Escapia's Intergalactic Explorers - RP Adventure

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
BigC_1

Escapia's Intergalactic Explorers - RP Adventure

Post by BigC_1 » 29 Nov 2013, 21:41

Escapia’s Intergalactic Explorers League (EIEL)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RUN IS FOR TRIAL AND ERROR, SO THINGS MAY BE TOO COMPLICATED, OP, ETC. ALL THE ERRORS AND CHANGES WILL BE MADE IN THE SECOND VERSION, IF ANY. SO IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, POST HERE OR PM.

Listen up Escapians! Escapia has been funding an intergalactic space exploration program, which has been named Escapia’s Intergalactic Explorers League (EIEL), and the research and development has finally been completed. We need bold, strong, and intelligent people, like you, to lead a ship and crew on missions. If your good enough, you might begin to direct fleets of our ships.

What is EIEL?

Escapia’s Intergalactic Explorers League is a role-play adventure based in Escapecraft’s Starmade universe, and you will create a character to your liking who will become a captain of a basic ship. As the story progress you will be promoted, and you will direct better ships. The fate of your character is decided by the attributes that he/she has, and your character’s decisions could result in a crew members dying, you being promoted, or an all out war. Don’t worry if your character dies in the story, you can always make a new one. Also, any faction from the Starmade server can be added to this adventure if your faction leader/leaders approves it. After maybe a week or so I will create a story based off what happens to everyone’s character, ship, and crew.

How to Participate:
Character Creation Post Format:
Spoiler! :
Character Name:
Character Gender:
Character Description:
Each Skill with Points:
Ship Name:
Ship Specialty:
Crew:
Character Creation Rules:
Spoiler! :
1. Your character has to have a name that isn’t your in-game name, and the name must be realistic.
2. All characters have 20 personality points to start with.
3. You may only have one character at a time.
Character Creation Steps:
Spoiler! :
Make sure to use the format when posting! The first step is to design a character. Your character will need a name, gender and a description. Your character will be given 20 personality points to use on personality skills. After building your character you will need a ship and crew. All new players get the same ship at no cost, and the same goes for your starting crew; however, you must choose your crew. You may pick up to 10 units for your ship because that is your ship's limit. You will receive more money for better units, ships, etc. in the future.
How to Play:
Spoiler! :
Step 1: Go to http://www.random.org.
Step 2: Set the max to 30.
Step 3: PM the first 4 numbers that are generated. The first number is used to determine what happens to your character. The second number determines what happens to the ship. The third number determines what happens to the crew. The fourth number determines what happens to everyone.
Step 4: Wait. During this time I will gather everyone's data, and write a story based on these random events, and you will receive a PM about the changes in your character crew, etc. but you won't know why in the PM.
Step 5: Check back to see if I have posted the next story. If I have, you may repeat the process.
How it Works:
Spoiler! :
You might be wondering how I'm going to make the story based off numbers. Well I have a guide that I will be using to determine what happens based off the number, the character, ship, etc. Such as a number that is higher might have a different effect compared to a number that has a low value.
Personality Skills: (All personality skills max out at 30 points, and skill points are obtained through different methods.)
Spoiler! :
Intelligence (Your character thinks smarter, and he/she makes better choices.)
Charisma (Your character’s crew and anyone else that he/she has authority over, will be more likely to obey your character.)
Dexterity (Your character fights better in combat, and it also makes he/she more clever.)
Agility (Your character makes decisions faster, and fights faster in combat.
Strength (Your character is throws harder blows in hand-to-hand combat, and is more effective in other situations that require strength.)
Toughness (Your character is harder to break in interrogations, and he/she can last longer when sick or injured. It also allows your character to last longer in combat.)
Ship Specialty: (Information on each division is at the bottom of the OP)
Spoiler! :
Combat (All combat units receive boosts in combat situations.)
Research (All research units receive a boost in their research speed.)
Repair (All repair units receive a boost in repair speed.)
Crew Units:
Spoiler! :
Basic Soldier (Combat Unit)
Basic Starship Pilot (Combat/Engineer Unit) ONE REQUIRED PER SHIP
Basic Engineer (Repair Unit)
Basic Scientist (Research Unit)
Basic Starfighter Pilot (Combat/Engineer Unit) The Starter Ship can only hold 2 starfighters.
Character List:
Spoiler! :
Name: Gary Peterman, Male, Age 36 (BigC_1) Rank: 1 (Jr. Captain)
Money: $0
I:3
C:5
D:3
A:2
S:3
T:4
Ship: The SonicBoom (Combat) (Basic Ship)
Crew: 2 Basic Scientists, 2 Basic Engineers, 1 Basic Starship Pilot, 2 Basic Starfighter Pilots, 3 Basic Soldiers

