New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Make some characters!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
sag185
Retired

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) We're full!

Post by sag185 » 07 Jan 2012, 17:40

Ill work on the fortress and my native shall request that enteri leave a message in the clearing. :) And i will go with enteri.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 07 Jan 2012, 19:41

Sag, did you miss the whole "pm me your decisions" bit? Really.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 07 Jan 2012, 19:49

Yeah... it would probably help keep this nice and tidy and not full of replies.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Post by 697134002 » 07 Jan 2012, 20:58

The PMing was mostly just because, like I mentioned earlier, your characters can now die and the decisions in the last update would definitely impact your character in some way, good or bad.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 08 Jan 2012, 06:17

Such derpery :/
SORRY! <3

Post by 697134002 » 08 Jan 2012, 18:40

We're just waiting on Arogon.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 08 Jan 2012, 18:43

thought i replied?! D: Ill pm nao.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Post by 697134002 » 09 Jan 2012, 09:22

Update #11 35 days until ship arrives

Frederick König, accompanied by Myles Luttrel and a couple of warriors, went to the clearing to check for a message.

Simultaneously, Entreri, accompanied by Aiten, The Shadow and a couple other mercenaries, were heading to the clearing to leave their response.

The two groups met at the clearing. Entreri lifted his hand to stop Aiten and The Snake from firing and the other two soldiers from charging. Entreri reached into a bag and pulled out a letter, then began to slowly approach Frederick.
Frederick told Myles and the other two warriors to back away, showing to Entreri that he did not plan to commit an act of foul pay, and began walking towards Entreri.

Back on the natives' side of the clearing, Aiten began to tremble. He wanted to shoot the pilgrims, but knew that he would not get paid if he did. He had expected that they would go to the clearing, place the message and leave, not encounter the foreigners. He was not prepared to see his foes.
His hand slid into his quiver, drawing out a single, perfect arrow. He pulled his bowstring back. If he were to loosen his grip, he would shoot the man with the shield in the chest.
From a short distance away, The Shadow watched Aiten's struggle with shooting. If he shot, there would be a battle and Entreri might die. On the other hand, if the foreigners received the message then the mercenaries might not be needed. The Shadow chose to do something that would affect all their lives forever.
"Shoot."

The arrow flew past Entreri and Frederick, embedding itself in the side of Myles Luttrel. When the man cried a cry of sincere pain, Frederick turned around and saw the arrow, and the shocked archer on the other side of the clearing, he broke into action. His blades were unsheathed in the blink of an eye, and Entreri began backing away. The Shadow shot an arrow, grazing Frederick's side as he nimbly dodged to the side. Frederick ignored the non-threatening Entreri and ran towards the archers.
One of the other two warriors ran to see if Myles was okay.
Myles could barely see anything, and he was drifting in and out of consciousness. He saw the warrior run towards him, then nothing. Then he felt the warrior pick him up, and, again, nothing. Then he felt a splash of blood and saw the warrior's face - with an arrow sticking through it. As he fell to the ground, Myles could only hope the archers thought he was dead.
The other warrior, Gunter, ran towards the archers, ducking behind a tree at the last second to avoid an arrow. The arrow still hit him, though, and he instinctively clutched his side.
Gunter came out from behind the tree and ran at the archer, who was fitting an arrow to his bowstring. As he closed in, he stopped feeling his hands and feet. He tripped over a rock and smashed into the ground, face first. As he tried to get up, his arms gave out. His breathing became laboured and he could do nothing but lie there.

As Aiten took aim at Frederick, he saw his target's arm snap into motion, and felt a sharp pain in his knee. Although his robe caught most of the throwing knife's momentum, it did not prevent him from taking it to the knee. He shot, and smiled as Frederick tripped getting out of the way.
Entreri unsheathed his weapons and approached Frederick, seemingly unconscious on the ground.
Aiten turned his attention away from the downed warrior and ran to investigate Myles Luttrel, while The Shadow walked over to Gunter.
Aiten put one of his daggers in front of the man's mouth, and gasped in surprise as it fogged up. Just then, the man opened his eyes, staring at Aiten. He slid his dagger down to Myles' throat.

Frederick's shout startled Aiten, who turned around to see what was going on. The Shadow, blade above Gunter's chest, turned his head to see what was going on.
Frederick had a blade at Entreri's throat, and motioned to the natives' side of the clearing. Aiten, his stress released, backed away from Myles and sheathed his weapons, before dashing into the forest.
Luckily for Gunter, the spot in which he collapsed was clearly visible to Frederick, and The Shadow backed off into the forest.
Frederick slowly walked over to Gunter, keeping the blade at Entreri's throat constantly.
The effects of the poison beginning to wear off on the large, healthy man, Gunter said one word with his numb mouth: "Myles."

Myles blinked into consciousness again, Frederick hoisting him over his shoulder, Entreri still captive at his side.
Gunter gained control over his forearms and thighs, and began stumbling over to Frederick.
"I... will take... him. Take the... message..."
Frederick gently put Myles into Gunter's arms, breathing a sigh of relief as his load was lessened. As an afterthought, he reached into Myles' pocket and took out the translation sheets.
"Take Myles back to the base, I will have a chat with our friend here," Frederick said, patting Entreri's shoulder with his freer hand.

Back at the pilgrims' base, Uthag dug out a hole in the side of the nearby hill, reinforcing it with planks. The stones from the new mine went immediately to the fortress, which Frederick Joseph and Patrick Eder were working on.

The Old Man had been chastised by Entreri for his suggestion, and stayed behind to train against his fellow mercenaries.

When Gunter stumbled onto the beach, Myles Luttrel bleeding in his arms, the pilgrims were dealt a shock akin to the deaths several days before. While hoping for peace, one man had been killed and another may well join that
man. Gunter's wound was also deeply infected.

Myles Luttrel has 1 health.

No need to PM your responses now - the pilgrims can't do anything about them.

Decisions for Pilgrims Ha ha! You'll keep doing what you were doing earlier, this time only the natives get to decide!

Decisions for Natives
1: Attack the pilgrims' base with the rest of the mercenaries, as well as Lord Akar.
2: Go renegade and do another thing which you will explain in your post.
Last edited by 697134002 on 10 Jan 2012, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 09 Jan 2012, 11:21

i said to bring along some extra warriors for the reason of me not being shot :evil:
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 09 Jan 2012, 15:25

Lol, whar are our choices?

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 09 Jan 2012, 17:00

Hes finishing the post later my friend.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 09 Jan 2012, 17:09

Oh, ok

Post by 697134002 » 10 Jan 2012, 02:00

Oh, forgot to post that I finished my post.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 10 Jan 2012, 11:08

My native shall abandon the mercenaries, sneaking away at night and go over to the pilgrims camp, making it obvious he means no harm. Attempt to heal the injured people using the knowledge of the land he has.
This turn of heart is completely random, and may change in the future, but for now aiten has good intentions.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 10 Jan 2012, 11:15

sag185 wrote:My native shall abandon the mercenaries, sneaking away at night and go over to the pilgrims camp, making it obvious he means no harm. Attempt to heal the injured people using the knowledge of the land he has.
This turn of heart is completely random, and may change in the future, but for now aiten has good intentions.
Smart native is smart
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 10 Jan 2012, 11:17

Huzzah. I would also like to add i will not be inviting any other of the natives along, as i trust none of them at all.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 10 Jan 2012, 15:12

Continue the attack. No going back now. On my way back, I refill my vial of poison.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 10 Jan 2012, 15:30

Attack

Post by 697134002 » 10 Jan 2012, 20:07

Update #12 33 days until ship arrives

Frederick König translated Entreri's message.
Spoiler! :
Under the order of my superiors, I cannot make peace with you. For your sake, I hope you take this time to leave our lands on that ship of yours.
Frederick wrote a message in response, asking Entreri to pronounce the letters on his translation sheet. Within an hour, Frederick simply read words from the translation sheet rather than writing a new message. Frederick stayed in the forest with Entreri overnight, not wishing to endanger his people by bringing a hostage.
The next day, the two of them conversed in the natives' tongue.
"Why can you not explain to your superiors that we are no threat?" Frederick enquired.
"Our society is centred around honour. You have killed more than thirty of my men, and Lord Akar will not let that go."
"Then explain to him that you must sometimes put down your honour to do what is right," Frederick responded.
"I cannot. He already dislikes me for my tolerance of the peasantry - if I put down any more of our traditional values," Entreri paused, as though remembering some tragic event, "he and the other Lord of the Kingdom, Lord Bruenor of Castle Tinilith, will expel me from the Kingdom."
"Then refuse to be expelled, with force if need be. From what I understand, the peasants should prefer you over them."
"Ah, but the peasants are not fighters."
Frederick gathered his thoughts, considering how he could respond. "Where I come from, if the commoners do not like the decisions of a leader, and the leader refuses to back down, they will oppose him. I have seen farmers who have never before lifted a sword be more than a match for bandits. If you care strongly about something, you will do whatever it takes."
And the two of them sat there, contemplating what they would do next.

Myles Luttrel was recovering. He had been tended to non-stop, and could now move around in a chair equipped with wheels. The outer walls of the fortress were outfitted with stones and it was now stable enough to begin constructing floors. The gates were now reinforced, and featured a portcullis in addition to thick slabs of stone - melted and then moulded into shape.

Aiten Javenkis felt terrible for what he had done. There had been a chance to make peace, but his need to kill in addition to the suggestion of The Shadow ensured that an attack would go down. The next morning, Aiten packed his things and headed towards the pilgrims' base, intending to surrender and have them do to him whatever they wished. For too long had he thought only of himself. He had killed over a hundred people in his lifetime, never feeling a thing. But when he had his arrow trained on Myles, something happened in his brain. To the people of the future, it would have been referred to as a release of oxytocin in the brain of a psychopath. To the people of these lands, it would have been said that Aiten Javenkis' heart grew.

The Shadow came back saying that Lord Entreri had been taken by the savages, and that in two days they should attack and rescue him. Aiten said nothing, fearful for his life. Every man present, save for Aiten, heartily agreed.

When Aiten reached the pilgrims' base, he dropped his weapons and put his hands on his head. Myles came out in his wheeled chair to see what was happening, and his heart nearly stopped when he saw Aiten. He stared into the man's eyes and, instead of seeing a heartless killer, he saw a very sad man. He requested that some builders build a cage to keep him in until he could be trusted, and so it was built, with Aiten put inside.
Aiten tried to talk to Myles, but the man did not have his translation sheet and did not understand the spoken tongue of the natives.
Aiten wrote in the sand on the bottom of his spacious cage, and motioned to the building Myles was in. Myles came over and inspected the writing, trying to remember what was on his cheat sheet. It read:
Spoiler! :
I am sorry. I know some methods to speed up healing.
Myles, trusting the prisoner, let him demonstrate what he was going to do and, after agreeing to it, Aiten was brought - at swordpoint - to the makeshift operating table.
Myles was given anaesthetic for the operation and when he awoke, he felt almost no pain at all. He was able to stand, though he walked with a limp which Aiten assured would go away in a week.

That night, the mercenaries attacked. A man standing guard on a tower was the first to die. While scanning the trees, he took an arrow through the left eye.
Aiten, unable to sleep and with a clear view of the tower, saw the man fall backwards over the wall, and the man in the tower across from him immediately after.
He started shouting a word which he had assumed meant attack in the foreigners' tongue.

The settlement exploded into action. Within minutes, there were armed soldiers standing behind the gates and archers looking for targets on the dark beach.
As though a single mind, the natives charged at the same moment, rushing towards the wall. A couple were shot down, but most made it to the edge of the wall - out of reach of the archers. Strong and agile, most of the mercenaries simply climbed the wall, gripping gaps between the stones lining it.
As the first native jumped over the wall, the gates were thrown open. Most of the natives, fearing shots from the archers should they reach the top of the wall, jumped down and ran to the gate.
The native who crossed the wall first ran inside the closest building, a residence. Three soldiers followed him inside. But the native didn't care. He lit a torch and dropped it to the ground, the flames hungrily licking the wood floor, and jumped out a window to land on the main street, where battle was frenetic.
A few natives had died, but most of the casualties so far had been to the pilgrims.
The Shadow, sneaking around the walls and entering the camp from the ocean, saw Aiten in the cage. Coming up from behind, he held his torch to the wooden structure until it caught fire, then ran. When Aiten realized his cage was on fire, an entire corner was blazing.
Their numbers halved, many pilgrims began to flee. Some, namely Uthag, Myles, Patrick, Frederick and Gunter, fled into the fortress, closing its doors shut behind them. Frederick, who had spent the last several days building the fortress, led them down to an underground passage, and they paused to catch their breath.
As the pilgrims who had not fled were killed, attention was drawn to the trapped Aiten. Many mercenaries went up to his cage and spat at him.

Hearing screams, Frederick König and Entreri rushed to the settlement to see several burning buildings and the gates wide open. Entreri was not scared to fight these men. He now knew that he should do what is right, not what is tradition. As he walked in through the gates, the mercenaries flocked around him, asking questions such as "Where were you?" or "What should we do next?". Entreri looked at the Old Man, the wisest there, and gave his orders.
"Cease the attack, put out the fires and tend to the wounded foreigners. This is not the way."
The Old Man looked at Entreri contemptuously. "You call yourself a Lord? A real leader would have directed us in battle, not cowered in the bushes!" Cheers of agreement erupted.
Entreri stared at the Old Man. "I seek not to do what is tradition, but that which is right. We can make peace with these foreigners, if only we would try."
The Old Man swung his staff over his head, intending to smash Entreri's skull. Instead, his staff hit naught but thin air.
Entreri thrust himself to the side, stabbing one mercenary with his sword and another with his dagger. Using the wounded men as boosters, he leaped over the throng of mercenaries and ran to the other side of the burning building.

Down the road, behind the mercenaries, Frederick found Aiten screaming for help. Frederick swung his sword at the cage, cutting through the weakened wood as though it were ribbon and grabbed Aiten, pulling him out of the smoky cage.
As he left the smoke, Aiten began coughing.
"Th-cough thank... you...

Entreri hid behind the edge of the burning building, and when the first mercenary came around the corner, he slid his sword into the man's side, then thrust his dagger into another man's heart.
As more mercenaries neared him, he ran around the other side of the building, narrowly avoiding being hit by flaming debris. Entreri sliced his sword across the neck of one mercenary, and swung it around to lop off of the arm of another before sprinting out the main gates and into the forest.

Frederick König helped Aiten to his feet, then walked him over to his weapons, which were in a neat pile outside the bonfire that was once a cage.
A mercenary noticed them and ran towards them, then flew away from them with the help of an arrow.
"Now we run, archer," Frederick whispered, and the two of them ran to the ocean, around the wall and into the forest, meeting up with Entreri.

In the sand between the wall and the forest, a body lay staring at the sky, though its eyes saw nothing. Lord Akar, Ruler of the Kingdom, had been shot by one of the archers.

697134002 +1 Weapon Skill
Sag the Pilgrim +1 Building Skill
Jake +1 Strength
Andy +1 Constitution
Arogon +1 Building Skill
Sag the Native +1 Intelligence
Spyboticsguy +1 Weapon Skill
LS13 +1 Senses

Decisions for Pilgrims
1: Head further down the tunnel; it opens up into the mines and you could escape from there
2: Hold your position
3: Exit the fortress and search for survivors among the carnage

Decisions for Mercenaries
1: Head out to search for Entreri and kill him
2: Search for survivors and kill them
3: Other

Decisions for Aiten
1: Suggest that the three of you head to a village in the Kingdom where Entreri had mustered support when he was overthrown several years ago
2: Suggest that you look for survivors in the settlement
3: Flee Frederick and Entreri
Last edited by 697134002 on 10 Jan 2012, 23:52, edited 3 times in total.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 10 Jan 2012, 21:32

Hmm, I just realized I have not been being true to Old Man's personality since he doesn't pick fights...

Post by 697134002 » 10 Jan 2012, 22:22

The mercenaries were promised a lot of gold by Lord Entreri, LS13.

LS13
Retired

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Spots available!

Post by LS13 » 10 Jan 2012, 23:01

Still, I should have been being less aggressive and more strategic with my choices. Oops :P

Knowing the capabilities of the pilgrims to rebuild very quickly and regroup, Old Man has decided to put off the traitor Entreri in order to crush the pilgrims before they could become more of a threat.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 11 Jan 2012, 02:59

Escape through the mines
The staff here are all trolls

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 11 Jan 2012, 10:00

Escape through the mines and meet up with Enteri, Aiten & Fred

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 11 Jan 2012, 11:12

I shall hold mah postitioN!
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 11 Jan 2012, 15:53

Alright i do believe patrick shall head into the caves and attempt to escape through the mines, but i shall try and pursuade aros character to come with us, as staying there by himself would be suicide, although i guess i would need a post from you aro to see if you will come with us.

And aiten will suggest we head to the village that has support, whilst going there he will try and learn the language he needs in the time that he has to act as a sort of translator between the village people and frederick.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 11 Jan 2012, 17:05

My character, seeing Enteri essentially defect, therefore removing the option of payment, seeing as Akar is dead, shall tail the pilgrims, and if possible, capture one unnoticed for questioning. I will not let the other mercenaries know of my plan.

At this point in time, my character has no particular alliances. His royal bloodline prevents him from defecting to the pilgrims, but he knows that a hunt could possibly lead to more unneeded bloodshed on both their parts.

I should also note that his position as Eldric saw him as a personal guard for Enteri, which causes him to have a feeling of loyalty to the man. He left for currently undocumented reasons. It is possible, that, in order to gain Enteri's trust again, he will reveal his former identity and position.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 11 Jan 2012, 17:20

I shall tell sag to go on without me. I will make sure as many pilgrims escape as possible then try my luck at getting out last.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Post by 697134002 » 11 Jan 2012, 18:03

sag185 wrote:Alright i do believe patrick shall head into the caves and attempt to escape through the mines, but i shall try and pursuade aros character to come with us, as staying there by himself would be suicide, although i guess i would need a post from you aro to see if you will come with us.

And aiten will suggest we head to the village that has support, whilst going there he will try and learn the language he needs in the time that he has to act as a sort of translator between the village people and frederick.
Entreri taught Frederick the basics of the language, no need. And I will write up the next bit after I have a drink.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 11 Jan 2012, 18:08

alright, awesomee :)