The Island (Spots available - PM me)

A place for silliness and shenanigans.

The Island (Spots available - PM me)

Post by 697134002 » 29 Jun 2011, 13:24

Like Skunk's older two things, Z-Apocalypse and The Family.

They came in the night. They took you quickly, silently. They drugged you. You woke up on a plane, surrounded by other, equally confused, people. Your kidnappers entered the room through a heavily locked door. You recognized one of them. He was the secretary general of the United Nations.
No one had the courage to say anything. Finally, the secretary general spoke; "You are here as part of an experiment. We have found a wormhole, and it is linked to a world which is almost identical to ours - but 800 years behind us. The island we are approaching is where the wormhole is located. You will be sent to a small facility, equipped with medieval weapons, armour and instructors. Dismissed!"

You have been trained and sent out onto the island. Every once and a while, the location of the wormhole will change and items, food, or even people will appear on the island. These people speak a variety of the languages found in Medieval Europe.

Injuries will heal 5 health per day unless they are deep, in which case they will either not heal or make you lose health. The only way to heal injuries is to bandage them up.

Your goal is, at first, to survive. Another goal will be added when I expand the maximum amount of players.

Maximum Amount of Players: 4

Character Creation
You can only use Medieval-Era weaponry and clothing, so that the other planet does not become contaminated with our advanced technology.

Name:
Appearance (Your clothing must be medieval):
History (This, combined with personality, will determine how I choose to narrate you):
Personality:
Preferred Weapons (I will veto if overpowered. Keep time period in mind):

Stats
You have 40 points to spend on stats. The maximum amount of points per stat is 10.

Brute Strength:
Constitution (Health, starting = 50, regain from eating):
Stamina:
Intelligence:
Weapon Skill:
Awareness:
Threat (How much of a threat enemies think you are. High stats make you less threatening):

First come, first serve.
EricSmarties
Spoiler! :
Name: Dakota Alicante
Appearance: Frayed Black robe, kind of a an armor in assassins creed like but only carry a 2-3 weapons
History : Free runner has experience in knife throwing and sword fighting especially Italian. Easy to get along with but very serious when something goes on.
Personality: Funny guy but gets very attracted to killing straying towards sadism... Also intelligent and often calculates his next step.
Preferred Weapons : dual swords/blades also throwing knives

Brute Strength: 5
Constitution: 5
Stamina: 9
Intelligence: 7
Weapon Skill:8
Awareness: 4
Threat: 2
Skunk
Spoiler! :
Count me in!

Name: Nicholas Winder
Appearance: Long white overcoat. While this is a modern style of clothing, it's confused by the residents of the medieval world to be a short robe, so they think nothing of it.
History: As a child, Winder hated history, not understanding why the past mattered. However, soon after he began high school, Nicholas realised he had a huge love for the subject, specifically the Romans, the Crusades and the Renaissance. He studied hard, and soon became a well known historian, owning two of the greatest museums in the country. Nicholas believes this may be why he was taken, but doesn't know for sure.
Personality: Cheerful, but careful. As soon as someone starts to do something that could break an artifact or any other historical item, the cheer goes away. He's the same with anything else historical. He also tries to convert people to the way of history, often explaining to others how great it is.
Preferred Weapons: Bow and Arrows.

Stats

Constitution: 4
Stamina: 5
Intelligence: 9
Weapon Skill: 4
Awareness: 8
Threat: 5
Sir Luke
Spoiler! :
Name: Luke (I vetoed because you're not, technically, a knight. You're a guy dressed like one on an island)

Appearance: Chain mail with a white overcoat, a kettle helm with mail coif. The pattern on the white overcoat is white and green stripes with a black cross in the middle.

History: Luke always wanted to be a knight and now he gets his chance! In his childhood he spent most of his time playing on the computer, studying tactics, hating school, and playing airsoft/paintball. He is now 23 and is really enjoying this.

Personality: Shy although he isn't afraid of a good melee.

Preferred Weapons: Lance/halberd, bastard sword or hand and a half.

Stats
You have 40 points to spend on stats. The maximum amount of points per stat is 10.

Brute Strength: 7
Constitution (Health, starting = 50, regain from eating): 10
Stamina: 3
Intelligence: 10
Weapon Skill: 2
Awareness: 5
Threat:3
Stalke
Spoiler! :
Name: Atticus Finnigan
Appearance: Crusader Armour, strong, tall, brown hair.
History: He is the only son of the Finnigan family. His dad is a renowned psychologist and his mother was a house wife. The Finnigan family weren't well known until Jeremy Finnigan, Atticus's father was well known psychologist. They are considered one of the noblest families in the world.
Personality: He is a kind, cool headed, emmiting with a holy spirit, funny man.
Preferred Weapons: He uses a shield and a long sword that are both etched with his family seal.

Stats

Brute Strength:8
Constitution 7
Stamina:7
Intelligence:5
Weapon Skill:7
Awareness:5
Threat:1
Last edited by 697134002 on 16 Sep 2011, 16:59, edited 9 times in total.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

EricSmarties

Re: The Island

Post by EricSmarties » 29 Jun 2011, 13:53

hey 6 save me a spot untill ihave filled it out please? :)

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 29 Jun 2011, 14:17

Name: Dakota Alicante
Appearance: Frayed Black robe, kind of a an armor in assassins creed like but only carry a 2-3 weapons
History : Free runner has experience in knife throwing and sword fighting especially Italian. Easy to get along with but very serious when something goes on. Now he is forced to become an assassin and the free running is helping majorly.
Personality: Funny guy but gets very attracted to killing straying towards sadism... Also very intelligent and always calculates his next step.
Preferred Weapons : dual swords/blades also throwing knifes

Brute Strength: +5
Constitution (Health, starting = 50, regain from eating): +5
Stamina: +9
Intelligence: +7
Weapon Skill:+8
Awareness: +4
Threat (How much of a threat enemies think you are. High stats make you less threatening): +2
Last edited by EricSmarties on 29 Jun 2011, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 29 Jun 2011, 14:17

is all that okay? :D

Post by 697134002 » 29 Jun 2011, 14:28

Not quite. You have 2 points too many. And you're a guy kidnapped by the United Nations in the 21st century... so you can't be an assassin. You can be a sadist, though.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 29 Jun 2011, 14:35

You have been trained and sent out onto the island.
It says that though and sure sadism is awesome. >:)
Also it doesnt not let me delete any previous posts. :S

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 16:30

Count me in! :D

Name: Nicholas Winder
Appearance: Long white overcoat. While this is a modern style of clothing, it's confused by the residents of the medieval world to be a short robe, so they think nothing of it.
History: As a child, Winder hated history, not understanding why the past mattered. However, soon after he began high school, Nicholas realised he had a huge love for the subject, specifically the Romans, the Crusades and the Renaissance. He studied hard, and soon became a well known historian, owning two of the greatest museums in the country. Nicholas believes this may be why he was taken, but doesn't know for sure.
Personality: Cheerful, but careful. As soon as someone starts to do something that could break an artifact or any other historical item, the cheer goes away. He's the same with anything else historical. He also tries to convert people to the way of history, often explaining to others how great it is.
Preferred Weapons: Bow and Arrows.

Stats

Constitution: 4
Stamina: 5
Intelligence: 9
Weapon Skill: 4
Awareness: 8
Threat: 5
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Sir_Luke

Re: The Island (2 spots left)

Post by Sir_Luke » 01 Jul 2011, 12:18

COUNT ME IN

Name: Sir Luke

Appearance: Chain mail with a white overcoat, a kettle helm with mail coif. The pattern on the white overcoat is white and green stripes with a black cross in the middle.

History: Luke always wanted to be a knight and now he gets his chance! In his childhood he spent most of his time playing on the computer, studying tactics, hating school, and playing airsoft/paintball. He is now 23 and is really enjoying this.

Personality: Shy although he isn't afraid of a good melee.

Preferred Weapons: Lance/halberd, bastard sword or hand and a half.

Stats

Brute Strength: 7
Constitution (Health, starting = 50, regain from eating): 10
Stamina: 3
Intelligence: 10
Weapon Skill: 2
Awareness: 5
Threat:3
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Re: The Island (1 spot left)

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jul 2011, 20:13

Part I

The three dropped off on the island looked around. There had been almost a hundred at the training facility, but now there were only three. They had been drugged then dropped off, so the last thing they remembered was getting outfitted to go out to the island. Just a bit inland, by the trees, Nicholas Winder noticed some soldiers watching them. He nudged the other two, getting their attention and pointing them out.
"Just imagine... these people are from a time where they have none of our modern conveniences! They feel okay stranded out here, but we are out of our element! And we must seem as odd to them as they seem to us!"

The other two looked at Nicholas with an incredulous expression on their faces - How could anyone be thinking about THAT when their lives were in direct danger?

Dakota, Nicholas and Luke
A): Fight the soldiers
B): Head north along the coast
C): Head south along the coast
D): Talk to the soldiers

EricSmarties

Re: The Island (Spots available - PM me)

Post by EricSmarties » 05 Jul 2011, 06:36

B) :D

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 05 Jul 2011, 10:00

D) but be ready to attack or run if they turn hostile.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 05 Jul 2011, 13:23

D) But why can't I be a knight? What if I was a knight from some land they never heard of?

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 05 Jul 2011, 13:50

but they probably wont speak our language and attack us wouldnt it be better if we should find out where we are?

Post by 697134002 » 05 Jul 2011, 14:11

Part I-A

Luke, you're a person plucked from their homes in the middle of the night by the government. There are no knights in modern society...

Nicholas and Luke head towards the trees to meet the soldiers. One of the soldiers reached for a bow, while the other unsheathed his short sword and reached for a shield.
The archer shouted out something in a strange language. Nicholas, who was skilled in all Medieval tongues, understood perfectly.
"They are asking us what we are doing here," Nicholas told Luke.
Luke looked at Nicholas incredulously; "They don't wonder what THEY are doing here?"
Nicholas shook his head and replied to the soldiers, in their tongue, "We seek no quarrel with you. We merely wish to find out how you and others like you got here."
Nicholas began whispering what he had said to Luke, but noticed movement to the side. "Ready yourself. They are hostile."

The man with the sword and shield rushed at Nicholas, who quickly took up his bow and shot the man in the stomach, doubling him over. Luke rushed over and put his bastard sword into the man's spine, then turned his attention to the archer. He rushed forward, and right before the archer fired, he jumped to the left. The arrow grazed his right arm (-5 Health), but he managed to smash the archer in the face with the hilt of his sword.
Nicholas turned his attention to what was happening further south along the beach, and just narrowly missed an archer, who in turn fired an arrow right back at Nicholas, whizzing past his cheek and making a small cut in his ear (-1 Health). He fired back at the archer, and this time the arrow embedded itself in the archer's light leather armour, knocking him back .
A final soldier ran out of the forest, slamming his longsword down at Luke, who quickly raised his sword up horizontally to block the blow. The soldier feinted a thrust to Luke's right, which Luke saw as a feint and, rather than parry the incoming blow at his left, Luke kicked the soldier in the stomach, knocking him back and giving enough time for him to thrust his sword into the man's chest.

Nicholas and Luke
A): Head further inland
B): Loot the bodies
C): Head north along the coast
D): Head south along the coast

Dakota wandered up the coast, hearing the distant sounds of battle behind him. He didn't rush to the others' aid, however. He just kept walking.
Soon, he came upon a wild boar, likely brought in by the wormhole and confused by the scenery. He threw both his knives, hitting the boar dead-center in the eyes. It fell over, dead. Dakota gutted it and put the meat in his backpack, continuing along the coast until dusk.

Dakota
A): Make camp and cook some of the boar meat
B): Continue north through the night
C): Head inland

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 05 Jul 2011, 14:32

I think ill go with b)

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 05 Jul 2011, 15:25

I'll go with B) and by the way, being a translator, Skunk, you are invaluable to me! Why can't I pretend to be a knight? Nobody on the island would know any better.

Post by 697134002 » 05 Jul 2011, 15:27

Sir_Luke wrote:I'll go with B) and by the way, being a translator, Skunk, you are invaluable to me! Why can't I pretend to be a knight? Nobody on the island would know any better.
You can introduce yourself as such, but you are not, actually, a Knight. Or do you mean you will just introduce yourself as 'Sir Luke'?

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 05 Jul 2011, 15:48

I mean, nobody on the island would care if I pretended to be a knight. Because, knights are cool.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 06 Jul 2011, 12:08

Sir_Luke wrote:I mean, nobody on the island would care if I pretended to be a knight. Because, knights are cool.
Dude knights are lame.. they just rape children, women, men, slaves, priests and beggars.
Assassins are way cooler if you ask me :P

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 06 Jul 2011, 12:21

EricSmarties wrote:
Sir_Luke wrote:I mean, nobody on the island would care if I pretended to be a knight. Because, knights are cool.
Dude knights are lame.. they just rape children, women, men, slaves, priests and beggars.

Last I checked it was priest who did all of that. I'm a good knight anyway.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 06 Jul 2011, 12:28

Sir_Luke wrote:
EricSmarties wrote:

Last I checked it was priest who did all of that. I'm a good knight anyway.
thats what they all say ;)

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 06 Jul 2011, 19:12

Sorry, still have limited wifi... I'll go with B).

