Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Hytro
Retired

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by Hytro » 25 Jan 2014, 08:48

Kingdome Come: Deliverance
"Realistic single-player RPG set in the medieval Europe. Open-world sandbox with period accurate melee combat. Dungeons & no Dragons."

This game as been in production for 2 years now, and they just started a Kickstarter for £300.000 that they already have reached and it just keeps going. This kickstarter is made because a deal made with their Investors, if they reached that goal, they would found the rest of the game.

The ones making his game is Warhorse Studios, with a team of people from other big games so they all have experience.

I for one thinks this game looks amazing, and they have put up some great stretch goals, so go check it out!
Release date: Q4, 2015.
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

BlackKnight
Puzzle Master

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by BlackKnight » 25 Jan 2014, 09:15

Wow, this looks awesome.
"the freedom and game mechanics of Skyrim, the story telling of The Witcher, the setting of Mount & Blade and the tough combat of Dark Souls" and "tv shows like Game of Thrones and Vikings or movies like Braveheart".
That's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a game.
"Maybe God or fate or nature or random chance put your life on hard mode... Who gives a shit... Beat the game anyway" ~Boogie2988

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 25 Jan 2014, 10:15

That does look pretty great! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this one now.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 25 Jan 2014, 18:11

The combat and weapon stuff is truthfully what has got me captivated with this, looks very polished and more realistic than most of the stuff out there. And they have a sponsor who can pay for the entire production easily, so the kickstarter is just to convince their sponsor that there is enough interest in the game, which there is so hell yeah :)
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Jan 2014, 18:25

I don't really get the Acts stuff. Is each act meant to be a full game in itself? Getting all three costs a decent amount while you'd only get the first for the usual price the finished product is given on KS.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 25 Jan 2014, 18:58

They say that Act I will have a complete story and in itself will be a finished, fully fledged game but that II and III will extend the story and add new items, separate maps (so like Dragonborn for Skyrim), and new quests. So overall, it looks like II and III will basically be very large DLC.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Jan 2014, 20:37

Ah right, it does seem pretty cool at any rate.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 13 Feb 2014, 18:49

They are now up to 735k £, which equates to around 1,224,000 US $, on kickstarter and they have been posting dev videos explaining the game. They are going to be doing motion capture for animation and will have a live orchestra record the soundtrack, among other things that they have decided to do. It's seriously starting to look like it could turn out to be an insanely good game!