Missing - Mature Rating

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Skunk_Giant
Retired

Missing - Mature Rating

Post by Skunk_Giant » 02 Sep 2011, 08:06

Missing.
Missing will be a new forum game, just like the others I've got going. As usual, it will involve choices, a story, and the impact that those choices have on the story.
However, this will be much shorter, and much more simple. It will also be a bit more linear, but at the same time, have a number of choices that make an impact on the characters.
Those of you that know the game well, will notice that I've borrowed ideas from Heavy Rain, a brilliant game that inspired this game.

The story will follow a smaller amount of characters, with only a few major parts available. The players will be in a race to find Aaron Lincoln, a ten year old boy, who goes missing. Lincoln is suspected to be the fifth victim of an unknown person. All victims have been ten year old boys, shot once in the head by their killer, and left to be found in different areas.

While as usual, players can make their own characters, there is a catch.
In Missing, the characters must follow certain guidelines. For example, one person must play as the father of Aaron Lincoln. One person must play as the uncle of the fourth victim, and any other characters that specify, must be have a player.
There cannot be any players joining midway, and if you join, you must be committed to playing to the end (or to your character's death).
Like I said before, Missing will not be as long as the other games.

One play may also be sent a PM telling them that they are the killer. This player MUST NOT tell anyone, and must always act as though they are innocent. All players will appear to be trying to save Lincoln, but one player may actually have a hidden goal.
This is only a maybe. Who knows? Maybe the killer will be an NPC.

Characters:

The Father of Aaron Lincoln. - Must be played by someone
In 2007, this character lost his wife. While on holidays with Aaron and wife Alice, a terrorist attack occurred, in which thousands died. This character was shot while trying to save Aaron, and didn't manage to save Alice before she was killed.

The Uncle of the fourth victim. - Must be played by someone
This character's nephew was the fourth victim of the killer. His brother, or the victim's father, was involved in a fatal car accident five days after his son disappeared. This character believes the accidents are linked.
The victim's mother is in mourning, and so, this character has taken it upon himself to find out what happened.

The Reporter.
This character has been following the victims in his or her own time, studying everything. He or she believes this might be the big breakthrough he or she needs to become a well known reporter, and will do anything to find the truth behind all this.

The Agent.
This character is an FBI agent. He is new to the cases, and new in town. He came from New York, specifically to investigate these cases.

The Private Investigator.
This character is privately investigating the cases. He or she has their own reasons for this (up to the player to decide).

Player Profiles

Fill out this sheet, remembering that the background above is compulsory for the character roles.

Name: (Father of Aaron must have the last name - Lincoln)
Role: (Father, Uncle, Agent, Reporter)
Background: (Remember to make sure it doesn't contradict the above)
Any other info:

If you REALLY want to have a different role that isn't above, PM me about it.

Remember, this wont be like my other games. It's more of an emotional game, like Heavy Rain. It takes A LOT of inspiration from HR.
You can begin posting characters, But I dunno if I'll start the story just yet.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Missing - Mature Rating

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Sep 2011, 12:25

Nvm then
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 03 Sep 2011, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 02 Sep 2011, 14:58

Name: Konstantin Morozov
Role: Agent

Appearence: Longish, dark brown, messy hair, and deep, cobalt blue eyes. Pale skin. 5 ft 11. Long scar running from left temple to cheekbone. Wears a large, black overcoat, a loose, casual shirt, jeans, and work boots.

Personality: Quiet, cynical, and authoritative. Quick to anger, and highly intelligent, but slightly unhinged.

Background: After his wive and unborn child were killed in an attempted general store robbery, Konstantin, "Kon" to his friends, went into a state of relapse. For weeks afterwards, he'd see images of her, walking around the apartment, only to find she was nothing but a memory. Blaming himself for not being there to protect her, he took to drink. Normally a strong, honest, stable man, Kon's impression of the world was shattered, and he didn't know if he could be bothered to pick up the pieces. Then he was shot.

He was participating in a drug raid, and he'd already had half a bottle of Scotch that night. Stumbling into the line of fire, he took a bullet to the leg. From then on, he vowed to put things right. He stopped drinking so much. He started getting out more, and then his agency sent him to investigate the murders of several young children.

The way he sees it, this case is how he's going to do right by Sarah, and the baby.

Other Info: Carries a Sig Sauer P226 .45 caliber pistol, with 3 additional clips. Slightly shaken from the deaths, and his injury, he's liable to get startled by unnecessary things, however, when called into action, he performs well. Depending on how the story goes, he may become mildly schizophrenic. Speaks with a soft Russian accent.
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 02 Sep 2011, 19:40

Sorry Iron, looks like Kaosu took the agent's spot.

Kaosu, character looks great! I'm always impressed by how much thought you put into your characters. :D

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 02 Sep 2011, 20:01

:D Why thank you!
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Sep 2011, 04:00

Still need at least the father and the uncle...

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 11 Sep 2011, 00:32

Maybe after Z-Apocalypse, this'll get some more players.