EA has failed me yet again.

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
michaeld20

EA has failed me yet again.

Post by michaeld20 » 29 Jul 2011, 15:08

EA has made my expectations of them go way below where it should be, Their customer support dropped me from live chat 2 times(keep in mind i was sitting in a queue for 2 hours each of those times) Then when I finally fixed one issue, When i'm getting transferred to support tier 2, I wait 4 hours watching the screen, and then the appointment gets canceled. TWICE! :x I did like the support I got that helped me though the situation. I personally do not like how they approach things in the live chat help. Sorry EA :roll:

P.S How do you fare with you usual customer service of a game? How is it?
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Re: EA has failed me yet again.

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 29 Jul 2011, 15:29

Recently, I tried looking for support for Men of War: Assault Squad (they use Gamespy for some suicidal reason). The links I found for Gamespy said they were no longer offering tech support.

For DigitalMindSoft, the developer and second place I tried, I made a thread in the tech support forum.

It was promptly deleted without response.

Way to lose a devoted customer, DMS.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 29 Jul 2011, 15:48

Aenir_bEPU wrote:Recently, I tried looking for support for Men of War: Assault Squad (they use Gamespy for some suicidal reason). The links I found for Gamespy said they were no longer offering tech support.

For DigitalMindSoft, the developer and second place I tried, I made a thread in the tech support forum.

It was promptly deleted without response.

Way to lose a devoted customer, DMS.
Great tech support!
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Jul 2011, 16:03

you see i use this thing called a Phone for my tech support. it works fine. ;)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 29 Jul 2011, 16:04

vallorn wrote:you see i use this thing called a Phone for my tech support. it works fine. ;)
I hear they have great elevator music.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 29 Jul 2011, 16:34

Aenir_bEPU wrote:
vallorn wrote:you see i use this thing called a Phone for my tech support. it works fine. ;)
I hear they have great elevator music.
Yeah, Thats why

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 29 Jul 2011, 17:01

Customer service? Hah!

Everyone knows they just want you to go away.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 29 Jul 2011, 17:09

The Bum wrote:Customer service? Hah!

Everyone knows they just want you to go away.
xD

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 29 Jul 2011, 17:27

I spent 4 hours with EA support talking about BFBC2 Servers and they just ended up giving me 20 bucks. Not the best support department.
I Serve Escapia

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 30 Jul 2011, 01:57

nart_21086 wrote:I spent 4 hours with EA support talking about BFBC2 Servers and they just ended up giving me 20 bucks. Not the best support department.
Free money? I wish i got that

nart_21086
Retired

Post by nart_21086 » 30 Jul 2011, 02:08

Well, my case was legitimate: EA was neglecting their server upkeep. It helped that I was civil and sincere. It was excruciating, and I informed them so.

I then used that money (EA credit) to buy Army of Two: the 40th day, which also has terrible server upkeep.
I Serve Escapia

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 31 Jul 2011, 14:02

I've never had any issues with the BFBC2 servers.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

random980

Post by random980 » 01 Aug 2011, 06:02

HP computers. There customer service is shit. We payed for my laptop to have an 'urgent' status. It takes over 2 and a half weeks to arrive back.
The hardware that was replaced brakes AGAIN wiping windows, AGAIN.
Send it back for the 2nd time. HP demand we give them the receipt as proof of purchase this time. Pay for 'Urgent' status, gets fixed in 3 and a half weeks with the receipt MISSING. Forced to pick it up from Box Hill (Country suburb, more than an hours drive) after they 'claim' someone went to deliver it but no one answered. (This is bullshit as my dad was home all day). Guess what!? the same piece of hardware wipes windows yet again and brakes yet AGAIN. Send it back for a 3rd time (without urgent status).

During this time im pissed and buy a new Toshiba laptop. After just more than a month the screen light in that brakes, send that to be fixed (no urgent status) The Toshiba laptop is fixed in 2 weeks with constant updates through out those weeks. Laptop gets DELIVERED. Next day the old HP laptop shows up, this is over 2 months later for HP with no warning.
HP can not replace hardware or handle customer service if their life depended on it. If you have a HP product, replace it NAOW or hope to god it never brakes. Ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 02 Aug 2011, 00:34

random980 wrote:HP computers. There customer service is shit. We payed for my laptop to have an 'urgent' status. It takes over 2 and a half weeks to arrive back.
The hardware that was replaced brakes AGAIN wiping windows, AGAIN.
Send it back for the 2nd time. HP demand we give them the receipt as proof of purchase this time. Pay for 'Urgent' status, gets fixed in 3 and a half weeks with the receipt MISSING. Forced to pick it up from Box Hill (Country suburb, more than an hours drive) after they 'claim' someone went to deliver it but no one answered. (This is bullshit as my dad was home all day). Guess what!? the same piece of hardware wipes windows yet again and brakes yet AGAIN. Send it back for a 3rd time (without urgent status).

During this time im pissed and buy a new Toshiba laptop. After just more than a month the screen light in that brakes, send that to be fixed (no urgent status) The Toshiba laptop is fixed in 2 weeks with constant updates through out those weeks. Laptop gets DELIVERED. Next day the old HP laptop shows up, this is over 2 months later for HP with no warning.
HP can not replace hardware or handle customer service if their life depended on it. If you have a HP product, replace it NAOW or hope to god it never brakes. Ever.
lolhp
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 02 Aug 2011, 16:52

*slowly pushes his HP products out of sight*

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 Aug 2011, 17:33

despite knowing for years about a fault in all their hardware pertaining to Hibernate functions Dell still havent done anything about it... :x

also **** Intel Inset Wireless Pro (WiFi Adapter built into my laptop)...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick