Trinity of Heroes returns!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Trinity of Heroes returns!

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 12:00

The Heroes' Guild is recruiting! The guild's hit tough times recently, what with the recession and all, and we're in dire need of fresh blood. All we need you to do is sign on the dotted line below (no need to read the small print, it's all legal mumbo-jumbo and such) and give us your HERO NAME. Make it exciting! Something fantasy-esque, possibly with a fancy title. Something like... "Graham the Mundane"! No, wait. Not that. See, my imagination's rubbish. I'm sure you can think of something much better. Don't worry about picking one of our many hero classes, or getting yourself some equipment. Our official super-duper Hero Welcome Kit will take care of that in due time.

Team Super Happy Adventure Fun Time (SHAFT)! starring:
RobipodSupreme as Sqarkwad, Lord of Panthorn
Minnerthecat as Olrik Stonesplitter of the Dwarven Highlands
TyreseEngineer as Guy of Pinedell
"Come on, grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands!"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sqarkwad, Lord of Panthorn! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Ranger, you'll employ the devious tactics of a master huntsman to ensnare your prey. Take 'em down with arrows and shortswords, and don't forget to set some crafty traps!
==============================
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Olrik Stonesplitter of the Dwarven Highlands! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Barbarian, throw caution to the wind and go all out in a flurry of physical force and verbal abuse. Who needs armour when you have GIANT AXES?
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Guy of Pinedell! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Cleric, you'll bring light to the darkness and justice to hell-spawned foes! Heal your friends! Turn your enemies to dust! Generally be an effeminate weirdo! Isn't clericdom great?
Team StinvunIndusCommBotics! starring:
Sti Jo Lew as Sti, Hermit of the Forgotten Isles
Invunarble as Lord Bountmatten, First Earl of Zimbabwe
Spyboticsguy as himself
"Science and violence rhyme for a reason! Wait, do they even rhyme?"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sti, Hermit of the Forgotten Isles! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Bard, you'll create magic with music to aid your friends and entrance your enemies! You're also the Guild's best shot at winning Adventia's Got Talent!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Lord Bountmatten, First Earl of Zimbabwe! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Spellsword, imbue your weapons with divine energies to cause all manner of chaos! Flame sword? Thunder axe? ...Slightly damp boomerang? The choice is yours!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Spyboticsguy! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As an Artificer, create infernal machines and dastardly devices to wreak havoc upon your foes. Whether fashioning boulders into sentient golems or unleashing hordes of tiny magic robots, it's always a party with an Artificer around!
Team Triforce! starring:
Flux04 as Flux of the Owl Lands
Iron Fang as Wolf Lord Iron Fang of the Vlka Fenryka (Wolves of Fenris)
Andy25100 as Kate MacCaffrey, The Rabbit of Armitage
"So you need to get an owl, a wolf and a rabbit across a river..."
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Flux of the Owl Lands! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Paladin, you'll battle the forces of the darkness with heroic might! Charge headfirst into the fray atop your noble steed and cut your foes to ribbons!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Wolf Lord Iron Fang of the Vlka Fenryka (Wolves of Fenris)! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Druid, commune with nature to make Gaia's will your own. Command animal armies in battle, and even turn the elements themselves against your enemies!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Kate MacCaffrey, The Rabbit of Armitage! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Monk, your unarmed combat is second to none. Focus your mind to unleash your inner power with devastating techniques passed down through the ages!
Team Scum and Villainy! starring:
Aflycon as Macho Man Oughbel Savage
Shaunpat99 as Sir Rowan Kireviel
Random980 as goddamn Obscuro "The Miraculous" Ultimusbeard!
"Stop! You have violated the law! Pay the court a fine or- oh god, what are you doing to my organs!?"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Macho Man Oughbel Savage! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Sorcerer, you'll conjure up all manner of magicks to decimate the opposition. From scorching flames to howling winds, from summoning to mind control, the world is your spellbook.
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sir Rowan Kireviel! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Rogue, take your foes by surprise with stealth and cunning. You've got a sharp tongue, and even sharper blades.
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Obscuro "The Miraculous" Ultimusbeard! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Warrior, you need naught but your sword and shield (or just a big sword if you prefer offence) to make your point. Lead your party into combat with crushing blows and battle cries!
Interested in joining the ranks? We're now recruiting for teams 5 and 6, featuring exotic new character classes! (In other words, weird and wonderful bottom-of-the-barrel scrapings!)

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Re: Forum Game Experiment #2: Trinity of Heroes

Post by RobipodSupreme » 18 Jun 2013, 12:33

Sqarkwad, Lord of Panthorn
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 18 Jun 2013, 12:33

Aye! Olrik Stonesplitter of the Dwarven Highlands, reporting for duty!
Orange and white, but not quite right.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 18 Jun 2013, 12:38

Hi, is this the Heroes' Guild? I'm Guy of Pinedell. I heard you had places in your guild?
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 12:52

"Ah, how convenient! Just when I was looking for three heroes, look how many show up! You three will be perfect candidates for our latest experiment - uh, I mean, exciting adventure!

Now, normally we send brave warriors off on their own to slay dragons, save princesses and whatnot. They usually don't come back. We figure being all on their lonesome may be a little detrimental to their health. Then we tried some dynamic duos, but there was this whole "Odd Couple" vibe going on... it didn't go so well. But y'know what they say - THREE is the magic number, so guess what? You guys are... drumroll please... the Guild's first Trinity of Heroes!

You, yes, YOU, will band together to take on whatever godforsaken quests the good heroes turned down. Sqarkwad, Olrik and Guy, you'll need to decide on a kick-ass TEAM NAME amongst yourselves. If you can't come to an agreement I'll pick a suggestion at random.

Oh, and there's one more thing. You'll want to get yourselves some classes! Can't have you being all generic and unhelpful, now can we? I'm sure you want to be a noble paladin or a badass barbarian, or one of those creepy necromancer dudes. I get it, we've all had power fantasies at one time or another.

Weeeell... here's the thing. EVERYONE wants to be the cool guys. No-one ever wants to be the healer or the bard or the weird animal-talking druid guy. To be honest, that's probably why we lost so many of our tough guys - no support backin' 'em up, y'know what I mean? They think they can just rush in swinging their oversized swords at Grothnar the Impetious like oversized swords are going out of style. Guess what? They get smushed into paste because some virtuous do-gooder wasn't there to cast Finger of Resurrection or whatever.

So here's how we do things now. Your official fine-and-dandy Hero Welcome Kits come with classes packed in 'em. You get your class, and that's you. I don't care how much experience you've had as a ranger, if you're gonna be a paladin, you'll damn well be a paladin. No takesies backsies. It's a little fairer on the more... exotic classes, y'know? Anyway, you guys can pick yourselves a team name while I go prep your welcome kits and photocopy some certificates with your names on 'em so you can feel all important."

"Oh, and anyone else still interested? Feel free, we always need more dragon fodder."

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 18 Jun 2013, 12:56

Sti, Hermit of the Forgotten Isles, wishes to turn this Trinity into a quartet!
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 12:59

"Four? FOUR heroes!? Are you nuts! They say three's a crowd, let alone four. I can't even begin to imagine the dysfunction. No no no, that's not how we roll. Once we've seen our share of trios brutally murderlized by horrible monsters, we'll think about foursies. Until then, you'll have to wait for more suckers- I mean brave heroes to show up to make another team of three. Then we can totally have guild leaderboards and PvP duels and peeing contests! Wait, scratch that last one."

Also, on a more serious and much less entertaining note, the as yet undisclosed game mechanics are designed around teams of three.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 18 Jun 2013, 13:02

Well then, I shall stay back and play wonderful music for our heroes on my trusty electric triangle.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 18 Jun 2013, 13:51

Team Super Adventure Happy Fun Time, I think
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 18 Jun 2013, 14:17

Am I too late? I'd like to join :D My "name" is Lord Bountmatten, 1st Earl of Zimbabwe.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 14:39

"One can never be too late to take up arms and defend our fair realm against dragons and ogres and petty vandals spraying graffiti on the Guild walls- HEY! Stop that! Go on, shoo! Damn kids. Anyway, you'll have to wait for a third volunteer to form a Trinity with you and Sti. I suggest you start thinking up team names right away!"

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 18 Jun 2013, 14:40

StinvunInduscomms

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 18 Jun 2013, 14:57

"My name is Spyboticsguy. No fancy titles. I'm looking for employment and heard this was the place to stop by."

Flux04
Retired

Post by Flux04 » 18 Jun 2013, 15:48

Flux of the Owl Lands, Joins the fight! Avian Humanoid... Owl Warrior... Bird Lady.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 18 Jun 2013, 16:13

Wolf Lord Iron Fang of the Vlka Fenryka (Wolves of Fenris) and I shall join this quest with my hammer and shield to expand my saga!

andy25100
Retired

Re: Trinity of Heroes (team #3 needs one more member!)

Post by andy25100 » 18 Jun 2013, 16:25

I'll be Kate MacCaffrey, The Rabbit of Armitage.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Trinity of Heroes (signups are closed for now)

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 16:28

"Awright then, we got us three Trinities. Someone needs to run out to the storeroom and pick us up a new batch of welcome packs; we've only got enough for these three teams. Until we get some more stock, no new applicants."

"Team 2, you'll be inducted shortly. Team 3, where's your damn team name?"

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Trinity of Heroes (signups are closed for now)

Post by Iron_Fang » 18 Jun 2013, 16:34

Team Tri-force?

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Trinity of Heroes (signups are open for team #4)

Post by haxxorzd00d » 18 Jun 2013, 16:36

"Hey, I found some spare welcome packs behind the fridge - only enough for a fourth team though. First come, first served!"

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 19 Jun 2013, 03:15

Oughbel the Valiant-but-Somewhat-Cowardly steps forth to accept this great and foreboding challenge - to create a fourth team.

shaunpat99
Retired

Post by shaunpat99 » 19 Jun 2013, 11:32

Sir Rowan Kireviel has accepted the challenge and decided to join the fourth team!
Hey you, go check out the Escapecraft Youtube Channel!
"You can't just jetpack away from all your problems!"
But he totally could, and it was awesome.

random980

Post by random980 » 20 Jun 2013, 10:14

Obscuro "The Miraculous" Ultimusbeard! and his pet sparrow Lord Featherbutt Have decided to join this teeny tiny and hopefully booze filled adventure.
Grandmaster guru of all things confusing, unlikely, anything MANLY and facial hair. ("manly" to be pronounced in a loud, deep, grungy voice that's so testosterone filled that wenches people wet themselves upon hearing it.)

(also can the last trinity be bad guys? :D (if shaun and afly are ok with it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 20 Jun 2013, 10:58

Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 21 Jun 2013, 03:03

random980 wrote:(also can the last trinity be bad guys? :D (if shaun and afly are ok with it.)
I'll have to change my name to Macho Man Oughbel Savage, but I don't mind.

random980

Post by random980 » 21 Jun 2013, 09:34

I think you will like my new signature :P
aflycon wrote:
random980 wrote:(also can the last trinity be bad guys? :D (if shaun and afly are ok with it.)
I'll have to change my name to Macho Man Oughbel Savage, but I don't mind.
Yes, our characters shall be a Mischievous trio of all things Macho, Manly and <what ever word Shaun chooses> ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 24 Jun 2013, 07:02

"Alright then, we got us four trinities. I suppose I'll be handing out your welcome packs now! Let's take the first team's back and give 'em out again... for consistency, y'know? Anyway, here are your team lineups and randomly selected classes. You'd better hope you didn't get the Bard... geheheh!"

Team Super Happy Adventure Fun Time (SHAFT)! starring:
RobipodSupreme as Sqarkwad, Lord of Panthorn
Minnerthecat as Olrik Stonesplitter of the Dwarven Highlands
TyreseEngineer as Guy of Pinedell
"Come on, grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands!"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sqarkwad, Lord of Panthorn! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Ranger, you'll employ the devious tactics of a master huntsman to ensnare your prey. Take 'em down with arrows and shortswords, and don't forget to set some crafty traps!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Olrik Stonesplitter of the Dwarven Highlands! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Barbarian, throw caution to the wind and go all out in a flurry of physical force and verbal abuse. Who needs armour when you have GIANT AXES?
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Guy of Pinedell! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Cleric, you'll bring light to the darkness and justice to hell-spawned foes! Heal your friends! Turn your enemies to dust! Generally be an effeminate weirdo! Isn't clericdom great?
Team StinvunIndusCommBotics! starring:
Sti Jo Lew as Sti, Hermit of the Forgotten Isles
Invunarble as Lord Bountmatten, First Earl of Zimbabwe
Spyboticsguy as himself
"Science and violence rhyme for a reason! Wait, do they even rhyme?"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sti, Hermit of the Forgotten Isles! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Bard, you'll create magic with music to aid your friends and entrance your enemies! You're also the Guild's best shot at winning Adventia's Got Talent!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Lord Bountmatten, First Earl of Zimbabwe! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Spellsword, imbue your weapons with divine energies to cause all manner of chaos! Flame sword? Thunder axe? ...Slightly damp boomerang? The choice is yours!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Spyboticsguy! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As an Artificer, create infernal machines and dastardly devices to wreak havoc upon your foes. Whether fashioning boulders into sentient golems or unleashing hordes of tiny magic robots, it's always a party with an Artificer around!
Team Triforce! starring:
Flux04 as Flux of the Owl Lands
Iron Fang as Wolf Lord Iron Fang of the Vlka Fenryka (Wolves of Fenris)
Andy25100 as Kate MacCaffrey, The Rabbit of Armitage
"So you need to get an owl, a wolf and a rabbit across a river..."
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Flux of the Owl Lands! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Paladin, you'll battle the forces of the darkness with heroic might! Charge headfirst into the fray atop your noble steed and cut your foes to ribbons!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Wolf Lord Iron Fang of the Vlka Fenryka (Wolves of Fenris)! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Druid, commune with nature to make Gaia's will your own. Command animal armies in battle, and even turn the elements themselves against your enemies!
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Kate MacCaffrey, The Rabbit of Armitage! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Monk, your unarmed combat is second to none. Focus your mind to unleash your inner power with devastating techniques passed down through the ages!
Team Scum and Villainy! starring:
Aflycon as Macho Man Oughbel Savage
Shaunpat99 as Sir Rowan Kireviel
Random980 as goddamn Obscuro "The Miraculous" Ultimusbeard!
"Stop! You have violated the law! Pay the court a fine or- oh god, what are you doing to my organs!?"
Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Macho Man Oughbel Savage! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Sorcerer, you'll conjure up all manner of magicks to decimate the opposition. From scorching flames to howling winds, from summoning to mind control, the world is your spellbook.
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Sir Rowan Kireviel! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Rogue, take your foes by surprise with stealth and cunning. You've got a sharp tongue, and even sharper blades.
Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Obscuro "The Miraculous" Ultimusbeard! We wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

As a Warrior, you need naught but your sword and shield (or just a big sword if you prefer offence) to make your point. Lead your party into combat with crushing blows and battle cries!
"So there you have it. Four trinities, twelve heroes. The quests begin... TONIGHT!"

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Trinity of Heroes (signups are closed for now.)

Post by haxxorzd00d » 24 Jun 2013, 07:47

"Alright, you 'orrible lot, time for some quests! I'll need some team members to step up and claim these bad boys; as usual, it's first come first served!"

Heroes' Guild, City of Blatherswell - Today's Quests

That Old Chestnut (claimed by Team SHAFT)
"The cellar's swarming with rats! They're eating the cheese, swimming in the beer - it's awful! Help me, heroes!"

Kitchen Nightmares (claimed by Team Triforce)
"Those bandits from the slums have made off with me wife, and there's laundry needs doing! Help me, heroes!"

Lore Enforcement (claimed by Team Stinvunbotics)
"Word on the street is there's a shipment of illegal magical goods coming into the docks tonight. We're gonna bust this sh*t wide open. Help me, heroes!"
Contact: Lancelot "Strong-Arm" McDervish, captain of the guard

Remedy Extremity (assigned to Team S&V)
"My grandma's sick with the squitties and I need a bunch of wranglewort leaves to make a herbal tonic! Help me, heroes!"
Location: Pestle Pushers Apothecary, Blatherswell High Street

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 24 Jun 2013, 09:07

Lore Enforcement! I want lore enforcement!

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 24 Jun 2013, 09:42

rofl, Sti is a bard. :lol:

Also all of the yus for drug raid- er, Lore Enforcement.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 24 Jun 2013, 09:54

Kitchen Nightmares! Let's take on Amy's Baking Company! I shall use the power of frost and wolves to kick ass!