Car insurance and buying a car.

Need help or advice on things not related to Minecraft? Ask away here!
KaosuHamoni

Re: Car insurance and buying a car.

Post by KaosuHamoni » 17 Jun 2011, 19:22

If I could direct your attention to this beauty.
LAND-ROVER-Defender-90-Tdi--1996-1998-.jpg
This car, is a Land Rover Defender Ninety, is built like a tank, and, should you crash it, you will be safe

A decent one, from about '95, will run you about £5000, but, before that price puts you off, let me explain why I'm suggesting you get one of these.

1. Again, you will be safe. I know someone, who was involved in a car accident, in her first car. The car was a typical cheap hatchback, an ordinary first car. It crumpled like a tin can, nearly killing her No crumple zones, no nothing. Cheap hatchbacks are bloody dangerous.

2. Provided you live in a rural area (like I do), you can get this on Young Farmer's Insurance. What you have payed for the car, you will save on the insurance.

3. We are on our second '90', purely because we upgraded from a 2.5 litre 1996, to a 3.5 litre Tdi 2004. These things last, even if you crash it. It's built like a brick on wheels. I've seen my stepdad drive it across fields to avoid traffic, knock into trees, and generally do things with it that would shatter the suspension, or write off any other normal car. Hell, the thing has so many battle-scars, yet still purrs like the day he bought it (The old one that is. We haven't had the new one that long, but wow, does it go)

4. They hold their value. You buy a Defender 90 for £5000, 5 years down the line, should you choose to sell it, you'll get £5000 for it. Hell, you might even get more. My Stepdad bought his old 90 for £1600, and he's now selling it for £4000.

I'm 16, and I'll be getting a Ninety. It's a great car, that will keep you safe, unlike most other pocket rockets out there, like your Fiet Punto's, and your VW Golf's. This thing is practically a monster truck compared to them, in terms of strength.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 17 Jun 2011, 19:26

KaosuHamoni wrote:-snip-
Damn that thing is ugly.

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 17 Jun 2011, 19:28

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Damn that thing is ugly.
Really? I quite like them...
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 17 Jun 2011, 19:39

Style over safety anytime. Damned modernists and their function over form...

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 18 Jun 2011, 06:25

ill stick to my VW bus :3

Hippies FTW!