Fable III - Any Good?

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Zeromaeus

Fable III - Any Good?

Post by Zeromaeus » 31 Oct 2010, 14:22

Is its any good? Did they make it better than the last game at least? I've heard surprisingly little about the game in general except that the economics aren't as broken.
All Will Be Well.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Fable III - Any Good?

Post by SneakyPie » 01 Nov 2010, 09:11

I'm curious about this too.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 01 Nov 2010, 09:19

As am I. I was bummed when the PC version got delayed. What little I've seen about it looks interesting.
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 01 Nov 2010, 10:36

It seems pretty good so far. I haven't had time to play that far into it, though.

Also, they aren't screwing around with the moral choices. It's less of a Mother Teresa/Hitler type of thing, and more of a shades of gray thing. The one you have to make at the start of the game, in particular, may very well take you a few moments to decide.

Oh, and from what some of my friends tell me, the vast riches you can acquire via real estate are actually put to use. Hell, the game's ending really comes down to how much money you have in the bank.

Magnalian

Post by Magnalian » 01 Nov 2010, 11:19

That sounds a lot better than the shite that was Fable 2, but I'm gonna wait and see for now.
I will murder any and all bovines, pigs and future MCnuggets that dare enter my place of residence.

Buchal

Post by Buchal » 02 Nov 2010, 15:03

I'm enjoying it so far...however, I'm in the middle of three games at the mo;

Fallout: New Vegas
Fable III
Minecraft

ROTATE

:lol:

Zeromaeus

Post by Zeromaeus » 02 Nov 2010, 15:05

Buchal wrote:I'm enjoying it so far...however, I'm in the middle of three games at the mo;

Fable III
Minecraft

ROTATE

I'm actually trying to decide whether I should pick up New Vegas or Fable III first.
All Will Be Well.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 03 Nov 2010, 00:16

Buchal wrote:I'm enjoying it so far...however, I'm in the middle of three games at the mo;

Fable III
Minecraft

ROTATE

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Though I haven't been able to bring myself to play F:NV since one of the quests bugged out.

RexDark

Post by RexDark » 08 Nov 2010, 20:43

Very good.
Almost as good as the original, maybe even better.
It even has a boss fight., and not the kind where the boss dies in one hit.
Still, overall it's not very challenging (for an Evil character at least)...

Experience in 3 categories is replaced with guild seals (1 category), which you can get in combat (goes very slowly), by doing quests (give the most guild seals per instance) or by interacting with NPCs (1 full guild seal per first interaction with an NPC, 1 guild seal per quest to improve your relationship with the NPC and 1 guild seal per first time walking by the NPC when they' fear you.) (The first time interacting with an NPC goes the fastest)

Like in Fable 2, you can't die (unfortunately), and every time you get knocked down you get a scar.
Resurection Phials are gone.

EDIT: Oh, and there is an achievement for completing the game without ever getting knocked down... (I'll have to try again for that one, but I will do a second playthrough as a good character anyway...)

Takes about 2 or 3 days of playing to finish (again, as an evil character, I don't know how much you get delayed by playing a good character.) (Not neglecting sleep and apetite).
No signature here.

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 10 Nov 2010, 12:22

If you're trying to get the good ending as a good character, expect significant delays while you dick around waiting for your cash reserves to build up. My real estate holdings were generating about 100k every 5 minutes (not counting home repairs), and it still took hours to be able to afford everything.

Karithina

Post by Karithina » 15 Nov 2010, 00:01

I was expecting the worst just so I didn't get my hopes up, but to my relief I was really, really happy with Fable III. My absolute favourite part has to be the effort they put into making multiplayer actually fun in this one

The good ending was a real... uh... adventure into real estate, it really made me want a mass-repair button. I got a bit impatient in the first few days and replaced the orphanage with a brothel, but apparently I had plenty enough money to go without :lol:

Missed out on the achievement for not getting knocked out because I was absolutely awful at fighting my first couple of Sentinels =\

RexDark

Post by RexDark » 18 Nov 2010, 13:17

Karithina wrote: it really made me want a mass-repair button.
I know what you mean...
I would also have liked a way to control the rent and prices for all houses and shops in 1 place...
Or at least per city.
No signature here.

moimanticore

Post by moimanticore » 19 Jan 2011, 08:33

I enjoyed it very much, the character actually talks now wich make you alot more fond of him and lives more into his choices. weapons and armor are also easier to make your own and not only that you'll have fun characters with familiar voices from the wonderfull island of England. It's more quest driven than the second and have alot of new actually "fun" mini games, I found myself trying to get a hold of a new sword and for half an hour I played gitar hero on a lute, much more fun than just swinging a hammer at an iron bar in my opinion.

Now I'm alittle fanboyish when it commes to fable. I love RPG's and I love to be the hero, and all this is done very well by fable 3, but the downsides of the games are some repetative things to do, less walking, the cash problem.

Over all 9/10

But again, I love Fable.
Meh I don't have anything worth saying.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 20 Jan 2011, 14:19

Honestly, i thought it was the worst out of the three. While the ideas were there and it could have been a very good game, they made so many mistakes. Without trying to spoil anything, being king isn't as good as it should have been. You get to make critical decisions that effect the ending and the overall landscape. However, this part of the game is very short lived. While you are able to play the game after it is completed. There really isn't much else to do once you have finished the rest of the mundane quests. All this game did was make me miss fable 1 and 2. The game is also incredibly easy. Don't expect any challenge whatsoever. I would not recommend purchasing this game. I will not buy into anymore of lionhead's hype. Bethesda and Bioware ftw. Wait on Dragon Age 2 or Skyrim if you want a good fantasy rpg.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.