The Prophecy of Escapecraft - Y u so new post?

A place for silliness and shenanigans.

Story, or Game?

Story
36%
Game
64%

Total votes: 66

Skunk_Giant
Retired

The Prophecy of Escapecraft - Y u so new post?

Post by Skunk_Giant » 26 Jul 2011, 16:15

New to the Prophecy? Start reading from Page 38!

---------------------------------------------- ORIGINAL POST

There will be blood...
There will be explosions...
And most of all...
There will be strippers, in...

Coming Soon...

Sorry for the small, horrible picture. It's one of my first attempts at using photoshop...

Update One

Alright, I'm typing this in a rush, so I'll cut straight to the point.
What this is, is up to you.

It can either be a small story, where I write a new chapter every now and then, or it can be a forum game similar to Zombie Apocalypse and The Family. I'm putting a poll up, and I'll check it... whenever. Probably this time tomorrow.

Update Two

Welcome to Escapia.
The people of Escapia had lived in peace for years, following the Second Great Troll War that raged all across the lands of the Internet.
King SneakyPie had created a town like no other in the country of Craftmine, and was steadily expanding his empire as more and more people came to see the land.

But an evil force was growing...

HOW IT WILL PLAY

The game will have the same core feature of my other forum games - a choice at the end of most posts for characters.
However, this will be a much larger tale for the community.
Some characters may only have a couple of choices, others may have one nearly every post.
So, before the game begins, I ask you to make one of these choices.

I do NOT want any choices in the game.
I am happy to have SOME choices in the game, but please PM me whenever I need to make a choice.
I am happy to have SOME choices in the game, and will check regularly, don't worry about sending me a PM.
I want as many choices as possible, and will check regularly, don't worry about sending me a PM.

Unlike the other forum games, you will NOT be required to create a character sheet, so just make one of those choices, and I'll go from there.
If I don't know you well, don't expect a huge part in the story. It's nothing personal, just I don't know you. Likewise, if I DO know you well, you probably have a better chance of being a main character (if you wish). On the other hand, there will be those of you that I know very well, but may never or very rarely give you a choice. Even though this is a game, I want the story to be if good quality, so some of you might not get plenty of choices, just because that's how the story goes.

STORY

The story will be set in the town of Escapia, a town ruled by King Sneaky. Escapia was built soon after the Second Great Troll War.
King Sneaky's empire is steadily expanding, and is doing extremely well in the country of Craftmine, and therefore, the people if Escapia are also doing extremely well, living in peace.
But evil is brewing.
The people of Escapia will have to band together and make the right choices to save their home from the rare, but strong enemies of Escapia.
Do you have what it takes?

FAQ

Will groups such as CUT, the Raven Empire and the USSR make an appearance in this?
While I can't promise they all will, there's a chance they some will play a part in the story.

Empty space is empty. Ask away!

No Choice Players

Hytro

PM Choice Players

UndeadJesus
Milo_Windby

Some Choice Players

Regular Choice Players

Aflycon
Blank_Kold
Blackadder51
KaosuHamoni
Vallorn
Sag185
Iron_Fang
Sti_Jo_Lew
givemeabreak
XDelphi
Random980
Arogon343

The story so far...

This is a tale of a city's struggle for survival, their fight for freedom and a normal life.
This is the story of how the city of Escapia was attacked, and not even the great Cuboida spell could save Sneaky's city from war.
This is the Prophecy of Escapecraft.

The nation of Craftmine was a fast growing one. Known for its great resources, many founders gathered there to create new cities upon its discovery by a man from Sweedland. And so, because of the great lands, empires were created quickly.
However, the founders were not smart in their lands. Despite the land being too crowded already, hundreds of founders were still creating settlements long after Craft's discovery.
The town of Escapia, however, was built shortly after Craftmine was deemed suitable for living. When the great King Sneaky, and his brother, Collin arrived and claimed their land, they had no idea how much Escapia would grow. As visitors flocked to Craftmine to see the sites, they stayed in Escapia, and many decided to never leave, but to spend their lives helping the empire grow.
But as the numbers rose, so did the criminals of Escapia.

The city of Escapia fell under multiple attacks by a large group known only as 'The Griefers', who were known for attacking a large amount of cities in Craftmine.
But Sneakypie would not stand for it. With his team of leaders, and the help of the watching townspeople, Sneaky brought down all who tried to harm Escapia.
But 'The Griefers' weren't the only enemies to harm Escapia.
After Escapia first expanded (and ultimately, the first section of the town became uninhabited), building New Central, a new enemy rose. Experts had detailed them in their solo journeys into the unexplored lands of Escapia, but now, this new enemy had reached populated areas, and quickly spread to Escapia.
These enemies were almost as powerful as 'The Griefers', and far outnumbered them. The enemies included a mix of humanoid archers, creatures resembling bloodthirsty zombies, giant spiders, and explosive creatures. These new animals, native to Craftmine, quickly struck, and Sneaky called an emergency town meeting, calling together all of the townspeople in the Town Forum.
After the townspeople agreed that second area of Escapia, known as Exitus, was far too dangerous, the area was evacuated, and was quarantined.
But the quarantine failed. Before they could get back to the first section of Escapia, Genesis, the creatures broke free of Exitus and attacked again. The townspeople, with no other choice, boarded a fleet of boats and fled the land, but were separated in a sudden storm.
One of the boats, the largest, sunk near an island, and the survivors set out to recreate their home.
The creatures of Exitus and Genesis were still present, but for now, they could build to accommodate security against the creatures.

And so, Terra, the third area of Escapia, was born. As more came to live in Escapia, King Sneaky saw the trouble of population, and set out to find another land, which was named Fyra. Around that time, Leader Haxx forged a deal with the King, offering his land to the Escapian Empire. And so, the land known as Futuria, of sky islands and other amazing environments was created.

Yes, the city of Escapia was going well... That is, until the enemies struck.

Chapter One
Spoiler! :
Blackadder leaped over a small fence and ducked under a clothesline, rushing to the Town Centre.
Tonight was the meteor shower, and everyone in Escapia was gathering to watch. Finally, he arrived, and relaxed, his fear of being late, diminished.
"You excited?" asked Vallorn.
"Of course, who isn't?" Black responded.
As the shower began, the sky was lit up, and the crowd watched in awe.
Finally, the shower ended, and the people of Escapia partied, before leaving for their homes, exhausted from the long night.
As Black looked out of his window, he saw the candlelight of Escapia in the distance. He was on guard tonight, which meant instead of sleeping, he was to stay in the watchtower and keep a look out. His shift was to last three hours, and then he could sleep, while Lord Mountbatten, another leader of Escapia took over.
Despite taking a nap in the afternoon to prepare for this job, Black felt his eyes dropping, fatigue washing over him. He fought to stay awake, but soon felt himself falling back onto the soft chair behind him and letting his head drop. He was nearly asleep, when something pricked his ears up. There was a noise... In the distance.
He waited for a few minutes, and heard the noise again. It was a cry... a cry of fear?
He looked out to the source, and could tell it had come from the opposite direction of Escapia. The scream had come from the mountains, which were known to be harsh and dangerous in the darkness... If he ran, he could probably get to the base in less than twenty minutes...

Black raced to a small chest nearby and pulled out a telescope, peering through it to the mountains. In a small forest, he could spy a light, a small campfire. That was where the scream had come from.
He couldn't leave his post though. If a Griefer made it through, the whole town would be at risk.

As Vallorn made his way through the city, the cool air caused him to shiver madly. But where he was going, the cool air would be a blessing.
Tonight, he was on his way to MagmaVale, a small part of Escapia, near the borders of the empire. Before he could reach his destination, Vallorn was distracted by a scream from the mountains.
"What the hell was that?" he whispered to himself.
He quickly grabbed his iron sword, some explosives, and a bucket of lava that would act as a torch.
Careful not to spill the bucket, Vallorn ran to the mountains, where he found a fire burning. A small shack had been built near the fire, but was now burning madly. He rushed inside to see if anyone was trapped, but found the shack was empty. Something ran past him, a black shadow. He turned, holding his sword up. Something else ran past him, knocking him in the back as it went by, spilling the lava onto a small tree.
Vallorn dropped the bucket and held his sword steady, searching for the creatures as. Suddenly, the forest was lit up, and Vallorn found his lava had lit up one tree, which had lit up several more.
He rushed to get out of the forest, knowing he had to warn the town of the dangers out here.

Black watched as the light in the mountains grew, and quickly turned from a campfire light, to a burning inferno. The forest was on fire! Their primary source of wood!
He quickly grabbed his bow and arrows and rushed across a narrow bridge that connected the watch tower to another one nearby. In a hurry, he pulled on the massive bell above him, the emergency bell.
In minutes, the townspeople were awake, rushing to see the commotion. Wokka, known as the Wizard of Escapia for his grand magical power was the first to arrive.
Black told he and King Sneaky the situation, while the rest of the Leaders took a head count.
Quickly, Wokka headed off to the fire to try and stop it with his magic, and Black and Sneaky headed back to the Leaders.
"King Sneaky, we're missing someone!" Darktaint cried. "It's Vallorn!"
"Then we must find him," Sneaky responded. "Send out search parties, search the forest, search MagmaVale, search everywhere!"
And with that, the town set off to find their lost member of the community, and to stop the blazing fire.

Wokka quickly used his magic to guide a path through the fire into the forest, but it was spreading far too quickly. Every time he cleared one section, another section would begin burning again.

Vallorn felt himself fall hard into the dirt below him, having tripped on the roots of a tree. Behind him, something made a noise in the bushes. He rolled over and began to get up, but was tackled to the ground. He looked at his attacker and found the crazed face of what looked like a Griefer...
The Griefer grabbed his explosives and tried to race off, but Vallorn threw his sword, hitting the Griefer in the back. He rushed to his victim, grabbed his explosives and pulled his sword out. As he raced forward, he found himself on a hill, in a clearing. Around him, he could see the entire forest burning. In the distance, the town's emergency bell was ringing, and people were piling out.

Darktaint rushed to keep up with the Wizard ahead of him. Finally, he reached Wokka.
"Taint? What are you doing here? It's unsafe!" Wokka yelled.
"I can help you. After all, we Leaders have magic too!"
"But not enough to keep you safe! If the fires don't kill you, the fumes from the smoke will!"
"You can't do this on your own, Wizard!"
Wokka sighed and agreed to let the Leader come with him.
Ahead of them, the two could see a figure, it looked like it was Vallorn, in a clearing.
"Vallorn!" Dark yelled out, but the figure couldn't hear him. The two rushed towards him, but several trees quickly fell, burning and completely blocking any chance of getting through without magic. Wokka turned to Dark,
"I can use my magic, I'm low, but it'll be enough to get us through!"
Dark knew that what Wokka was doing was dangerous. If he was too low, then clearing this section of the fire could drain him of all power, and he'd be struggling to walk. He looked around for another way, but could only find one other path, and it went the opposite way.
"No Wokka! You can't do it!" cried Dark.
"It's the only way to save Vallorn!" Wokka responded, preparing the spell.
"If you lose all your energy, you'll just slow us down, and that could kill us all! You have to save it! You know that more than any of us!"
Wokka, knowing that Dark was right, stopped the spell, and the two headed off to find another way to Vallorn.

Vallorn stumbled down the nearest hill, throwing himself through a small flame, but not hurting himself too badly. He rushed towards the town, and eventually found himself at the top of a large cliff. With the fire rushing after him, Vallorn took the leap, landing and rolling into a small mud pit, where he found himself surrounded by Mosspies, small flying bugs that were found in wet areas. They seemed harmless, but Vallorn knew that in swarms, they could kill him. He continued on, not letting himself rest, and finally, reached the town.
"It's an attack! We're under attack!" he yelled.
Lord Louis Mountbatten, one of the more senior leaders, arrived by Vallorn's side. "An attack by who? What?"
"More Griefers! They attacked me... and..."
"And what?"
"Kind of knocked my bucket to the ground..."
"So... there's lava up there? Was that the cause of the fire?"
"Well, I arrived to find a burning shack... Then my lava just added to it."
Mount sighed. "Alright, we must warn the search parties then! The Griefers will just add to the danger."
Louis got onto his horse and rode back towards the King.

Wokka and Dark travelled on and up the mountain, before arriving at a burning shack, now just ruins. Beside the shack, was a bucket of lava, spilled on the ground.
"Lava... It's Vallorn's bucket..." Wokka said, using his magic to find out who last held the bucket. "He wouldn't have done this on purpose though..."
Suddenly, something burst out of the flaming shack, it too, burning. The figure grabbed Dark, but Wokka quickly used his magic to kill it instantly. That was it, he had used too much magic in this short amount of time.
Wokka felt his legs wobbling, as he and Dark inspected the body.
"A Griefer!" Dark called. "Wokka, we need to warn everyone!"
Silence.
"Wokka?"
Dark turned to find the wizard collapsed on the ground. He rushed to Wokka and picked him up, weighing his options. Wokka had passed out, and needed to rest, but Vallorn could still be out there, and if they continued, they could find out more about the attack...

King Sneaky and Black were in the watch tower discussing plans when Lord Mountbatten arrived.
"Sir, Vallorn has arrived back. He says the Griefers are behind this!"
"Then we must set up the defenses. We're in Red Mode. All defenses are to be set up. The Griefers shall fail again." Sneaky replied.
"What about the search parties? What about Wokka? He's out in the forest!" Black said.
The three knew full well what Red Mode was.
The town's magic walls were set up, bouncing back anything, including magic, that hit them. This meant the only attacks possible were from the sky. The fire walls were set up outside of the magic walls, meaning anything that even tried to get to the magic walls would burn. These were the main procedures, among many others. They knew that the search parties, including Wokka and Taint, would be locked out if they went into Red Mode.
"That's true... We'll wait for a bit. But as soon as everyone's back, I want the town in Red Mode," Sneaky told Black and Mountbatten. Black, get back to the bell and ring it, signal that Vallorn has been found and all should return. Lord Mountbatten, be ready to to put the town into Red Mode as soon as everyone's in."
The two left quickly to their posts, and King Sneaky waited patiently, watching the fire edge closer.

Dark and Wokka fought through the forests, struggling to stand the heat. Wokka, now out of energy, was unable to help fight the raging fires. Finally, they reached an exit, where they stumbled out into an open area. They had reached Escapia.

As they rushed through the main gates, they found Lord Mountbatten waiting. "Lord Mountbatten, Wokka needs to rest! He used too much magic while we were searching for Vallorn!"
"Vallorn has been found, but we're ready to go into Red Mode. We just need a few more search parties to return, and we'll be locking down," Lord explained. "Take Wokka to a safe place and come back here. With Wokka out of magic, we'll need every Leader to put in their best efforts to go into Red Mode properly."
Dark did as he was told, and was off.
Suddenly, someone came running up to him. Lord turned defensively to a face he didn't quite recognise.
"Lord! I've come from one of the search parties! It has both Delphi and Milo! Everyone but I and three others in the search party were trapped by a flaming tree, they need help! Their magic isn't powerful enough to clear the flames!"
Now Lord recognised him. He was a traveller who had joined Escapia's people about a month earlier. He never revealed his name, but had earned the nickname of 'Undead Jesus', perhaps because he was so fascinated with magic, and often tried to recreate real magic with magic tricks. Many just called him Undead.
"I can't leave my post. Go search for Give and Beltom, get their help."
"Give and who?"
"Beltom... You know, the Leader who's been here for ages?"
"Can't say I know the name..."
"You'll know him when you see him. Just find them."
"Oh, and they said, if you need to, go into Red Mode without them," Undead Jesus said. "They said they'll stay hidden until it's safe."
Lord nodded and got back to work on counting heads and waiting to go into Red Mode.

"Give!"
Givemeabreak turned, hearing his name called. He found Undead calling for him.
"Give! It's Milo and Delphi! They need your help! They were leading a search party, and they've gotten trapped! They need your magic help to free them! Oh, and I need you to tell me who Beltom is."
"Who?"
"Beltom... Lord says he's a leader..."
"Ooh, I think I know who he is," Give responded.

The two rushed to the watch tower where Beltom was and called for his help. Beltom came down.
"Yes?"
"You're Beltom, right?" Give asked.
"Who?"
"Never mind, we need your help!" Undead cried. "Milo and Delphi have gotten trapped in the forest on the mountains. They need help getting free!"
The three headed out of Escapia, towards the mountains, in search of the trapped search party.

Finally, when everyone but Delphi and Milo's search party had arrived back, Lord called the order. Red Mode.
All the remaining Leaders assembled, and quickly sprung into action.
As Black lit the fires surrounding Escapia, Lord signalled the lock down with the bell, and the rest of the team cast the Cuboida spell over all important property. The citizens of Escapia were rushed to safe bunkers around the town. Finally, the Leaders assembled at the main gate and cast the final spell. On its own, the spell was weak, but when they all cast it together, the spell would create their powerful walls around the town. At the end, Sneaky cast his part of the spell, and the transparent walls were raised, blocking everything out of Escapia.
Sneaky and Black watched the fires burned, and realised they had gone into Red Mode just in time. Griefers came rushing down the hill, some already burning from the forest. The first wave of them rushed through the fires Black had lit, towards the town madly, but burnt before they reached the walls. The next wave of them weren't so stupid, and simply waited by the fires, throwing things at the walls, waiting for reinforcements.
"This will be a tough battle..." Sneaky muttered.

But after a while, they disappeared. Sneaky watched along with everyone else, as the Griefers fled, even though they appear to have clearly been able to break through the walls if they had to.
"Why are they retreating? They must have some other plan up their sleeves!" Sneaky cried.
"I don't get it..." Black muttered.
"Well, trick or not, we need to save the search party. I suggest we use this time to save Delphi, Milo, and the rest," Lord Mountbatten said, climbing down the ladder to the ground.

Beltom, Giveme and Undead made their way to the mountain, taking cover as the retreating horde of Grifers ran by.
Finally, they reached, the group, and Beltom and Giveme used their magic to free the group.

The search party arrived back, and the town was full again. The Griefers did not attack again that night, and all seemed well in Escapia...
But this was just the beginning. Something was coming, something big.

END OF CHAPTER
Chapter Two
Spoiler! :
When Lord Louis Mountbatten had the idea of creating CreepsUTrust, things in the second land of Escapia were turning bad. The creatures had begun their invasion into Central City, and the Griefers were constantly making attempts to fight.
So it wasn't until the townspeople crashed near what is now the third land of Escapia, that Mountbatten actually realised the opportunity he had.
With large a large sum of money that he had earned in his life before and during his time as a Leader in Escapia, Mountbatten had more than enough cash to start up his business.
The company was created secretly, far underground the city of Escapia, in a land known as Netheria. This land was so dangerous that very few dared to venture far down there, and so the CUT HQ remained safe.
But people began to wonder. The company of CUT began producing and buying many useful features for Escapia itself, and people began to wonder about the company. Conspiracy theories were made, and Mountbatten was faced with a number of nosy people who 'accidentally' fell from the HQ into the lava lake below it.
But CUT continued to grow.
To try and gain some greater publicity, Mountbatten paid Wokka and Sneaky to use their magic and create small portals that would take the citizens of Escapia to Netheria if they wished. After this, CUT was seen in an entirely new light - a good, happy company that wanted to help the people.
This was when CUT took the opportunity to attack Escapia itself. In a quick, slightly bloody battle, CUT took over the Escapian empire, sparking outrage by many members, including Mixizm, the head of ReCUT, a rebellion organisation.
Despite this rebellious group, CUT continued to grow, after inviting King Sneaky and a number of other Escapians to the company.
Records show that ReCUT disbanded after Mixizm and Vallorn resigned and joined CUT.
Mixizm also made a public statement, beginning a large theory over ReCUT's actual intentions. Supposedly, CUT had asked him to create ReCUT in order to appear cruel and therefore make CUT appear as the superior company.
Mixizm, however, quickly disappeared, and Mountbatten and Sneaky began negotiations again. The CUT propaganda was taken down from Escapia, and King Sneaky took control over the empire again, settling a number of people's concerns about the company.
However, CUT still works hard in the depths of Netheria, and many believe the company still owns Escapia.
So, when the Griefers attacked that strange night, Mountbatten knew that CUT had not done the best it could.

"As workers of CUT, your main goal now, is to defend the Escapian Empire, with the only higher priority being OUR company! You failed to spot the massive Griefer army!" he yelled to his employees.
"But Sir! Our machines didn't pick it up!" one of the workers responded.
"Well, you wouldn't know, you were too busy on Facebook! I have security cameras in your offices for a reason!"
"But..."
Lord pushed down on a button, and two pieces of steel wrapped around the worker's hands, locking him into the chair, which then proceeded to drop into the lava below. The floor was replaced, and a new chair fell from the roof to replace it.
"Now, I want you all on high alert! No more browsing facebook!" Lord yelled.

As the sun burnt down hot, Skunk and Sti made their way through the flatter, open areas of Escapia. They were travelling to trade with neighbouring areas, but it was always safer to stay in open areas. The Creatures bred in forest areas, and the Griefers hid in them. Every night, if you listened closely, you could hear the two clash.
They did their trading, and stayed the night, not wanting to travel in the darkness.
All seemed well for them, until they arrived back in Escapia.
At first, things seemed fine, but there was a strange emptiness in the streets. The two slowly made their way through the town, towards where they could hear some voices.
They reached the crowd quickly, and found themselves surrounded by nearly every citizen of Escapia, struggling to see whatever the commotion was.
"Make way!" Cho yelled, and a line was pushed through the crowd.
King Sneaky quickly strode to see whatever it was, and suddenly, Sti and Skunk were pushed to the side as Milo rushed into the crowd.
"NO!" he cried.
Skunk quickly pushed a path through the crowd, and finally saw it.

The airship was burning.

Lord made his way down to the HQ, his yelling voice ready.
"How did this happen?!?" he cried. "I'm paying you people diamonds for this, yet you constantly fail me!"
"I actually would prefer money..." one person began.
"Diamonds is what you're given!" Lord responded. He took a breath. "So, how did this happen?"
"That's exactly what I want to know," Sneaky walked into the room, accompanied by Wokka.
"How did you get in here?"
"We have the magic to get here. Your security measures are good, but not good enough to keep us out," Sneaky replied. "So, how exactly did this happen? According to Wokka, we had all our default Cuboida protection. That airship, that whole town, should be protected all the time. The security job that CUT is responsible for is making sure that nobody gets in to Escapia. You're to spot all enemies, all suspicous people, all unrecognised people for a massive radius from Escapia. Obviously you failed, but clearly you're not our only security issue. Somehow, the Griefers are bypassing the Cuboida spells."
"But, how do we stop them then?" Lord asked.
"Well, obviously we need a new way," said Wokka. "I suggest for now, we put Red Mode on, with a slight unsecured area that will allow our residents to to come and leave as they wish. I also suggest that we send a small team to check with other nearby empires. Find out if they've had any similar attacks."
"Why a small team? This issue could escalate quickly," Lord began.
One of the workers at CUT burst out laughing. "Hey, Louis, there's this hilarious picture of you on one of your boats!"
"SHUT UP DEREK!" Lord yelled. "We're busy!"
"Alright, but I'm liking and commenting."
"As I was saying, this could escalate quickly. We could find ourselves being completely destroyed. I suggest we send multiple teams to different areas, and if anyone else has similar problems, we can help each other. That's the best way to go, if you ask me."
"Well, we can't leave ourselves defenseless," Sneaky mentioned, "we'll need to be careful with our distribution of leaders."
"Then we find volunteer citizens," said Lord.
"Let's begin, then," Sneaky concluded.
Last edited by Skunk_Giant on 07 Jun 2014, 23:16, edited 22 times in total.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: The Prophecy of Escapecraft

Post by Iron_Fang » 26 Jul 2011, 16:34

i'll be up for it skunk =)

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 26 Jul 2011, 17:12

I love your writing style, and I'm not into the forum games too much.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 26 Jul 2011, 17:43

bwa ha ha! with my post for Game it is now a Tie! :twisted:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 26 Jul 2011, 18:36

Dude, chicks dig forum games.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 26 Jul 2011, 18:43

*votes for forum games*
*looks at pins last post*
*Feels like a reject*

In that order, nonetheless. but with my vote were tied again! :L

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 01:30

Game looks to be winning. Thanks for the compliment, Sti, but don't worry, I'll still do my best to write well, whether this is a game or a story. Look for more information on this in the coming days.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 27 Jul 2011, 02:37

GAMES

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jul 2011, 02:41

Blackadder51 wrote:GAMES
Well, i just got ninja'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 03:38

OK, gonna type an update up now.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 03:57

Welcome to Escapia.
The people of Escapia had lived in peace for years, following the Second Great Troll War that raged all across the lands of the Internet.
King SneakyPie had created a town like no other in the country of Craftmine, and was steadily expanding his empire as more and more people came to see the land.

