Wicked West (M) Its back! New characters are still welcome!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
MrWhales

Re: Wicked West- Rated M - NEW CHARACTERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Post by MrWhales » 24 Aug 2012, 16:55

And suddenly a pot of petunias lands before everyone, while puzzled over what just happened, a whale comes screaming from the heavens and kills everyone. The end. Now move along.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 24 Aug 2012, 19:42

Wait whut...

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Aug 2012, 02:50

Need a response from iron, andy and 697. Invun you can take over someone else's character if they dont want to continue this or you can start a new character OR adapt one of the NPC's as your knew character (like Derek :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 25 Aug 2012, 04:48

I'm gonna pretend to be a reaper and indoctrinate someone else's character and control them?
Me gusta.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 25 Aug 2012, 05:14

I said to continue with mine :P

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Aug 2012, 08:33

Iron_Fang wrote:I said to continue with mine :P
lol sorry, my bad, not sure why i included you in the non response list.
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Sep 2012, 03:16

This isnt dead! Just waiting for responses from 697 and andy, although i dont think 697 has been around for a fair while now. (this means you could take control of his character Invun)
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Sep 2012, 01:22

Just need to wait for 697 now, however i dont think he will be replying any time soon. Therefore, invun would you like to take over 697's character? an NPC or have a new one?
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 08 Sep 2012, 01:55

yeah, sure

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Sep 2012, 06:12

Invunarble wrote:yeah, sure
That doesnt exactly tell me which option you want...
Do you want to be 697's character?
OR take over an NPC as your character? (you can specify one if you want, or ill choose)
OR do you want a new character? (I can make one for you if you dont want to yourself)
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 08 Sep 2012, 12:44

random980 wrote:That doesnt exactly tell me which option you want...
facepalm.png

I'll take 697's character if you somehow missed that earlier :\

random980

Post by random980 » 08 Sep 2012, 22:58

Invunarble wrote:
random980 wrote:That doesnt exactly tell me which option you want...
facepalm.png

I'll take 697's character if you somehow missed that earlier :\
I didnt miss it, you never said you wanted to be 697's character. You responded 'yes' to a multiple choice question.
i see your facepalm.png and raise you 2
facepalm.png
facepalm.jpg

There may be an update later today! Also Andy has requested a redo on his character, therefore his intro that is set in a future timeline will be changed to match the current one.
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 09 Sep 2012, 01:05

random980 wrote:-snip-
And so, I reread my previous posts to find no source of a definite answer on my choice from myself, so I raise you THREE
facepalm.png
facepalm.png
facepalm.png

random980

Post by random980 » 09 Sep 2012, 03:45

Invunarble wrote:
random980 wrote:-snip-
And so, I reread my previous posts to find no source of a definite answer on my choice from myself, so I raise you THREE
facepalm.png
facepalm.png
facepalm.png
Can i make your character Derek? PLEASE! :lol:
If im up to it a story should be up within the next 4ish hours, however this may just be a recap plus Andy's character's rewrite.
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 09 Sep 2012, 11:22

LAST TIME!
Our characters, Red Barnle (Skunk), Walter McGee (697 Invun), Alaitoc (Iron) and Flint Westwood (Stalke). Were chillin at Doc Brown's (Father of Derek) house after being involved in a gun(and arrow) fight with Travis and his gang where Red received life threatening wounds. After having arrows driven into both his shoulders by Flint, Derek agreed to take the gang to a docter (his father). Here they are about to learn Travis' (the bad guy) plans.

Before that, lets reintroduce our newest addition, Stephen Cain (The last post introducing Mr Cain is now void btw)
Hesperia Medical Clinic
"Doctor! My patience wearies, what can you tell me about my sons death!"
"Well sir," Stephen began not looking up to talk to the sheriff of Hesperia, " The bullet I pulled out of your sons head is to disfigured to determine the type of bullet or what gun shot it. There doest seem to be any other marks on your son apart from the bullet hole in the centre of his forehead..." Stephen was cut off.
"Get to the POINT doctor!" The sheriff said raising his already agitated tone as he slammed his fist down on the table.
"Uhh, ok, well" said Stephan sheepishly,
"You will look at me when talking Mr Cain!" demanded the sheriff, snarling. Stephan snapped his head upwards to address the sheriff.
"Yes sir. It doesn't look like your sun put up a fight..." Stephan was cut off yet again.
"You calling my son a coward, Mr Cain?"
"Oh, uh, no, not at all sir. I mean to say your son may have been shot by surprise, without warning. I mean to say there wasn't a fight or a struggle or anything beforehand, just a clean shot to the centre of the head, a very accurate shot actually, which is surprising as witnesses on the train say that the gentleman..."
"Gentleman?" The sheriff asked with a degrading tone.
"uh, the bandit I mean. Witnesses say the 'bandit' shot wildly as he ducked for cover when your son tried to shoot him."
"So your saying some strange bullet, from an unknown gun, fired by a mysterious bandit, who managed to pull off a very accurate shot while ducking for cover when my son, who I've raised in the use of fire-arms since he was 5, shot at him and missed, has killed my son? Please tell me WHY I've paid you!? you've only succeeded in raising more questions than answering them!"
Stephen Cain was growing angry and annoyed at the sheriff's passive aggressive attitude, after 3 days of this Stephen was overly agitated only wanted to punch this sheriff right in the gut. He looked to be a heavy drinker, a punch to the gut could have devastating effects to someone of the sheriffs build, but he was being paid far to well to start anything with this man. Even without the money Stephan wouldn't even try to stand up to this sheriff.
One day when Stephen had just turned 7, his family were mysteriously killed in their candy store named 'Candy Cain's Candy Store' in California City. The Stannards were the last people seen in the store and were suspects in the murder. Not being able to have their own children, the Stannards took in Stephen as their second child as a sign of good faith. Their first child being Daisy who they adopted from India during one of their many trips around the world. Daisy and Stephen grew up together mainly in their mansion in Oxford England. When old enough they both studied Medicine with high distinctions. The lead suspect of the crime on the Cain's candy shop was never prosecuted as there was 'not enough evidence that the suspect did the crime'. The unsolved case is what eventually lead Stephan to start a love and an occupation of solving cold cases. When Stephen was 27 he was given the ok to preform an autopsy by his superiors, unknown to everyone the 'dead body' was not quite dead... until Stephan started cutting into the man only to see blood starting oozing everywhere. The shock, amount of blood and recant repressed memories of his past sent Stephan into sudden petrifaction, unfortunately the body lost to much blood before someone could rush in and save it. Word of his actions spread quickly and Stephan was forced to hide until things calmed down. Stephan saw this as an opportunity to travel back to America with Daisy and start medicine in a more quiet location and when ready, try to solve his own cold case.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I'm going to need more time to study the body" Stephen said, this time with a much more confident tone. The sheriff eyes him carefully, as if he didn't trust Stephens opinion, in fact Stephen could tell the sheriff didn't trust him at all.
"You better have some answers next time doctor Cain, or so help me!" With that the sheriff trudges out of the room, slamming the door closed behind him. Stephen hunched back over the corpse with a sigh.
"You need to take a break Stephen." Daisy said calmly, Stephen had almost forgotten she was even there.
"You heard him! Not until I find an answer!"
"But you havent even slept or taken a brake in almost 3 days!"
"The mysteries of this case wont solve themselves and with every minute i WASTE, ARGUING WITH YOU, IT WILL ONLY BECOME HARDER TO SOLVE!"
"Well if you think my thoughts are just a waste of time, then ill leave. After being asked, no BEGGED by you to travel here from England to some dump that passes off as a town, i can see I'm obviously not wanted." With that Daisy ripped off her gloves and walked out the room rolling her eyes.
"Wait, Daisy WAIT!"
Stephan hardly ever raised his voice, especially towards the people he loved. Stephan, realizing what he had done, awkwardly took of his gloves, gently put them down and ran after Daisy.
Daisy is 2 years younger than Stephen, 5ft7 with a slender body and an olive complection, one you would expect from an Indian, however she has a somewhat strong English accent and she had shoulder length black hair that she ties back into a bun while working.
Stephan raced after Daisy. "Daisy! Im sorry!" Stephan shouted out. Daisy stopped and turned around to face Stephan who had just caught up. "Sorry Daisy, its just this case, i dont know what to do, this case is so odd, it doesn't match up to the witnesses stories, and i could really use your help and..."
Daisy cut him off "Just take a brake, the reason why you are getting so short tempered and frustrated is because you need to sleep, just stop for a while, you will start thinking more clearly once you do. I'm going to bed now and you should to."
Stephan was tired, very tired, but as he lay awake in his bed unable to actually sleep, he thought through the case over and over again, "Ok, so i have a dead sheriffs boy, who was shot in the head, by what the recorded eye witnesses say was a bandit in his late 20's. He was shot using a simple 6-chamber revolver while the 'bandit stumbled backwards for cover.' while the sheriffs son shot. But the size of the whole in the boys head, the bullet hole is to big and neat, not to mention that revolvers are inaccurate especially while stumbling, how did the bullet even enter the skull on such a perfect straight angle anyway!? Maybe the revolver has been modified? I NEED the murder weapon! Its all to strange! I AM missing something here, i know it, but what..." With that final thought Stephan finally fell asleep.

Calico
Red woke up covered in sweat, he had been having nightmares about the firefight with Travis going wrong, him or someone else dying, the shack being blown up or something along those lines, but this time it was different. He dreamed about the train robbery instead, he dreamed he was one of the passengers, who say Red fall back and shoot as the sheriffs son shot at him. But it looked odd, the dream was over the top, the sheriffs son was big and angry looking and shot at Red with a huge rifle instead. As he saw himself stumble back for cover in his dream he saw it in slow motion, which is how it felt when he DID fall. But this time his dive for cover was over the top, his arms and legs were flailing as he saw himself lunge backwards, his flailing gun going off as Red's aim reached the general direction of the sheriff's son. His pistol looked tiny though and his shot looked like it was going to miss. However he saw the sheriffs head snap back with sickening force again, he saw the blood spurt out of the boy's skull, again, he saw the boy ragdoll to the ground, AGAIN.
As Red fell back to sleep he almost completely forgot this dream and the subtle message it contained. Even towns apart, Red and Stephan both new something was not right about the murder of the sheriff's son. Except unlike Red, Stephan was sure he knew that as a fact.

More might be coming within 12 hours! Stay tuned for all NEW, all AWESOME and all WICKED WICKED WEST!
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 09 Sep 2012, 15:22

Hooh, shit's intense.

random980

Post by random980 » 10 Sep 2012, 00:13

Have two pictues!
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/j6prt.png
World mapof wicked west so far!
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/orj1l.png
Travis's Hideout. T= Toilet/bathroom, B=Bedroom, Red=Fireplace, Green lines=Couches Yellow=Table, Grey = Counter, Blue = windows, Brown = door and Orange= the bookshelf that hides the metal hatch to the cellar behind it.
Eekum Bokum

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 10 Sep 2012, 06:53

:O
Awesome! I'm gonna go back and read through the earlier posts to remind myself of what happened. I vaguely remember, but not all of it.
Interested in finding out what's so odd about the Sheriff's Son's death.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 10 Sep 2012, 14:34

Lol, google maps. :lol:

random980

Post by random980 » 11 Sep 2012, 01:19

Invunarble wrote:Lol, google maps. :lol:
The towns mentioned in the story are real life places that were around in the 1850's. I actually did a bit of homework on all this before i started it. :P
Also all character profilse will be updated with a bit more dosh, 50 as starting plus more if you earned it from a train robbery (plus 200), were hired as a mercenary for a day (plus 20) or being paid by a sheriff (plus 50). Therefore Flint (Stalke) is the only character to not get a starting bonus >_>
After next update the 'markets' will be open. You will be able to buy weapons, armour, horses, hats and pants with the butt section cut out! Any purchase will be 'express' delivered to you in any situation (except for during fights and other unfair scenarios) If your character is free (and after enough time) Doc Brown will be available to upgrade your stuff.
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 11 Sep 2012, 16:52

Wait, so we buy upgrades and stuff?

Can I buy a strip club? :D

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 11 Sep 2012, 17:08

Invunarble wrote:Wait, so we buy upgrades and stuff?

I've not been following this thread at all but let this happen :)
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Sep 2012, 00:47

Wildwill002 wrote:
Invunarble wrote:Wait, so we buy upgrades and stuff?

I've not been following this thread at all but let this happen :)
...Facepalm.jpg

Then again... with enough money i guess you could buy land, then buy a property which would generate you money... I might actually implement this!
Spoiler! :
LOL NOPE.AVI
Eekum Bokum

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 12 Sep 2012, 01:16

Got my hopes up...
I was going to create a monopoly... Then turn that into a country. Redland.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 12 Sep 2012, 05:03

Well all I need is mah bow, mah arrows and mah horse. Bah to your bonus :p. NOW LETS GET TO ACTION!

random980

Post by random980 » 13 Sep 2012, 00:54

Skunk_Giant wrote:Got my hopes up...
I was going to create a monopoly... Then turn that into a country. Redland.
heuheuheuheu

I will probably write another instalment later today.
Eekum Bokum

random980

Post by random980 » 13 Sep 2012, 09:29

Doc Browns. Calico 11.05pm

Flint came hurrying down the stairs, almost tripping and flying down the last few only managing to regain his balance as his foot awkwardly made contact with the ground floor, it kinda hurt (-5 hp, -4 luck) However he notices 10c on the floor! (+10c, +4 Luck)
"He is... AWAKE!" Flint cried in excitement as he lightly limped into the kitchen where the others were sitting. Red slowly makes his way down the stairs and into the kitchen cradling his beef stew.
"How long does it take you to get downstairs?" Derek says as he ladles himself a bowl of stew.
"What do you mean?" replies Red.
"We sent Flint up with the stew like 10 months ago!"
"Huh? Its only been like 5 minutes? And why specifically 10 months?"
"I...I don't know, i just had the strangest feeling... anyway."
"Yes, Anyway" Alaitoc interrupted, What's our plan from here?"
"Find Travis and kill that son of a bitch!" Walter said abruptly, "Could really do with a nice $200."
"Yeah, i wonder how Travis is doing in that reinforced cellar without me" Derek said oblivious to the mutual hatred of the man that surrounded the room. "What?" Derek said confused at everyone's reaction.
"Well im not going after Travis, even if we are prepared this time who knows what he could still have up his sleeve!" Alaitoc responded, acting as if Derek hadn't said anything at all.
"Actually what exactly WAS under the hatch Derek?" Flint asks
"Oh that thing? Doc Brown pipes up happily. "Well there already was a wine cellar under that old shack of his but i had an idea, what if you were being hunted? Why not make it impenetrable? So managed to make a large enough mould and with some iron, let me tell you finding enough iron for one massive trap door was haaAAAAArd! Then we..." Doc rambled on and on about how they managed to line the walls and roof with thick layers of stone and concrete, remove most of the wine caskets to make room for shelves and other things, how he made a small series of tiny shafts in the walls that allowed users to overhear discussions up top and how in some of those shafts were a network of mirrors that allowed you to look into the shafts to see who, or what is on the floor above. If Doc didn't go into so much detail and repetition all of you would have actually found this interesting. Then he said something that made Alaitoc jump. "Oh and Travis requested that one of the stone in the wall was actually a large button that would allow access into a hidden safe, the safe was small though and he only put one thing in it, a book called 'The mind of a Mongol'
"We need to get into that bunker" Alaitoc spat out suddenly. "Now."
"Says the man who forced me to back off it." Walter retorts. "How are we going to get in there anyway? We tried last time and the wheel on that huge metal trap door didn't budge, as if the wheel itself was locked!"
"Thats because i designed the door that way." Doc replys proudly, beaming. "Once inside access from the top can be stopped by essentially locking the handle, this is done by..." Doc blabs on again for another few minutes specifically about how he designed the lock and what went into making it.
"Got on with it dad!" Derek whines impatiently.
"Oh right, well if you want to get in, i can help, why dont you all step into the laboratory" Doc says with a menacing smile.

ALL (except Stephen)
a) follow Doc to 'the lab' (then choose another option)
b) travel back to Travis' old shack
c) visit the sheriff's office to look for bounty's to hunt
D) do nothing for now and eat more stew! (Tell me what else you want to do)
Oh and Iron the book may be linked to Alaitoc's past in case your wondering ;)
TOTALS
Flint -5 hp, stair trip (75/80)
Red +20, Well Rested and bandaged up (110/120)
Dereks cooking skill went up! (Invisible Stat, he made the ordinary beef stew) An IS (invisable stat) is a random type of stat that will slowly increase by doing certain tasks, it will only be noticeable when the task is preformed multiple times, the story will then show increased skill. (ex, drunken darts. Derek throws a dart, he almost throw it at someone. Eventually it will reach, Derek plays drunken darts, he gets a bullseye! Thomas owes him a free beer!) Luck will now strike at random moments during the story, just like it did to Flint. It may have good or bad effects depending on the level, posotive or negative luck effects will be shown by a - or a + next to the luck level. Things like Strength or pulling off trick pistol shots will use the same system when required!
Last edited by random980 on 14 Sep 2012, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Eekum Bokum

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 13 Sep 2012, 14:36

I say we go to the sheriffs office! even though I skimmed through most this post.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 13 Sep 2012, 16:15

I say follow Doc to the lab.

random980

Post by random980 » 14 Sep 2012, 02:40

Invunarble wrote:I say we go to the sheriffs office! even though I skimmed through most this post.
Invun, I highly recommend you read all of it (is available in OP), including all of the story so far, once you have, re-choose your option.
If any of you have ideas for your characters development during the story feel free to pm me!
Eekum Bokum