Dungeons of Dredmor - My little review

Review games here.
Zinrius
Retired

Dungeons of Dredmor - My little review

Post by Zinrius » 16 Jul 2011, 18:12

DUNGEONS OF DREDMOR!

And here I thought Terraria was a hard game (Of course, terraria then gets easy when you have godly items) Dungeons of Dredmor brings new meaning to the world of Dungeon Survival by mixing elements of RPG/Adventure/-horror/survival with the infamous Perma-Death penalty. The game is based on a “trial and error” that depends on your personal hands-on experience you receive from dying over and over and over again. What can you expect from a game in which its goal is to kill you?

Before you begin the game, you are prompted to “make a build” by selecting 7 out of a vaerity of 20+ interesting and some whacky skills giving this game a high replay value as you fail and combine new skills together to fit your play-style. After you’ve created your build you start the game inside a randomly generated dungeon (adding to the games replay value) inside a safe zone… of course I’ve been unlucky enough to actually spawn surrounded by traps and monsters.

What’s the goal of the game? You are the hero here to stop an evil deity from rising up to the surface, but of course, on your quest to defeat this deity you must face hordes of vicious and captivating monsters that give you no chance whatsoever to catch your breath once encountered (unless you don't move, the game is turn based after all, 1 move = enemies moving once on the game grid )

My experience with Dungeons of Dredmor has been nothing but frustrating; but frustrating in a good way! It’s the kind of game that makes you want to experiment with the build system so you can OWN IT and show it who’s boss because you’re to stubborn to admit you suck.

Did I mention perma-death? That’s right! Die once and that’s it; you start the game all over at level 1 ( which honestly, adds to the survival experience don’t’chathink ? )

The game’s 5.USD, highly recommend it if you want a challenge that’ll have you laughing from insanity after your level 50+ character who's fought powerful dragons, warlocks and demons victoriously dies from sipping some strange liquid you though was a mana potion.

( Not sure what the level-cap is yet, but you get my point ;) )

Game features:
-Make your own build from 7 out of 20+ unique skills that grow with each level
-RPG Equipment window
-RPG-like Turn based battle system
-Weapon/Armor/Potion crafting system
-Dangerous and challenging environment, 1 wrong move = doom
-Random shops to buy/sell things
-Large array of items and monsters
-Die once = FFUUUUUU!!!

Get Dungeons of Dredmor at Steam now!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/98800/
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: Dungeons of Dredmore - My little review

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 16 Jul 2011, 22:17

Oh god, I think this is the game that would finally cause blackadder to go insane and destroy the universe.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE