Major League Baseball 10-11 The Show.

Review games here.
michaeld20

Major League Baseball 10-11 The Show.

Post by michaeld20 » 23 Oct 2011, 21:32

Today, I will be reviewing the 2 most recent MLB:The Show games, Though I will focus slightly more on 2011

BREAKDOWN
MLB 10 & 11 The show are basically the same, But a few decent game improving bug fixes and a few changes to the game modes. Which I will go through next. These two games have some of the most incredible graphics I have ever had the pleasures of viewing, I am completely obsessed with it(Vallorn would prob. notice.)

Major Game Modes
These are the game modes more frequently played, I also include ones I use more often.

Exhibition: This game-mode is really just for a single game, Never really explored it too deeply in either game, In 2011 though, There was an option of Co-Op And I had played around with it a few times and it was DECENT at most.

Road To The Show: Road to the show is a game-mode where you create a legacy player and try and make it big in the Major Leagues(Also known as the show) You work your way up from AA To AAA And finally to the MLB. This was quite easy to achieve once you got the hang of it in 2010, But 2011 is a different story, It is living HELL To even advance to AAA. This mode is just amazingly fun to play, I have noticed a few minor glitches such as a AAA pitcher who only throws 4 Seam FastBalls(as in his whole repertoire is 5 fastballs) And another where there was a unknown pitch thrown at 53 MPH... Not achievable by even the knuckleball which is one of the slowest thrown pitches.

Franchise: This is by far the most fun for me, Creating a dream team with the fantasy draft, Or turning the worst team in baseball into world champions, Or just continuing a legacy such as the yankees. There are a few things that might interest people, One may be the fact that this is almost a financial simulator with effective marketing and such. The one thing that makes me slightly angry about a few teams are the fact that some players are horribly underrated just because their most recent season was bad, Examples include Russell Martin and Chase Utley, This does not bother me more than the fact that the teams with more money apparently have no minor league potential C or above players... And if they do, They end up being crap in the end.

OverView My final consensus for MLB 10 & 11 The shows are they are both great games, They have their moments at the plate, But sometimes they just cant get the bat on the ball with certain concepts but I would just about recommend this to any PS3 owner who even has the least interest in baseball.

Score: MLB 10 89/100
MLB 11 98/100
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

aflycon
Retired

Re: Major League Baseball 10-11 The Show.

Post by aflycon » 24 Oct 2011, 17:53

Every sports game ever produced has been exactly the same. Their scores range from 5.5 to 8 out of ten and I've never seen one that's genuinely good. I don't see the point in continuing to waste money on producing and marketing these games if a) they don't sell well b) they're all increasingly buggier iterations of the same game c) they're poorly engineered or d) all of the above.

/opinion

What do you have to say to this, sir? .-.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 24 Oct 2011, 23:07

The only sports games I've ever liked are the ones that don't follow the rules, or realism, to a tee.

NHL Hitz was quite fun, and I thouroghly enjoyed having my team of armored panther anthros kicking the **** out of the Red Wings.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

OptimusHagrid
Retired

Post by OptimusHagrid » 25 Oct 2011, 06:14

aflycon wrote:I've never seen one that's genuinely good.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 25 Oct 2011, 08:29

Well, I stand corrected. John Madden Football 1992 must have been the greatest game of all time.