But an evil force was growing...

HOW IT WILL PLAY

The game will have the same core feature of my other forum games - a choice at the end of most posts for characters.
However, this will be a much larger tale for the community.
Some characters may only have a couple of choices, others may have one nearly every post.
So, before the game begins, I ask you to make one of these choices.

I am happy to have SOME choices in the game, but please PM me whenever I need to make a choice.
I am happy to have SOME choices in the game, and will check regularly, don't worry about sending me a PM.
I want as many choices as possible, and will check regularly, don't worry about sending me a PM.

Unlike the other forum games, you will NOT be required to create a character sheet, so just make one of those choices, and I'll go from there.
If I don't know you well, don't expect a huge part in the story. It's nothing personal, just I don't know you. Likewise, if I DO know you well, you probably have a better chance of being a main character (if you wish). On the other hand, there will be those of you that I know very well, but may never or very rarely give you a choice. Even though this is a game, I want the story to be if good quality, so some of you might not get plenty of choices, just because that's how the story goes.

STORY

The story will be set in the town of Escapia, a town ruled by King Sneaky. Escapia was built soon after the Second Great Troll War.
King Sneaky's empire is steadily expanding, and is doing extremely well in the country of Craftmine, and therefore, the people if Escapia are also doing extremely well, living in peace.
But evil is brewing.
The people of Escapia will have to band together and make the right choices to save their home from the rare, but strong enemies of Escapia.
Do you have what it takes?

FAQ

Empty space is empty. Ask away!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 27 Jul 2011, 04:00

Well, I'll play along. You should already know I'm more of an architect than a fighter or trap-builder. ;)

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 04:12

So you're happy to have SOME choices without a PM?

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 27 Jul 2011, 04:29

Skunk_Giant wrote:I want as many choices as possible, and will check regularly, don't worry about sending me a PM.

Like I do work.

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 27 Jul 2011, 04:58

spot reserved

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 27 Jul 2011, 05:30

"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jul 2011, 06:09

HOPEFULLY my character wont be the first target for the villain this time...
Eekum Bokum

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 06:32

This is a tale of a city's struggle for survival, their fight for freedom and a normal life.
This is the story of how the city of Escapia was attacked, and not even the great Cuboida spell could save Sneaky's city from war.
This is the Prophecy of Escapecraft.

The nation of Craftmine was a fast growing one. Known for its great resources, many founders gathered there to create new cities upon its discovery by a man from Sweedland. And so, because of the great lands, empires were created quickly.
However, the founders were not smart in their lands. Despite the land being too crowded already, hundreds of founders were still creating settlements long after Craft's discovery.
The town of Escapia, however, was built shortly after Craftmine was deemed suitable for living. When the great King Sneaky, and his brother, Collin arrived and claimed their land, they had no idea how much Escapia would grow. As visitors flocked to Craftmine to see the sites, they stayed in Escapia, and many decided to never leave, but to spend their lives helping the empire grow.
But as the numbers rose, so did the criminals of Escapia.

The city of Escapia fell under multiple attacks by a large group known only as 'The Griefers', who were known for attacking a large amount of cities in Craftmine.
But Sneakypie would not stand for it. With his team of leaders, and the help of the watching townspeople, Sneaky brought down all who tried to harm Escapia.
But 'The Griefers' weren't the only enemies to harm Escapia.
After Escapia first expanded (and ultimately, the first section of the town became uninhabited), building New Central, a new enemy rose. Experts had detailed them in their solo journeys into the unexplored lands of Escapia, but now, this new enemy had reached populated areas, and quickly spread to Escapia.
These enemies were almost as powerful as 'The Griefers', and far outnumbered them. The enemies included a mix of humanoid archers, creatures resembling bloodthirsty zombies, giant spiders, and explosive creatures. These new animals, native to Craftmine, quickly struck, and Sneaky called an emergency town meeting, calling together all of the townspeople in the Town Forum.
After the townspeople agreed that second area of Escapia, known as Exitus, was far too dangerous, the area was evacuated, and was quarantined.
But the quarantine failed. Before they could get back to the first section of Escapia, Genesis, the creatures broke free of Exitus and attacked again. The townspeople, with no other choice, boarded a fleet of boats and fled the land, but were separated in a sudden storm.
One of the boats, the largest, sunk near an island, and the survivors set out to recreate their home.
The creatures of Exitus and Genesis were still present, but for now, they could build to accommodate security against the creatures.

And so, Terra, the third area of Escapia, was born. As more came to live in Escapia, King Sneaky saw the trouble of population, and set out to find another land, which was named Fyra. Around that time, Leader Haxx forged a deal with the King, offering his land to the Escapian Empire. And so, the land known as Futuria, of sky islands and other amazing environments was created.

Yes, the city of Escapia was going well... That is, until the enemies stuck.

Chapter One

Blackadder leaped over a small fence and ducked under a clothesline, rushing to the Town Centre.
Tonight was the meteor shower, and everyone in Escapia was gathering to watch. Finally, he arrived, and relaxed, his fear of being late, diminished.
"You excited?" asked Vallorn.
"Of course, who isn't?" Black responded.
As the shower began, the sky was lit up, and the crowd watched in awe.
Finally, the shower ended, and the people of Escapia partied, before leaving for their homes, exhausted from the long night.
As Black looked out of his window, he saw the candlelight of Escapia in the distance. He was on guard tonight, which meant instead of sleeping, he was to stay in the watchtower and keep a look out. His shift was to last three hours, and then he could sleep, while Lord Mountbatten, another leader of Escapia took over.
Despite taking a nap in the afternoon to prepare for this job, Black felt his eyes dropping, fatigue washing over him. He fought to stay awake, but soon felt himself falling back onto the soft chair behind him and letting his head drop. He was nearly asleep, when something pricked his ears up. There was a noise... In the distance.
He waited for a few minutes, and heard the noise again. It was a cry... a cry of fear?
He looked out to the source, and could tell it had come from the opposite direction of Escapia. The scream had come from the mountains, which were known to be harsh and dangerous in the darkness... If he ran, he could probably get to the base in less than twenty minutes...

Black

a) Go to the mountains, find the source of the cry.
b) Stay at your post. A Griefer or creature could attack at any moment!

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 Jul 2011, 06:48

YAY I SHOWED UP! :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 06:52

Yay! So, what should I put you down for, Vall? You up for a major part? :D

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 27 Jul 2011, 08:28

B)

Also, I want a telescope

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 27 Jul 2011, 08:42

I actully never read any of the stuff you wrote in the forum games or whatever it was :P
Lets see if this will intrigue me :D
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 Jul 2011, 08:55

Skunk_Giant wrote:Yay! So, what should I put you down for, Vall? You up for a major part? :D
let me think...
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 27 Jul 2011, 09:47

Hey, If its alright im up for it:)

Post by 697134002 » 27 Jul 2011, 09:52

I'm in.

Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Jul 2011, 10:21

Nice story so far skunk. Is the Raven empire going to make an appearance in this? Or other empires like USSR, Corinth or CUT for that matter?
Eekum Bokum

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 27 Jul 2011, 10:28

... a what the heck, put me up
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 27 Jul 2011, 10:44

btw from my earlier post, i am in!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 27 Jul 2011, 19:51

random980 wrote:Nice story so far skunk. Is the Raven empire going to make an appearance in this? Or other empires like USSR, Corinth or CUT for that matter?
CUT definitely will, and the others may as well. Stay tuned! :D

Alright, I'll add you all to the list. Hytro, no choices, but are you happy to be mentioned in it?

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 27 Jul 2011, 20:24

I'll be checking in regularly, sign me up! Like the story so far. Great writing as always. :D