Section 8: Prejudice!

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Korten

Section 8: Prejudice!

Post by Korten » 03 May 2011, 21:48

Anyone getting it on Steam? It comes out tomorrow and seems like it will be a lot of fun!

My Steam is Korten12 if you wish to play. :D

Byroe

Re: Section 8: Prejudice!

Post by Byroe » 03 May 2011, 23:13

DO NOT GET IT IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!
I made the mistake of getting the first game.... it was awful! the worst game i have ever played.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 04 May 2011, 09:59

Byroe wrote:DO NOT GET IT IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!
I made the mistake of getting the first game.... it was awful! the worst game i have ever played.
Lies. The first game was F*cking awesome. Yeah, it had an awful campaign, and meh graphics, but the whole spawn base-drop thing they have going on is completely innovitave.
"But Delphi, they are only copying ODST" I hear you screech at me through your limited edition Spartan III helmet.
While that is partly true, ODST didn't allow you to phsically control the decent, or your spawn point using the system.
Plus, the first one was cheap. All round, I enjoyed the first game. I may get the second one as a) They have (Hopefully) improved on the bad points of the first one and b) It is reasonably priced and is available on the Xbox 360.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 04 May 2011, 12:10

XDelphi wrote:
Lies. The first game was F*cking awesome. Yeah, it had an awful campaign, and meh graphics, but the whole spawn base-drop thing they have going on is completely innovitave.
"But Delphi, they are only copying ODST" I hear you screech at me through your limited edition Spartan III helmet.
While that is partly true, ODST didn't allow you to phsically control the decent, or your spawn point using the system.
Plus, the first one was cheap. All round, I enjoyed the first game. I may get the second one as a) They have (Hopefully) improved on the bad points of the first one and b) It is reasonably priced and is available on the Xbox 360.
Now I haven't played those games yet but that sounds something very familiar to what they had going on in Battlefield 2142. You could spawn in drop pods and direct your movement until you landed.

supagama

Post by supagama » 04 May 2011, 13:45

XDelphi wrote:
Delphi is right again, plus, they found a way to balance all the guns, if you have any arguments against me, please tell it to the end of my siphon knife.

Korten

Post by Korten » 04 May 2011, 14:14

XDelphi wrote:
I also loved the first game on ps3, and played the beta for this on PC. :)

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 09 May 2011, 07:26

Got the game on Steam. After a few hours I must say it's a pretty solid game. Very enjoyable.

I would recommend it. You get a lot for only $15.

What makes it stand out from similar games like it is just how customizable your soldier is. You can literally customize him to whichever play style you enjoy most.

My Loadout is:
CQC + Anti-Armor
Shotgun (Incendiary shot)
Rocket Launcher (Anti Armor)

Incendiary Grenades
Jammer Beacon (Hides you on radar)

Stealth Armor

Perks
Toungston Rounds - 4
Gyros - 4
Reflective Coating - 2

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 09 May 2011, 08:12

Explosives, fire and invisibility? did you just duplicate the commonly used Mod powers?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 09 May 2011, 13:22

Homefront sounds like this game, crappy campaign, very awesome everything.
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Korten

Post by Korten » 13 May 2011, 20:52

Sir_Luke wrote:Homefront sounds like this game, crappy campaign, very awesome everything.
except Homefront is $60 while this $15. :D

Also the armor designs are imo, some of the best i've ever seen.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 13 May 2011, 21:42

For $15, you can't go wrong.

This has some very solid multiplayer in it. I can't even be bothered to play the campaign.

Korten

Post by Korten » 15 May 2011, 00:19

SneakyPie wrote:For $15, you can't go wrong.

This has some very solid multiplayer in it. I can't even be bothered to play the campaign.
lol.

Also I discovered that the Slug Pistol, is probably one of the best guns in the game. Is the eqivelant to the godly Halo 1 Pistol.