Oh yeah, we will get capes.
Do my eyes tell me lies! Dovahkiin song go!

"Dovahkiin Dovahkiin
Naal ok zin los vahriin
wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal
ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin fah hin kogaan mu draal"

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Jun 2012, 03:37

We will also get HATS?

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 12 Jun 2012, 03:47

Faal Sos do Faal dawnguard fen kos med Aan Okaaz do Sahqo fah Daae Gol
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Jun 2012, 06:44

English, do you speak it?

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 12 Jun 2012, 06:56

Nid, Zu dreh ni

D4nny

Post by D4nny » 12 Jun 2012, 17:41

Hytro wrote:As I have posted a bit about Dawnguard in the Skyrim thread, I will just copypaste.
And Mounted Combat will come with the 1.6 Patch, PC users already have mounted combat as we get to use the Beta Patch.

Lets do a recap of what the trailer tells us.
  • 1. New Landmasses are added. The snowy island where the Vampire fortress is located, and another one is a region in the Rift where the Dawnguard are located.
  • 2. We can join either the Dawnguard or the Vampires. The Vampires seem to have the most awesome gameplay then the Dawnguards.
  • 3. The Vampires is of course loyal to Molag Bal.
  • 4. The Elder Scroll is used as a weapon as shown in two scenes.
  • 5. Vampire Lord form and some other vampire powers, will be fun to see how much of the powers you will get and how much will only be for npc/creatures.
  • 6. Crossbows are added and the bolts are located on our hips.
  • 7. Nightmare horse.
  • 8. And a Dragon flies into a lake ._. Well, dragons will still be a part of the game.
  • 9. We might be able to turn Skyrim into a vampire homeland, replacing a regular sun with a red one so also change how Skyrim looks.
  • 10.Oh yeah, we will get capes.

Seem we have gotten some more informasjon about Dawnguard.
  • Two new perk trees; one for Lycanthropy, one for Vampirism. Instead of spending points to add perks, the skills go up as you kill enemies with the new powers.
  • The Lycanthropy Skill Tree includes perks such as Animal Vigor, Savage Feeding, and Totem of the Moon.
  • Joining forces with Harkon, leader of the Volkihar Vampires, transforms you into a Master Vampire. The transformation is similar to Lycanthropy, and offers unique powers.
  • One such power is Vampiric Grip, telepathically suspending foes as you feed- basically, a vampire Force Choke.
    Vampires can also levitate and turn into clouds of bats.
  • Vampires gain access to Castle Volkihar, where they can get unique Blood Potions that heal, and count as vampiric feeding.
  • Joining the Dawnguard gives you new weapons and armor- including the crossbows seen in the trailor. They’re governed by Archery perks, of course. You also obtain access to Fort Dawnguard.
  • Dragonbone weapons!
  • New Shouts! One of them is called Soul Tear; raises an enemy’s soul as an undead minion.
  • Character makeover! A new character settles in the Ratway. Race and sex are locked, but you can change your facial features, hair, eye color, etc.
  • New Enemies- Legendary Draons are now the top of the Dragon food chain. Also included are Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls
  • A plane of Oblivion called the Soul Cairn can be visited. It’s full of uundead, and isn’t ruled by a Daedric Prince, but by the Ideal Masters, those who have played Redguard might remember this plane.

- Levitate is the constant way a VL moves, a little faster than walking and goes over water.
- Vampiric grip allows you to throw and move around grabbed people. In a video, A gaurd in riverwood is thrown up onto the top of a village, dead. While the spell has somebody in it's grip, it's constantly absorbing their health.
- The nightmare horse is a "summon mount" spell, I think it's from killing a dragon in a sidequest. It's deffo. from a sidequest, but I can't remember about the dragon.
- You think crossbows will be available for Vampire lords? I kind of doubt it, but we can hope Dawngaurd encounters could yield one.
Last edited by D4nny on 12 Jun 2012, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 12 Jun 2012, 17:43

Uh D4 I think you missed the point of the Quote button...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

D4nny

Post by D4nny » 12 Jun 2012, 18:19

vallorn wrote:Uh D4 I think you missed the point of the Quote button...
Crap, I left my message and had to relog, reposted and it's removed my quote message.
*Facepalm* Retyping.

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 14 Jun 2012, 16:39

*Prepares flame retardant suit*

Why the hell did they have to go with this twilight crap? I was hoping for something new... and cool... Morrowind/Shivering isles feel when it comes to uniqueness. Not Vampires/Werewolves. At this rate the next expansion will be Skyrim: Zombie Apocolypse.

Do something newwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 14 Jun 2012, 16:50

Cpt_Harlock wrote:*Prepares flame retardant suit*

Why the hell did they have to go with this twilight crap? I was hoping for something new... and cool... Morrowind/Shivering isles feel when it comes to uniqueness. Not Vampires/Werewolves. At this rate the next expansion will be Skyrim: Zombie Apocolypse.

Do something newwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Part of me agrees, then another part of me says "It's only 'cause you want to invade the Dominion". In any case, I was disappointed by the Vampire theme. I find Vampires oh so annoying and boring.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Jun 2012, 17:05

Bum everyone who played Skyrim wants to invade the Dominion. mostly because theyre a bunch of assholes to everyone.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 14 Jun 2012, 17:28

I dont... then there wont be any more in skyrim to kill in humorous and ironic ways
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 14 Jun 2012, 18:17

I REALLY want something outlandish... Like the feeling you got in Morrowind when you set out to the Dunmer Tribes. They did a really great job of making it feel so foreign.

This looks like the same setting with vampires... which the game already had. And werewolves... which the game already had.

I know the plane of oblivion looks cool, but it's just not enough for me to be excited for.

It just seems a bit lazy for their first DLC. I think they should've shot for something more unique and amazing. I honestly don't know if I'll spend my money on this with things being so tight.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 14 Jun 2012, 18:30

I think you're all missing the fact that these aren't the crappy vampires that've been plagueing tv, movies, and teen novels in recent years.

These are proper Bram Stoker vampires, which is awesome in my books. They even dissolve into clouds of bats! Come on!

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 14 Jun 2012, 20:12

Skyrim-Dawnguard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 15 Jun 2012, 19:25

Cpt_Harlock wrote:
Skyrim-Dawnguard.jpg
I VANT TOO SUCK YOUR BLOOOOODD!!! :twisted:
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 15 Jun 2012, 21:06

andy25100 wrote:
Cpt_Harlock wrote:
Skyrim-Dawnguard.jpg
I VANT TOO SUCK YOUR BLOOOOODD!!! :twisted:
YESS!!! I'm very proud to say I created that. I hope to see it around the interwebs some time.

D4nny

Post by D4nny » 19 Jun 2012, 10:17

One week to go!

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 19 Jun 2012, 10:52

tumblr_m5t2k4FKfk1qcsknxo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5t2k4FKfk1qcsknxo3_1280.jpg
And I still have to wait another month for it to come out on PC, GOD DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 20 Jun 2012, 01:38

Yup... Microsoft just loves paying out the ass for early access to stuff. Jerks...

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 20 Jun 2012, 02:22

[Insert generic haha in your face I own an xbox comment here]

In all srs though, I aint gonna get it for 2 reasons. 1. It seems a bit too focused on vampires and werewolves what with the new skill trees and all and 2. I'm attempting to save up for a pc or ps3, which ever is cheapest...
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 20 Jun 2012, 11:32

Don't think werewolves will get anything new except for the new skill tree, and not easy to show anything more than what we have seen in the trailer while not trying to give away the whole plot/story and I'm sure there are some fun and exiting little things to do besides just the main story of the DLC. And it is not that expensive, Todd said the price on E3... Can't remember, but it not expensive.