Name: Captain "Granite" Alvisson, Male, Age 32 (LS13) Rank: 1 (Jr. Captain)
I:5
C:1
D:4
A:4
S:1
T:5
Ship: Fenrir (Combat) (Basic Ship)
Crew: 3 Basic Engineers, 2 Basic Starfighter Pilots, 4 Basic Soldiers, 1 Basic Starship Pilot

Name: PIR-8, N/A, N/A (RobipodSupreme) Rank: 1 (Jr. Captain)
C:1
D:4
A:3
S:4
T:3
Ship: The Binary Pigeon (Repair) (Basic Ship)
Crew: 2 Basic Starship Pilots, 3 Basic Engineers, 2 Starfighter Pilots, 2 Basic Scientists, 1 Basic Soldier

Name: Captain Roy "Savage" Parsons, Male, N/A (sag185) Rank: 1 (Jr. Captain)
C:2
D:2
A:2
S:4
T:5
Ship: Savage Judgement (Combat) (Basic Ship)
Crew: 1 Basic Starship Pilot, 1 Basic Scientist, 2 Basic Engineers, 2 Basic Starfighter Pilots, 4 Basic Soldiers

Name: Rogue Trader Lady Stark, Female, N/A (Iron_Fang) Rank: 1 (Jr. Captain)
I:4
C:5
D:2
A:5
S:2
T:2
Ship: The Wolf that Stalks the Stars (Combat) (Basic Ship)
Crew: 1 Basic Starship Pilot, 1 Basic Scientist, 2 Basic Engineers, 2 Basic Starfighter Pilots, 4 Basic Soldiers
EDIT:
Information on Combat, Research, and Repair:
Spoiler! :
When you decide on the focus of your ship and its crew think about the three divisions: Combat, Research, and Repair. Each has its own disadvantages and advantages, but you always want to include each of the divisions upon your ship for the maximum opportunity to profit.
Combat:
Spoiler! :
Combat is one of the simplest ways to earn money, but it is also the most dangerous. As a part of the combat division, you and your crew must battle your way to riches, but you also have to defend yourself. You could run into pirates or even start a war, but taking out these enemy ships will give you and your crew a lot of loot because you can sell their ship for scrap and take the goods. Combat might sound fun at first, but battling too much could run you into some trouble because the next thing you know, you could have a large bounty on your head. So with that said, you might want to resort to other divisions for some extra profits.
Research:
Spoiler! :
Research takes a lot of time, but you could earn the big bucks from this division because your research team's data could lead to new discoveries and inventions. You always need to keep your scientists safe because word gets around about their success, and others might want a new genius around. So you might want to keep your researchers safe.
Repair:
Spoiler! :
The repair division is extremely important, and they're important to any ship because without them, who's going to warn you about the reactor overheating? The repair division isn't only for maintenance on your own ship, but you could lend your engineers to others. Lending them to others can speed up the repair process for someone else, and bring in some quick cash for you.
Last edited by BigC_1 on 02 Dec 2013, 18:14, edited 4 times in total.
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

LS13
Retired

Re: Escapia's Intergalactic Explorers - RP Adventure

Post by LS13 » 29 Nov 2013, 22:36

Sweet, ok let's get started:

Character Name: Captain "Granite" Alvisson

Character Gender: Male

Character Description: A shrewd tactician, Alvisson uses more finesse than brute force to sway battles. He is a rather secretive man, believing that personal information should only be given out when absolutely necessary. As a result, no one seems to know his true first name; instead, his crew refers to him as "Granite" due to his rock hard determination and extremely well practiced poker face that gives away nothing. He is an average height man, who looks to be in his mid 30's to 40's. Before joining the EIEL, he owned his own ship which he supposedly used for perfectly legal cargo transport, though the fact that it was a popular model of ship for smugglers suggests he did not always stay on the law abiding side of life. He is a notoriously good gunslinger, both with his trusty laser pistol and with the rudimentary AMC's on board his cargo ship. Due to his experience as a skilled pilot and fighter, he is going to captain a combat ship.

Each Skill with Points:
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 1
Dexterity:4
Agility:4
Strength:1
Toughness: 5

Ship Name: Fenrir

Ship Specialty: Combat

Crew:
3 Basic Engineer
3 Basic Starfighter Pilot
4 Basic Soldier

EDIT: Oh and should I go ahead and generate those numbers?
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 29 Nov 2013, 22:51

LS13 wrote:
EDIT: Oh and should I go ahead and generate those numbers?
Whenever you are ready!
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 30 Nov 2013, 00:59

Added information on combat, research, and repair because I forgot to.
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 30 Nov 2013, 04:37

Character Name: Professional Intelligence & Reconnaissance unit 8 (PIR-8)

Character Gender: N/A

Character Description: Built long ago for a war that never took place, PIR-8 was designed for long range reconnaissance missions for whoever bid the most for his services. Sent to be scrapped, he was activated in a freak electrical shortage, last seen running from the complex screaming "Number 8 Is Alive!!!!"
Since then he has continued his intelligence gathering goal, what he lacks in interpersonal skills being made up for by his stealth abilities and fierce yet calculating intelligence. His crew is small but loyal, having seen the rewards being in his service brings.
Each Skill with Points:
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Charisma: 1
  • Dexterity: 4
  • Agility: 3
  • Strength: 4
  • Toughness: 3
Ship Name: The Binary Pigeon

Ship Specialty: Repair

Crew:
  • Basic Pilots
  • 3 Basic engineers
  • 2 Starfighter pilots
  • 2 Basic scientists
  • 1 Basic soldier
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 30 Nov 2013, 04:38

26, 16, 13, 11.
I was a mod once

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 01 Dec 2013, 17:04

Character Name: Captain Roy "Savage" Parsons

Character Description: Gaining his nickname from his love of wrestling, and his macho look, Roy is a ruthless man with a fierce, calculating mind which makes him a serious contender with other tacticians of the time. After a successful career as a starfighter pilot, he decided to join the EIEL. His experience as a starfighter gives him a real tactical insight, and, his obsession with hand to hand fighting means he is a deadly close up combatant. He is handy with a Beam Rifle, but anyone coming within range of his fists will find themselves knocked out before they can say "Snap into a Slim Jim!"

Each Skill with Points:
Charisma: 2
Dexterity:2
Agility:2
Strength:4
Toughness: 5

Ship Name: Savage Judgement

Crew:
1 Basic Starship Pilot
1 Basic Scientist
2 Basic Engineers
2 Basic Starfighter Pilot
4 Basic Soldier

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Dec 2013, 18:30

I'm noticing a pattern of rather uncharismatic people XD

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Dec 2013, 13:05

Character Name: Rogue Trader Lady Stark

Character Gender: Female

Character Description: The Starks are a notorious family which control most of the Northern Space of Terra. After an argument over control of the "family business" when the Head of the Family dies, the heirs of the Starks are sent on a mission to become one of the mightiest Rogue Traders throughout the stars. Her first name is rarely spoken and those that do are often dead. She is often dressed in a trenchcoat of the Stark colours and body armour underneath it. She prefers to use brute force and she has her dual pistols always by her side.

Each Skill with Points:
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 5
Dexterity: 2
Agility: 5
Strength: 2
Toughness: 2

Ship Name: The Wolf that Stalks the Stars

Crew:
1 Basic Starship Pilot
1 Basic Scientist
2 Basic Engineers
4 Basic Soldier
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 02 Dec 2013, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 02 Dec 2013, 13:07

Iron_Fang wrote:
Ship Name: The Wolf that Stalks the Stars
Hue ha hue
I was a mod once

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Dec 2013, 13:11

What's so funny? ._.

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 02 Dec 2013, 13:31

Lady Stark... wolf... geddit.
I was a mod once

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Dec 2013, 14:33

*slowclap* xD

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 02 Dec 2013, 18:02

I forgot to let you guys know that I'm going to wait for a decent amount of signups before I get started with this.
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 12 Dec 2013, 13:15

Cmon y'all, lets have some characters so we can plaaaayyyyy.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 12 Dec 2013, 17:35

sag185 wrote:Cmon y'all, lets have some characters so we can plaaaayyyyy.
Yes this ^^^^^

This could actually be really interesting!

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 12 Dec 2013, 22:50

Character Name: Dr. Margot Veridaas

Character Gender: Female

Character Description: Hailing from a mysterious planet in the far-flung corner of the galaxy, Dr. Veridaas belongs to an alien species known for their intellect and desire for knowledge. Despite her unimposing appearance, Margot has a demeanor that demands authority and respect from her peers. Her quick wit and unwillingness to back down has gotten her into trouble in the past, but through some rough experiences in her life, she's found herself to be quite proficient with a pistol and knife as well. Before joining the EIEL, Margot was a leading researcher on the native species and ecosystems found in several star systems throughout the galaxy and was greatly invested in her work. She wandered the galaxy for a while after her home planet was destroyed by a neighboring species that seeks the destruction of her race. As a result, many of her kind became refugees and eventually Margot signed on with the EIEL at the age of 114 (late 20's in terms of human lifespans) as a researcher in an attempt to restore some small part of the life she was forced to leave behind. Despite having no formal combat training, Margot learned to fight to survive while escaping her home, and makes a point of practicing her marksmanship when she finds the time.

Each Skill With Points:
Charisma: 6
Dexterity: 4
Agility: 2
Strength: 0
Toughness: 3

Ship Name: HMS Lily

Ship Specialty: Research

Ship Crew:
1 basic starship pilot
3 basic engineers
2 basic scientists
4 basic soldiers
Orange and white, but not quite right.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 13 Dec 2013, 02:26

Character Name: Captain Donavon Thunder (AKA: Don Thunder AKA: Don)

Character Description: Don was raised by tribe of roaming space barbarians. Due to his hostile upbringing his will grew that to rival even the greatest warriors. What he lacked in physical abilities he learned to make up for with raw intelligence. After he became 20 he was commanding the entire barbarian tribe in their raids. Even with this high status in the clan he was still looked down upon due to his small week body. Because of this his rewards were miniscule at best and at worse he could just survive on the table scraps he was given. At the age of 25 he put forth a plan to escape his clan and venture out into the world to seize the plunder that belonged to him. As he left his home with a new ship and in search of a crew he could almost hear the wailing's of his clan as they withered away from as he put it "a very effective method of dissolving human tissue". To his end of seeking wealth and glory for himself he has chosen his ship to specialize in battle.

Each Skill with Points:
Intelligence: 7
Charisma: 1
Dexterity:4
Agility:3
Strength:1
Toughness: 4

Ship Name: Hells Lament

Crew:
3 Basic Engineer
4 Basic Soldier
1 Basic Starship Pilot

Random Numbers: 29, 5, 11
Opportunity knocks but once, Temptation leans on the door bell.

The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 04 Jan 2014, 15:11

Is this still happening? I've gotten all excited for it now!
Orange and white, but not quite right.

BigC_1

Post by BigC_1 » 06 Jan 2014, 21:29

Oh gosh, I am sorry guys, I've been inactive and I have completely forgotten about this!

I think it would be good if someone that isn't inactive took over because if I start again, I'll just die out once more. So if anyone wants to take over please tell me, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
Creator of:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage