Invasion! Nao back on track :D

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Pinmissile
Retired

Re: Invasion! Nao back on track :D

Post by Pinmissile » 19 Jun 2011, 04:50

Paul died of old age inbetween the updates.

Paul quickly realised that this is a battle that can't be won considering the amount of creatures that've spawned from whatever object that just hit the building and the hordes that were emerging from the other impact sites.
This was an invasion, and Paul was not keen on sticking around in the middle of a warzone. Best bet was to find a ship and get the hell out of there.

Paul urged the rest of the group to find a ship. Sticking with the group seemed like the best way not to end up dead.

E: Stick with Nathan and urge the group to find a ship and escape.

Spoiler! :
Next part next month I presume?

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 19 Jun 2011, 13:37

Skunk_Giant wrote:Can we hold them off until the others escape, then leave?
second that ill stick close to my buddy nathan ;)

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 19 Jun 2011, 14:10

im following Nathan and Blade. i could help if they need some brute strength.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 20 Jun 2011, 16:11

Sorry about Not posting for a while. my Exams realy put a spanner in the works.
Anyways its all back on track now and ill aim to post every 2-3 days.
Though you'll have to post fast :P (snails pace)

Righto.

Blink Got to the door well before anyone else even turned that corner in the stairwell. Knowing he couldn't open the door he burst through the window on the door and flew in the air above the diner. it was then that the scale of what was happening became apparent.
Smoke and flames arose from every skyscraper in sight. Gigantic jagged holes were torn all through the city as if it were made of glass. once mighty structures that dominated the skyline for miles now were either ablaze or crumbling into the streets filled with the dead or panicked crowds of people, surging this way and that in a futile attempt to escape the destruction.
Huge monolithic structures now were scattered through the skies. There massive metallic hulls casting entire city blocks into flaming shadow. More of the drop ships fell from the underside of the monoliths like steel rain that coated streets in seething masses of chittering creatures.

Nathan decided to cover the rest of the peoples escape but he was running low on ammo, the reassuring grunt of the psyker behind him kept him fighting though, he was kicking and firing wildly into the crowd, the stragglers being quickly silenced by blade.
Misty raced up the stairs after the little robot but she stopped in her tracks when a little chittering beast emerged from the wall which appeared to be steaming a sickly yellow fume from the hole calved by the creature. It reared up ready to strike and the cyborg couldn’t get past her to stop it.
Blink:
A: Help the reat of the team members
B: flee
C: other
MISTY:
A: Kill it. Willpower test
B: scream
C: Try to get behind the robed man
D: other
Nathan, Blade and vallorn:
A: Keep holding them off! By any means necessary!
B: fall back to the door
C: fall back up the stairs
D: Run
E: Other
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 20 Jun 2011, 16:35

Blink Got to the door well before anyone else even turned that corner in the stairwell
Door? But I was on the roof. Also I can fly.
B: flee
I remind you that my fellowship stat is zero, and that I can outrun all of you.

Cya, have fun with the whole apocalypse thing. I'll come back when things die down to scavenge for my battery pack.

*I rose up another 50 feet into the air and engaged my main accelerators. Seconds later a deafening explosion filled the air as I reach supersonic speeds. I flew towards a major settlement on the coastline, weighing up the pros and cons of alerting my former owners in military reconnaissance about the situation. On the one hand military intervention would almost certainly clear out the infestation, and probably save some of the squishies humans still trapped there. But it would also raise akward questions, like why I was 3 continents away from my last registered work assignment, or why information on my most recent repair proceedures had been deleted from my storage drives, or perhaps most troublesome; why I was installed with a top secret government issue prototype nano thruster.*
The staff here are all trolls

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 20 Jun 2011, 17:25

C.) "Get Behind the Old man"

Awwww right =D

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 20 Jun 2011, 17:46

C) but in good order and il bring down the wall on em as we retreat (surprisingly easy if its been damaged already)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 21 Jun 2011, 00:51

C)

I'll keep my gun ready, but only fire if I have to. I don't want to waste all my ammo.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 21 Jun 2011, 01:50

C :D cause im giving help to the other two !

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 21 Jun 2011, 05:49

Jake55778 wrote:But it would also raise akward questions, like why I was 3 continents away from my last registered work assignment, or why information on my most recent repair proceedures had been deleted from my storage drives, or perhaps most troublesome; why I was installed with a top secret government issue prototype nano thruster.*
If only there were a robotics expert in this group!

:roll:

I feel like such a third wheel. My character can't fight or fly. =(
I don't have boobs either.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 09 Jul 2011, 11:08

WInner. My personal life has quitened down now so i have tme to do things i can get back on track....honest....no...really.... ._.

Blink enaged its thrusters and sped far away fom the carnage. The sounds of screaming and the thunder of gunfire fading quickly as the countryside and sky rushed towards him. Blink could see himself escaping the planet now. Theres plenty of other colonised planets out there that would probably not have the same issue as this one. Blinks processes were interrupted by a flash of light that narrowly missed his lense. Blinks vision was blurred as his light receptors re adjusted after the flash and he barely saw the ship that was hurtling towards him. Blink threw himself to the right, twisting through the air. A sense close to relief surged through blink as the ship sped past him. Though he felt himself jerked backwards suddenly as he was sucked into the ships engine. Vanishing into the cylindrical engine.
Nathan backed up the stairs onto the roof, loosing some of hs last few shots into the seething mass of xenos, pushing past misty and stamping the life out of the chitering ceature that was blocking the stairway. Misty clung to nathan as her friend the robot had deserted her.
The psyker and blade back up the stairwell last after the cyborg, keeping the creatures back by any means necessary. Giving one last surge of strength, the psyker threw the creatures back to give himself enough time to close the door. Slumping against the door frame, exhausted.
The survivors now looked across the burning city of Molas.
The only thing on the small diners ruined roof was a hover car that had been left tom rust.
The breif respite was interrupted by a looming aircraft that revealed itself from behind a crumblinf skyscraper.

I will leave it to you to decide what you do next.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Jul 2011, 11:16

Try our phone signals. See if we can contact anyone or find out if this is happening all over the planet.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 10 Jul 2011, 09:28

Guys? Big ship, it's a way out of this hellhole, Vall's char can't keep them off forever. Let's ditch this planet.
Last edited by Pinmissile on 10 Jul 2011, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 10 Jul 2011, 10:33

im gonna have a rest (mind powers use a lot of energy) then im gonna have a loot around of the room (like a look about but with more taking of anything not nailed down) :)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:26

he was sucked into the ships engine. Vanishing into the cylindrical engine.
Oi quit trying to kill off my character.

*Struggling hard against the pull of the ship's engines Blink pushed his forward thrusters as far as they would go. Still it was not enough as inch by inch the deadly fan blades loomed closer. Running some swift calculations Blink overrode the safety ristrictions on his power core, pushing the thrusters to dangerous levels. The extra force was enough to hold himself barely out of the reach of the spinning blades, but the heat from his thrusters was building up rapidly with the safetly ristrictions disabled. Even operating far beyond his maximum thrust Blink could not escape the pull of the much larger ship, and in a matter of seconds the heat build up from his thrusters would melt his central processor.
He had exhasted all other options. It was time to find out if this prototype nano thruster was worth the risked he'd taken to obtain it.
Blink paused for several CPU cycles, a fraction of a second; the machine equivalent of a deep breath, then routed all available power to the nano thruster. Instantly Blink was thrown forward at tremendous acceleration. He was clear of the ship's engine and into high orbit in less than a second and racing faster than he had ever been in his existance. The G force was crushingly powerful, even for a robot designed to withstand far more than any organic being. Had he been at lower altitudes the atmospheric friction would have burnt him to a crisp. The strain of the acceleration dented his front plating and ripped away guidance fins from his body, causing him to spin eratically.
Error warnings fogged Blink's optics displays as he fought to maintain some semblance of control. He finally managed to signal a hard reset and kill all power to the nano drive.
Almost in slow motion Blink seemed to fall back to Earth. As his central processor came back online he was able to assess the damage. All his power reserves were drained, including his two reserve battery packs, he was running on emergency power now; with barely enough for the secondary thrusters. His exhast vents had been melted completely trying to keep up with the drive, and he'd lost two guidance fins and his long range antenae. His memory and storage drives were undamaged however, and his sensors had recorded everything. In the 5.89 seconds the drive had be active he had accelerated to almost 13% of light speed.
As Blink finally reached the ground he activated his distress beacon and started to power down. By incredible fortune he had landed only a few dozen miles from where he had started. He only had enough energy to remain functional for another 6 hours, and nowhere near enough to activate his thrusters. His last act before shutting off all non essential functions was to check the nano thruster logs. If Blink had the power or personality software necessary to register astonishment he certainly would have.
...Apparently his little misadventure had been utilizing less than a quarter of the drive's full capacity.*

TL:DR
Fast nano thruster is fast. Crash landed in the desert somewhere. Rescue plz
The staff here are all trolls

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 10 Jul 2011, 11:29

vallorn wrote:im gonna have a rest (mind powers use a lot of energy) then im gonna have a loot around of the room (like a look about but with more taking of anything not nailed down) :)
I think ill stay with you and nathan :P