Post by 697134002 » 06 Jul 2011, 20:45

Part I-B

Nicholas and Luke spread out across the battlefield, searching the bodies, taking their clothes and searching them inside out, until finally dumping them into the sea. Nicholas, being very aware of everything, gathered every single arrow, even the one that almost killed him. Luke, on the other hand, found food and took all the armour and clothing.

Gained
-Arrows
-2 Quivers
-2 Small salted chicken breasts
-3 Chainmail (Body)
-1 Chainmail (Leggings)
-3 Shirts
-3 Pants
-2 Longswords
-1 Shield
-1 Leather Body

The two of them made camp when night fell, using the clothing from the dead men as blankets and the shield, leather body and quivers for a makeshift tent.

Dakota continued walking through the night, his great stamina keeping him moving until he ran into a large group of French crusaders relocated by the wormhole. The little French he knew would likely not help him, he figured.
"Bonjour," he greeted the Knights.
The one in front, covered head to toe in plate armour, unsheathed his claymore from his back. Dakota, examining the other knights, barely had enough time to jump back before the massive sword whistled past his chest. Dakota grabbed his throwing knives and back-pedalled, verifying that none of the crusaders were archers.
None of them were. Dakota threw one knife straight into the eye of a knight on the far right, who was reaching for a shield. That knight fell dead immediately. His other knife whistled past the head of the claymore-weilder, causing him to watch where it went. A small crab was crushed by a knight's dead weight.
The claymore-wielder shouted something to his companions, and the five other knights began encircling Dakota. Not caught unawares, Dakota dived past the claymore-weilder, narrowly missing a fatal blow to the head, and retrieved one of his throwing knives. He threw it dead-center into the snarling mouth of the claymore-weilder, dropping him to the ground with a mortal wound. The other five knights now formed a pentagon around Dakota.

Dakoka
A): Run into the forest, make a little loop, and come back to loot the bodies, then camp
B): Head north and camp
C): Head south and camp
D): Head inland and camp

For the other two, when Dakota makes camp a new day will be here and you will have more options again, as well as a new person at the starting area.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jul 2011, 06:59

A) :d

Post by 697134002 » 07 Jul 2011, 11:50

Part I-C

Dakota ran into the forest, two of the knights pursuing him. He darted past trees, bushes and corpses until he was half a kilometre south of where the knights had confronted him.
He walked along the beach until around 3 am, until - finally - he reached the battlefield. He began searching the bodies, and eventually realized something was wrong. There were more bodies than people he had killed. Dakota jumped back when the body he was about to search stood up, brandishing a short sword and shield.
Dakota took careful measure of his opponent, watching to see if he was going to throw the sword at him and grab another. He didn't.
Dakota rushed forward, reaching around the shield with one of his twin daggers, the blade tantalizingly close to the man's arm. The man pulled his shield arm back, ripping the blade out of Dakota's hand and bruising his wrist. Dakota leaped onto the shield, pushing the man backwards, and retrieved his dagger.
The man quickly regained his feet, rushing forward, shield leading the way.
Dakota braced for impact, both his daggers pointed, slightly angled outwards, at the shield. At the last second, the man moved his shield out of the way, revealing a sword aimed at Dakota's chest. Dakota quickly leaped to the side, not expecting this, but didn't escape without injury. The sword entered his side, ripping a fair amount of tissue before pulling out. (-30)
Dakota winced, hiding greater pain, and leaped forward, daggers pointing like snake fangs. The French crusader looked back towards him a moment too late, his heart pierced by cold steel. But he had survived.
Dakota looted the bodies, then made camp and slept for the rest of the night.

Gained:
-1 Claymore
-2 Swords
-1 Shield
-2 Chainmail (Body)
-1 Chainmail (Leggings)
-3 Shirts
-3 Pants

Nicholas and Luke slept off the minor injuries and felt as good as new by morning.
Dakota didn't get better, but didn't deteriorate, either.

The morning will happen when I get back from vacation. I'm leaving Friday morning.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jul 2011, 11:55

how much do i need to eat to regain 30 health?

Post by 697134002 » 07 Jul 2011, 12:08

EricSmarties wrote:how much do i need to eat to regain 30 health?
You'll get a choice. Also, review everything you collected. You can wear some of their clothing, armour or use their weapons.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jul 2011, 12:16

ill wear the chain mail and use the two swords also ill cary the claymoar strapped on my back and leave the rest.

Post by 697134002 » 07 Jul 2011, 12:20

Good thing you have good stamina - that's a lot!

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 07 Jul 2011, 12:21

697134002 wrote:Good thing you have good stamina - that's a lot!
hehe ;) but -30 health is pretty bad D: