Help with girls 0_o and depression :(

Need help or advice on things not related to Minecraft? Ask away here!
jayscoottey

Help with girls 0_o and depression :(

Post by jayscoottey » 28 Dec 2012, 03:12

Hey, I have a little dilema involving a certian girl. Keep in mind i am in 7th grade. So the problem is that I am not sure if I like this one girl, or just as a good friend. I talk to her everyday & school and on skype. I talk to her more than her boyfriend does but she loves him to death. I want to tell her that i like her because its middle school, rumors spread and she will find out eventually. I dont know why but i just love to talk to her, although i am not sure if its just thst were great friends. What should i tell her? And the last time I dated a girl I got my heart shattered and have been realy depressed since. I got over her but my got really shitty after that, I am just getting into cutting and i cry myself to sleep every night. I NEED HELP
Hi.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Help with girls 0_o and depression :(

Post by Invunarble » 28 Dec 2012, 03:35

Probably my first tip of advice to you would be not to physically cut yourself due to emotional issues. As aflycon once said in a certain thread that I can't seem to recall right now, physical harm is a permanent solution to temporary problems. Rest assured, your life will eventually turn around for the better, and issues such as girls won't be much of a relevant problem.

Secondly, while I similarly understand your "heartbroken" feeling from experience (I've been in two relationships so far, they are fucking absurdly difficult for me to upkeep) I found the best solution on my part is to leave things like that alone. Even though I'm not an expert on the proper methods to keep a relationship healthy or anything similar, I can tell you that in seventh grade, you have a lot of time ahead in your life to deal with girl drama. Don't rush it.

The opportunity will present itself to you eventually, you don't need to chase after it to such a degree. Eventually, the right person will appear to you, don't emotionally take yourself down to such a level where you need to hurt yourself to feel relief. There's really no necessary need to let something as minor as one girl in grade 7 take such a horrible emotional effect on you.

Blah, what am I doing writing this at 3:00 AM anyways... :?
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

jayscoottey

Post by jayscoottey » 28 Dec 2012, 03:54

well first off im not exatly "cutting", i just pinch myself really really hard. and i know i shouldnt get involved in girl drama but just what should i say to this girl? should i just tell her that im not sure if i really like her?
Hi.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 28 Dec 2012, 04:46

Just remember that as a teenager you're viewing the world from a very limited perspective. Things that seem very important now will likely seem trivial in the future, & a doomed crush is nothing to be hurting yourself over. Try not to let your happiness hinge on this one girl.
The staff here are all trolls

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 28 Dec 2012, 08:45

As someone who self harmed for a long time, I'd like to suggest you try doing exercise instead; I tend to stick on some Slipknot and do pressups until I can't move instead, it's much healthier and seems to do pretty much the same thing.

Also, I don't think you should tell her how you feel. It sucks, but it would be a really bad idea. If, as you say, she really loves her boyfriend, then all you've done is make things awkward between the three of you. I don't mean to sound harsh but it doesn't really sound like you have much of a chance. Just because you profess your love for someone doesn't mean that they're going to feel the same, there's no one to blame for that. Besides, imagine if she left her boyfriend for you- think about what that's going to do to him.

If I were you, I would just try to forget about it. Find something to distract yourself with and throw yourself into it. If it's easier then try and have a little less contact with her.

It's something that can't be helped, it's not because there's anything wrong with you. You need to realise that your sense of self-worth shouldn't be tied to your success with relationships, otherwise they will screw you up really badly.
WWTDD

jayscoottey

Post by jayscoottey » 24 Apr 2013, 20:46

well i completely ignored all this but thanks anyways! i was really really sad but now i got her and were in love. yes im in 7th grade there a problem??? well thanks anywayas!
Hi.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 24 Apr 2013, 20:56

jayscoottey wrote:well i completely ignored all this
lol
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 25 Apr 2013, 01:38

Jake55778 wrote:Just remember that as a teenager you're viewing the world from a very limited perspective. Things that seem very important now will likely seem trivial in the future, & a doomed crush is nothing to be hurting yourself over. Try not to let your happiness hinge on this one girl.
Where was that advice for me back in the day.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 25 Apr 2013, 06:38

jayscoottey wrote:now i got her and were in love.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 25 Apr 2013, 09:24

This is the last time I write a four paragraph reply to a thread that I only read the title of.
WWTDD

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 04 Jun 2013, 03:53

SMWasder wrote:This is the last time I write a four paragraph reply to a thread that I only read the title of.
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop looking at your avatar.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 04 Jun 2013, 06:13

Skunk_Giant wrote:
SMWasder wrote:This is the last time I write a four paragraph reply to a thread that I only read the title of.
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop looking at your avatar.
Broken Dwight wants your soul.
WWTDD