Skyrim Bi***es :D

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
XDelphi

Re: Skyrim Bi***es :D

Post by XDelphi » 10 Dec 2011, 13:26

I don't know how to feel about it, on the one hand it has brilliant gameplay and I want to play it, and yet it really gets on my nerves. I find myself congratulating it when it works as it should, akin to "Congratulations on letting me play you for once, Skyrim!". That shouldn't have to be the case, but it is. The glitches, (And while I usually overlook the many small ones like character figures messing up etc.) are really irritating; a common glitch I experience is where my sound dissapears until I restart the game, or the scene sets start flashing gray. Although while I can live with these, it is the really game-breaking ones that put me in two minds about it. I got stuck in an area due to a glitch and physically couldn't get out, at all. I had to reload a save that took me back ten hours of gameplay. Then there are the small quests that break. One of them I had to walk in to a house to find someone murdered by the guards (I won't disclose the quest or who is killed due to spoilers) and I was supposed to enter a diologue with them. This didn't happen, instead they reprimanded me for my bounty of 14 gold, and when persuaded to piss off, did so with great eagerness, leaving the quest undoable to rot in my 'Quest' menu.

I can only hope for Bethesda to release patches for these really debilitating glitches, although their lack of diligence and testing in the first place leads me to a conclusion that they are the RPG developer version of Infinity Ward, and we have been sold a beta for the sum of £49.99
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 10 Dec 2011, 13:27

With Skyrim they said they can patch the PC game in no time at all (When they make the update)
However due to how the consoles work... and by how they work I mean how Microsoft and Sony tell game companies how they want things done, it take a bit for that patch to get to the console.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Dec 2011, 13:55

In my opinion, if you do not buy Skyrim for PC, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to bugs. In PC you have console which helps a bunch when you're stuck or something horrid happens to an NPC that's gone missing or something of the likes.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 10 Dec 2011, 18:48

Wildwill002 wrote:Small point I'd like to make... If you dont like Skyrim or Bethesda then why post in a thread discussing Skyrim?
That's like saying if you don't like someone in an election you're not allowed to vote. You can't exclude opinions just because they don't match your own. Everyone's free talk about how they personally feel about the game. If only people who liked it posted then you'd have one post saying its a great game and a few others agreeing and that's be that. We wouldn't be able to have this stimulating discussion over different opinions.

But along what Delphi and Afly were saying, one thing we can agree on is that this game (AS WELL as every other) have flaws that could get better but what's different is to the extent it gets on our nerves. Yes the game is acceptable and it is reasonably able to be played. I'm just saying for me personally it's noth worth the glitches.
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Quotes from cool people I've met over the years:
sobamushi "Maykxor your avatar makes me wanna dance ._.! "
MissKatieKillU: "WHAT THE F***ING F*** IS GOING ON IN MY F***ING ROLEPLAY?"
"I think you may have problems, my friend."
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 10 Dec 2011, 18:55

Skyrim for £20 and extra points on my loyalty card but apparently I need a 18+ ID thing for a 15 game! Got it anyway :D thanks Gamestation

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 10 Dec 2011, 19:08

Since Morrowind was brought up I thought I'd share my opinion on that game. I think Morrowind had the best environment and lore of all of the ES games. It differentiated itself from the cliche fantasy setting more than Oblivion and Skyrim. The only real issue I had with Morrowind was the combat, since you missed 90% of the time and did no damage at the beginning of the game.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Dec 2011, 19:12

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Since Morrowind was brought up I thought I'd share my opinion on that game. I think Morrowind had the best environment and lore of all of the ES games. It differentiated itself from the cliche fantasy setting more than Oblivion and Skyrim. The only real issue I had with Morrowind was the combat, since you missed 90% of the time and did no damage at the beginning of the game.
ah, nostalgia thinking about it.

Then in later levels you got over powered ;-D

I remember making my own spells and glitching soul trap with things I made. How fun <3

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 11 Dec 2011, 03:23

Iron_Fang wrote:Skyrim for £20 and extra points on my loyalty card but apparently I need a 18+ ID thing for a 15 game! Got it anyway :D thanks Gamestation
That's really weirding me out...

Skyrim 50% off after less than a month? This is blasphemy, this is madness...
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 11 Dec 2011, 06:05

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Elven Light armour obtained when
Spoiler! :
you sneak into the Thalamor Embassy and collect information- you get the armour off the guards
and normal Elven Armour?
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 11 Dec 2011, 06:26

MrJKapowey wrote:
Iron_Fang wrote:Skyrim for £20 and extra points on my loyalty card but apparently I need a 18+ ID thing for a 15 game! Got it anyway :D thanks Gamestation
That's really weirding me out...

Skyrim 50% off after less than a month? This is blasphemy, this is madness...
In Argos it's £44.99, but, then again, they are selling Halo: Anniversary for the same.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Dec 2011, 07:18

TyreseEngineer wrote:Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Elven Light armour obtained when
Spoiler! :
you sneak into the Thalamor Embassy and collect information- you get the armour off the guards
and normal Elven Armour?
I wouldn't have thought so. Armor is armor. The only differences come from your own light/heavy armor skill, and your smithing skill when improving it.
Unless you mean Thalmor robes from the casters. Those offer no armor rating, but have fortify destruction enchanted on them.

I just finished that mission myself with my second character. Used it as an opportunity to fill up all my black soul gems on the guards.

By the way is there a good way to level up alchemy? I've been buying up ingredients in mass, crafting all the potions I can, and selling them back. But it's going very slowly. I've heard you getting more experience from crafting more valuable potions though.
The staff here are all trolls

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 11 Dec 2011, 08:09

Basically the more effects a potion has the more exp you get. Full 4 effect potions give you 2x the normal potion exp. The strength does affect it too i think. I spent ages getting it to 100 just to make the perfect poison.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 11 Dec 2011, 10:40

So, what's you guy's fighting style?

Sword and board? Hit it with a big stick? Make it a pincushion? Magic?

I personally use two swords, currently (due to the time I've spent on BF3) I'm only lvl 7 so I'm (strangely) using Orcish Long Swords with an optional Greatsword in case sh*t goes down...
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Dec 2011, 10:41

TyreseEngineer wrote:Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Elven Light armour obtained when
Spoiler! :
and normal Elven Armour?
The difference is that the Thalmor armor is called *Light* Elven armor, is lighter, and offers slightly less defense. The chest piece is also missing the shoulder armor for the looks of it.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Dec 2011, 10:58

MrJKapowey wrote:So, what's you guy's fighting style?

Sword and board? Hit it with a big stick? Make it a pincushion? Magic?

I personally use two swords, currently (due to the time I've spent on BF3) I'm only lvl 7 so I'm (strangely) using Orcish Long Swords with an optional Greatsword in case sh*t goes down...
Armored mage at present. But I'm thinking of switching to stealth. My enchanted boots mean that I'm already unintentionally sneaking up on people, I might as well get some bonus damage out of it. Muffle is ridiculously effective. I walked right up to a Bandit Chief in broad daylight this morning and tried to talk to him before realizing he was an enemy. I wasn't even in sneak mode. Throw in invisibility and a few other magic based perks and I think the hybrid could be very effective.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 11 Dec 2011, 14:34

I charge in head first with my homemade legendary daedric swords, Lifecrush and Freezerburn. One sucks out your soul and heals me, the other burns you and freezes you at the same time. Oh and if i feel stealthy, I use Mehrunes razor with the 15x stealth damage. I managed to hit a dragon with it once! 1 hit kill without using up its charge!
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 11 Dec 2011, 14:50

A variety of enchanted swords and daggers with a good mix of spells means that the mighty Grumlore Sallow-Eyes, Champion of Skyrim, wins every battle.

.. yeah.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 11 Dec 2011, 16:18

Once I manage to get the game I'll probably go dual daggers and a bow. I like being stealthy. I wonder if glass armor looks badass again...
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 11 Dec 2011, 16:22

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Once I manage to get the game I'll probably go dual daggers and a bow. I like being stealthy. I wonder if glass armor looks badass again...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 11 Dec 2011, 16:27

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Once I manage to get the game I'll probably go dual daggers and a bow. I like being stealthy. I wonder if glass armor looks badass again...
Going stealthy, use the nightingale armour makes being stealthy easy and looks badass only have to commit to servitude to nocturnal to get it.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Dec 2011, 16:32

andy25100 wrote:
Going stealthy, use the nightingale armour makes being stealthy easy and looks badass only have to commit to servitude to nocturnal to get it.
If you want to play stealthy, do Dark Brotherhood quests for best stealth armor. Nightengale's only good for Picking doors and Pickpocketing.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Dec 2011, 16:35

That's something I don't get; since there's a perk that completely removes the weight of heavy armor, and an enchantment that completely removes the sound of your footsteps, what incentive is there to choose light armor over heavy? Surely you're just getting less defense?

