Dragon Age 2

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
jagorrax
Retired

Dragon Age 2

Post by jagorrax » 10 Mar 2011, 12:53

Dragon Age 2 is pretty cool guy.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Dragon Age 2

Post by SneakyPie » 10 Mar 2011, 13:49

jagorrax wrote:Dragon Age 2 is pretty cool guy.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 10 Mar 2011, 14:02

I played the demo, said to myself "Oh god, it's WoW." and stopped playing.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 10 Mar 2011, 22:50

This game is driving me crazy. The game spans over a period of ten years. Unlike in origins, your decisions do not lead to any good outcomes. All outcomes to misions intertwine and nothing has turned out the way I wanted. The game forces you to make black and white decisions when the there is such a massive grey area. I have yet to find any peaceful ways to settle anything in this game as things later come to bite you in the ass. Unlike ME2 or origins, I really don't think there is a way to "save everyone" and have the perfect ending. I am not sure how I feel about this. Working for the perfect ending is what keeps me playing these kinds of games. If anyone else has this game, please post a formula to keep all your party members when the time comes to make that 'big decision', if you have found a way. I am restarting from the first act losing 6 ingame years since I couldn't handle what the plot did to me.
I can only hope one of you out there actually has the game and is a bioware nerd like myself.
Furd, the demo does not do the game justice.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 11 Mar 2011, 17:52

Jag its nearly impossibly the formula is nearly FIXED to let the story like that like for example... Call of duty 4
if you have not beaten the captain price when he was younger with captain macmillan then dont read the spoiler or if your never going to buy it...
Spoiler! :
When you aim at zakhaev and attempt to shoot him in the head the bullet it always CURVES that is the only time in cod it curves... EVER
Therefore (if you read above) it is a scripted event. now in a bioware type game they use that technique to start the story to fall i can explain more just ask
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 14 Apr 2011, 01:53

Haven't finished it yet...
Spoiler! :
I've loved the story-telling a lot, but there's one thing that made me cringe, it felt that painful to me, with that quest for Anders. "The Tranquil Solution" and the "Mage Question". Such a subtle reference to real events.