The Prophecy of Escapecraft - Y u so new post?

A place for silliness and shenanigans.

Story, or Game?

Story
36%
Game
64%

Total votes: 66

vallorn

Re: The Prophecy of Escapecraft

Post by vallorn » 31 Jul 2011, 05:36

Skunk_Giant wrote:Ooh, pick me!
The reference is Doctor Who, right?
you get that cookie!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 31 Jul 2011, 07:44

Yay for more characters!
YAY 4 MOAR COOKEHS!
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 31 Jul 2011, 09:42

After a while, they disappeared. Sneaky watched along with everyone else, as the Griefers fled, even though they appear to have clearly been able to break through the walls if they had to.
"Why are they retreating? They must have some other plan up their sleeves!" Sneaky cried.
"I don't get it..." Black muttered.
"Well, trick or not, we need to save the search party. I suggest we use this time to save Delphi, Milo, and the rest," Lord Mountbatten said, climbing down the ladder to the ground.

Beltom, Giveme and Undead made their way to the mountain, taking cover as the retreating horde of Grifers ran by.
Finally, they reached, the group, and Beltom and Giveme used their magic to free the group.

The search party arrived back, and the town was full again. The Griefers did not attack again that night, and all seemed well in Escapia...
But this was just the beginning. Something was coming, something big.

END OF CHAPTER

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 31 Jul 2011, 09:43

Most chapters will be longer and more epic, but this was just an introduction to the story. The main story arc will begin in chapter two.

random980

Post by random980 » 31 Jul 2011, 09:49

Cant wait, also im hoping i make an appearance some time soon 8-)
(and mention Solar City will you :D )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 31 Jul 2011, 10:13

I'll try! :D

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 31 Jul 2011, 10:25

Can't wait for the next chapter. Really enjoying it so far :D
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 31 Jul 2011, 11:10

yes this is really good + what random said

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 31 Jul 2011, 11:11

Glad to see everyone's enjoying it! :D

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 31 Jul 2011, 12:13

ow and market plaza (it floats from different place to place, i am it's owner but dont live their) and draconax would be epic

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 31 Jul 2011, 12:22

please give MagmaVale and my wastland a mention! :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 31 Jul 2011, 14:01

Me like! Also, including memes into the story = win.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 01 Aug 2011, 11:20

Gonna finish The Family Act I, the mafia forum game, before I do this.
It's pretty close to done, and should probably be finished by the end of the week, so hopefully I can have a post up by the weekend.
The problem is, I'll have no internet access from next Monday for the majority of that week, so little to no updates during that week.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 01 Aug 2011, 16:22

:o Oh noes!
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 01 Aug 2011, 19:01

Don't worry, it'll be woth the wait. :D

I hope... :?

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 04 Aug 2011, 10:15

CHAPTER TWO

When Lord Louis Mountbatten had the idea of creating CreepsUTrust, things in the second land of Escapia were turning bad. The creatures had begun their invasion into Central City, and the Griefers were constantly making attempts to fight.
So it wasn't until the townspeople crashed near what is now the third land of Escapia, that Mountbatten actually realised the opportunity he had.
With large a large sum of money that he had earned in his life before and during his time as a Leader in Escapia, Mountbatten had more than enough cash to start up his business.
The company was created secretly, far underground the city of Escapia, in a land known as Netheria. This land was so dangerous that very few dared to venture far down there, and so the CUT HQ remained safe.
But people began to wonder. The company of CUT began producing and buying many useful features for Escapia itself, and people began to wonder about the company. Conspiracy theories were made, and Mountbatten was faced with a number of nosy people who 'accidentally' fell from the HQ into the lava lake below it.
But CUT continued to grow.
To try and gain some greater publicity, Mountbatten paid Wokka and Sneaky to use their magic and create small portals that would take the citizens of Escapia to Netheria if they wished. After this, CUT was seen in an entirely new light - a good, happy company that wanted to help the people.
This was when CUT took the opportunity to attack Escapia itself. In a quick, slightly bloody battle, CUT took over the Escapian empire, sparking outrage by many members, including Mixizm, the head of ReCUT, a rebellion organisation.
Despite this rebellious group, CUT continued to grow, after inviting King Sneaky and a number of other Escapians to the company.
Records show that ReCUT disbanded after Mixizm and Vallorn resigned and joined CUT.
Mixizm also made a public statement, beginning a large theory over ReCUT's actual intentions. Supposedly, CUT had asked him to create ReCUT in order to appear cruel and therefore make CUT appear as the superior company.
Mixizm, however, quickly disappeared, and Mountbatten and Sneaky began negotiations again. The CUT propaganda was taken down from Escapia, and King Sneaky took control over the empire again, settling a number of people's concerns about the company.
However, CUT still works hard in the depths of Netheria, and many believe the company still owns Escapia.
So, when the Griefers attacked that strange night, Mountbatten knew that CUT had not done the best it could.

"As workers of CUT, your main goal now, is to defend the Escapian Empire, with the only higher priority being OUR company! You failed to spot the massive Griefer army!" he yelled to his employees.
"But Sir! Our machines didn't pick it up!" one of the workers responded.
"Well, you wouldn't know, you were too busy on Facebook! I have security cameras in your offices for a reason!"
"But..."
Lord pushed down on a button, and two pieces of steel wrapped around the worker's hands, locking him into the chair, which then proceeded to drop into the lava below. The floor was replaced, and a new chair fell from the roof to replace it.
"Now, I want you all on high alert! No more browsing facebook!" Lord yelled.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 04 Aug 2011, 10:31

those darn kids and their faces in books! :x
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 04 Aug 2011, 10:36

I know, right? Ignoring Griefer invasions...

random980

Post by random980 » 04 Aug 2011, 10:42

i lol'd
Eekum Bokum

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 04 Aug 2011, 20:24

D you forget about me? >:3 im up for it. Count me in.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Aug 2011, 08:45

What type of player?

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 05 Aug 2011, 09:47

(reads through more Thoroughly)... Ah i see. Id like to jump on the bandwagon of normal choices.
Any chance of including Draconax's Founding >_> That was an interesting tale after it was burned to the ground in V2...
Last edited by arogon343 on 05 Aug 2011, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Aug 2011, 09:48

Alrighty. :D

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Aug 2011, 10:56

As the sun burnt down hot, Skunk and Sti made their way through the flatter, open areas of Escapia. They were travelling to trade with neighbouring areas, but it was always safer to stay in open areas. The Creatures bred in forest areas, and the Griefers hid in them. Every night, if you listened closely, you could hear the two clash.
They did their trading, and stayed the night, not wanting to travel in the darkness.
All seemed well for them, until they arrived back in Escapia.
At first, things seemed fine, but there was a strange emptiness in the streets. The two slowly made their way through the town, towards where they could hear some voices.
They reached the crowd quickly, and found themselves surrounded by nearly every citizen of Escapia, struggling to see whatever the commotion was.
"Make way!" Cho yelled, and a line was pushed through the crowd.
King Sneaky quickly strode to see whatever it was, and suddenly, Sti and Skunk were pushed to the side as Milo rushed into the crowd.
"NO!" he cried.
Skunk quickly pushed a path through the crowd, and finally saw it.

The airship was burning.

Lord made his way down to the HQ, his yelling voice ready.
"How did this happen?!?" he cried. "I'm paying you people diamonds for this, yet you constantly fail me!"
"I actually would prefer money..." one person began.
"Diamonds is what you're given!" Lord responded. He took a breath. "So, how did this happen?"
"That's exactly what I want to know," Sneaky walked into the room, accompanied by Wokka.
"How did you get in here?"
"We have the magic to get here. Your security measures are good, but not good enough to keep us out," Sneaky replied. "So, how exactly did this happen? According to Wokka, we had all our default Cuboida protection. That airship, that whole town, should be protected all the time. The security job that CUT is responsible for is making sure that nobody gets in to Escapia. You're to spot all enemies, all suspicous people, all unrecognised people for a massive radius from Escapia. Obviously you failed, but clearly you're not our only security issue. Somehow, the Griefers are bypassing the Cuboida spells."
"But, how do we stop them then?" Lord asked.
"Well, obviously we need a new way," said Wokka. "I suggest for now, we put Red Mode on, with a slight unsecured area that will allow our residents to to come and leave as they wish. I also suggest that we send a small team to check with other nearby empires. Find out if they've had any similar attacks."
"Why a small team? This issue could escalate quickly," Lord began.
One of the workers at CUT burst out laughing. "Hey, Louis, there's this hilarious picture of you on one of your boats!"
"SHUT UP DEREK!" Lord yelled. "We're busy!"
"Alright, but I'm liking and commenting."
"As I was saying, this could escalate quickly. We could find ourselves being completely destroyed. I suggest we send multiple teams to different areas, and if anyone else has similar problems, we can help each other. That's the best way to go, if you ask me."
"Well, we can't leave ourselves defenseless," Sneaky mentioned, "we'll need to be careful with our distribution of leaders."
"Then we find volunteer citizens," said Lord.
"Let's begin, then," Sneaky concluded.

So, who wants to be in a team to go travelling? You can just stay in Escapia and take part in other events if you wish.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 05 Aug 2011, 10:59

Bitches love travlling

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Aug 2011, 11:00

So that's a volunteer? :D

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 05 Aug 2011, 11:05

TO ADVENUTRE

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Aug 2011, 11:06

Well i doubt im going to be mentioned soon, so ill jump at this chance.
Eekum Bokum

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 05 Aug 2011, 11:24

You have my Lava! 8-)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 05 Aug 2011, 11:29

could i join the team travelling