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 11 Dec 2011, 16:36

Jake55778 wrote:That's something I don't get; since there's a perk that completely removes the weight of heavy armor, and an enchantment that completely removes the sound of your footsteps, what incentive is there to choose light armor over heavy? Surely you're just getting less defense?
Because why bother sneaking if you're going to take damage? ;)

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Dec 2011, 16:44

Jake55778 wrote:That's something I don't get; since there's a perk that completely removes the weight of heavy armor, and an enchantment that completely removes the sound of your footsteps, what incentive is there to choose light armor over heavy? Surely you're just getting less defense?

Simple, Light armor will give you the 50% stamina regen increase perk.

Heavy armor gives you the reduction in damage when you fall.

If you don't invest points in any of the two, it's just extra weight that I don't need... plus I think armor's just a waste of perk points for someone like me.

Also, I go robe when I sneak. Godavari has a point that I follow. I invest all of my points in Magicka. I havent put any points in stamina or health because #1) If Im stealthy, I do not need health because I shouldn't be getting hit in the first place and #2) I don't need stamina because... well... I'm not the one running away ;)

I'm a High Elf Vampire Illusionist/Stealth... I haven't met anything that saw me and then had time to even swing their blades before I slit their throats. Not even a dragon...

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Dec 2011, 16:58

Zinrius wrote:

If you don't invest points in any of the two, it's just extra weight that I don't need... plus I think armor's just a waste of perk points for someone like me.

Also, I go robe when I sneak. Godavari has a point that I follow. I invest all of my points in Magicka. I havent put any points in stamina or health because #1) If Im stealthy, I do not need health because I shouldn't be getting hit in the first place and #2) I don't need stamina because... well... I'm not the one running away ;)

I'm a High Elf Vampire Illusionist/Stealth... I haven't met anything that saw me and then had time to even swing their blades before I slit their throats. Not even a dragon...
I put all my level up points into magicka with my first character. But the only schools I really used were conjuration and destruction. So when I realized you can negate magicka use entirely for certain schools through enchanting all that magicka became worthless.

Now I put it into health instead. Sure I could freeze time and blast a dragon out of the sky before it's even landed, but sometimes it's more fun to watch them impotently chip away at your life bar while slowly finishing them off with a dagger and a one handed skill of 34.

When I challenged Uthgerd the unbroken she was doing so little damage with her punches my natural regeneration was outhealing her.

Plus it's always fun to be able to just walk through traps without giving a damn.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Dec 2011, 17:11

Jake55778 wrote:
Zinrius wrote:

I put all my level up points into magicka with my first character. But the only schools I really used were conjuration and destruction. So when I realized you can negate magicka use entirely for certain schools through enchanting all that magicka became worthless.

Now I put it into health instead. Sure I could freeze time and blast a dragon out of the sky before it's even landed, but sometimes it's more fun to watch them impotently chip away at your life bar while slowly finishing them off with a dagger and a one handed skill of 34.

When I challenged Uthgerd the unbroken she was doing so little damage with her punches my natural regeneration was outhealing her.

Plus it's always fun to be able to just walk through traps without giving a damn.
Well let me tell you mister, Magicka negating effects are a waste of Enchantments for some play-styles. Atleast for me since I don't need it because, ofcourse, I have the magicka to cast what I need. I can do way better things with my armor enchantment slots like increasing my weapon damage, making me immune to elements, stealth or enhancing other things I cannot with stat points.

But of course if you need magicka negate enchants because the rest of you is perfectly fine then go for it, but don't say magicka is useless, there's many ways to play, nothing's null. :) FYI, on the stealth tree it allows me to not trigger traps. ;)

Bottom line, it's all a matter of taste. You like shrugging out damage and bashing heads, I like avoiding damage and slithing throats while their helpless to my calming spells.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Dec 2011, 17:24

Zinrius wrote: Bottom line, it's all a matter of taste.
Agreed.

New game. Favorite shout(s)?

For me it's tie between time freeze and ice form.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Dec 2011, 17:32

Jake55778 wrote:
Zinrius wrote: Bottom line, it's all a matter of taste.
Agreed.

New game. Favorite shout(s)?

For me it's tie between time freeze and ice form.
Ethereal Form and Elemental Fury <3

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 11 Dec 2011, 17:47

Unrelenting Force.

Bitches love getting shouted into walls.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 11 Dec 2011, 17:58

Mine unrelenting force and marked for death I have all 3 words to it and it completely destroys enemy armour.
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey