Closed

Need help or advice on things not related to Minecraft? Ask away here!
Krye

Closed

Post by Krye » 05 Mar 2012, 09:13

Closed
Last edited by Krye on 17 Aug 2012, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Cost of University

Post by SneakyPie » 05 Mar 2012, 09:26

First, your friend and his wife are idiots. They're off to a good financial start with their credit rating.

Second, I think it will be cheaper in the long run getting a car and insurance. Apartments, or houses, can be pretty expensive even with roommates. Living with your grandparents sounds like a better deal, plus you get those precious home-cooked meals prepared by Grandma.

Financial Aid policies can vary wildly between schools, so I think your best bet is to just deal with the wait at the Financial Aid office. Loans aren't exactly that difficult to get, and do everything you can to get unsubsidized loans. Just know that with every loan you will have to pay back, so only take what you absolutely need.

I'm pretty jealous of your school costs, it cost me about $30k a year for my school. Thankfully, my parents saved up way back when.

Rock Beefchest
Site Contributor

Re: Cost of University

Post by Rock Beefchest » 25 Apr 2012, 14:10

What are your grades like? You could go the route I did and join the military have them pay for your school then bounce after your manditory committment. By joining the navy I was able to get a doctorate with only having to finance one year of my education myself. The average debt for a person with my degree is in excess of 150K and I got by with 10% of that. Plus, it kinda forces you to grow up a bit and develops work ethic.