Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Review games here.
cam4vols

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Post by cam4vols » 14 Dec 2012, 09:16

Give your review's wanna see if its a good gam. I already know that I am getting it for Christmas just wanna hear what y'all got to say bout it
"I don't read books I read minds" - cam4vols

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 14 Dec 2012, 09:20

Probably a good start that I've never heard of it ever then.

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Post by haxxorzd00d » 14 Dec 2012, 09:35

If you're a Playstation fan I think you'll enjoy it. Just don't go into it thinking it's Smash Bros. because you'll be disappointed. It plays quite differently from SSB, but in a good way.

The fighting mechanics are solid - a bit more technical than Smash, more like Marvel vs Capcom - and the Super system, while not for everyone, works really well once you get used to it. There's not many modes, but lots of things to unlock for each character - intros, outros, taunts, victory music, costumes, etc. The online works pretty well, unlike Brawl, but it's best played with friends in the same room. Personally, I think the "kill count" battle type is far more fun than the standard timed mode, as it's more tense and exciting.

Overall, I think it's a great game and well worth a purchase if you like the idea of Sackboy beating the snot out of Kratos. It's even better value if you have a Vita, as you get that version free with it.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:Probably a good start that I've never heard of it ever then.
Not an IGN reader, Lord?