The Prophecy of Escapecraft - Y u so new post?

A place for silliness and shenanigans.

Story, or Game?

Story
36%
Game
64%

Total votes: 66

tanisjihanis
Retired

Re: The Prophecy of Escapecraft

Post by tanisjihanis » 08 Sep 2011, 12:56

:D Wow this is great, keep it up!
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 08 Sep 2011, 15:02

Thanks! :D

Iron, I'll try and get a choice in for you soon.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 08 Sep 2011, 16:08

And me, Id like to turn up with my personal guard(s)? :3
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 09 Sep 2011, 00:16

Noooo not lord! Whyyyyy! WHYYY?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 13 Sep 2011, 03:52

"Delphi! You stole the ship! How could you?" Derek yelled at the Leader along with the rest of the crew.
Delphi simply pushed past the simpleton, muttering, "next time, you shouldn't get drunk off your asses when we crash our ship."
He finally reached the Captain. "Arogon, we need to move. Now."
"Delphi, you need to explain yourself. We spent ages looking for you!"
Delphi grabbed Aro fiercely. "No, you need to get on that ship, and order your crew to do the same. There are innocent people, including citizens of Escapia that have been captured by Griefers. We're getting them out safely, and we're leaving now."
Aro looked around his crew before responding. "Alright. You get the ship ready. I'll get the crew together."

Sneaky stared at Mountbatten for a moment. They were in a private room with Wokka being the only other person allowed in.
Finally, Sneaky broke the silence. "Years ago, before CraftMine was discovered... There was another town. The name escapes me at the moment, but they will forever go down in history, for those who read about it. They fought creatures unlike the ones in CraftMine. These creatures were much more powerful, much more dangerous. They're assumed to be extinct now, but they were spawn of the Trolls, the parent faction of the Griefers. This town fought on and on, ultimately saving the entire planet from the Trolls. They managed to pull through every struggle. The town itself was taken over, but the people still survived. They traveled to other towns to pull in favour from old friends, to fight back and take their land back. They were victorious, and they wiped out a massive number of trolls. But not even that was enough to keep them together. Later on, a rebellion began. The townspeople had been tired of constantly being put aside by the town owners, who were favouring foreign, richer traders. The townspeople voiced their opinions, and the Leaders represented them, helping them protest against the owners. The owners, in response to this, wiped the town. They had been losing resources from the townspeople for a while, and had plans for a major trading city to be built far north. They forced the people out, and the people were forced to find a new home."
"What's your point, Sneaky?"
"My point is that rebellions happen too easily, and this is a very real possibility for Escapia. Imagine the contradictions, the protests, if a Leader were let off with stealing? I trust that you're telling the truth about this Proz character, but the people wont go on your trust alone. The confusion, the riots, the risk is too much."
"What about CUT? We can put it on that. Say CUT owns the museum, and the whole thing was a misunderstanding," Lord suggested.
"No, we're not bringing CUT into this. That'd make things worse. The fact is, it's clear that I had no clue what was going on. The people know I didn't know about this whole thing."
"Sneaky, is there some way we can give a reason for that? Other than Mountbatten stealing the Trap?" Wokka asked. "There must be something we can say."
"That's what I was thinking, and I can only think of one scenario that would fit all the necessary criteria. I've been King of Escapia for a long, long time. But maybe it's time I gave up my position."
"What?"
"What?"
Louis and Wokka were both shocked.
"If I say we had been planning my resignation, we can pass this off as a misunderstanding," Sneaky continued. "The event was a plan by Wokka to test the security, and being the new leader of Escapia, he didn't need to tell me. That would cover everything."
"But you can't give up your position just because of this!" Lord pleaded.
"There has to be some other way," Wokka agreed.
"Wokka, you're perfectly capable of running Escapia. You know that, and I know that. Imprisoning you might seem like the simpler idea, Louis, but you've been my friend and colleague for a long time. I'm not putting you away for this. Besides, we still need this Proz fellow to translate the letters."
"But he set me up. He was the anonymous guy who tipped you off!"
"I know that Louis, but we need to pretend we don't know that. He needs to think he has the upper advantage. After I make the announcement regarding all this, you find Proz. Give him the Trap, offer him freedom, get him to translate our letters. When this is all over, we take him back to prison, and take the Trap back to the museum. I hate lying to people like that, but he clearly planned this all, and I'm not letting him get away with it."
He turned to Wokka. "I know you'll do well."
Wokka nodded in response.
"If that's all, I suggest you get some sleep. We've got a big war coming up on the horizon, and this may be one of the last times for a while that you can have relatively worry free sleep."
With that, Sneaky left the room.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 13 Sep 2011, 15:00

I was wondering how you were going to incorporate Sneaky's resignation. Well done! Also, someone is finally on their way to rescue me. That's great, I was getting bored of solitaire.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 13 Sep 2011, 15:12

You know I wouldn't leave you, Sti (:
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Sep 2011, 16:59

atacking greifers? am i allowed to use a chest full of lava on them? :lol:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Sep 2011, 01:08

I'll make sure you get some lava. XD

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Sep 2011, 01:58

Skunk_Giant wrote:I'll make sure you get some lava. XD
needs more Lava...
and read my Sig ;)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Sep 2011, 03:48

Saw that. :D
There'll be plenty more Vallorn + Lava quotes. XD

random980

Post by random980 » 14 Sep 2011, 05:15

Skunk_Giant wrote:Saw that. :D
There'll be plenty more Vallorn + Lava quotes. XD
Will there be any Random980 + floaty things quotes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Sep 2011, 06:42

Mebe...

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 14 Sep 2011, 10:24

How about some of my... "inventions"?? For science?
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 16 Sep 2011, 16:44

Needs more netherrack, nuff said
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Post by 697134002 » 16 Sep 2011, 16:53

Will there be any choices soon?
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 16 Sep 2011, 18:40

Soon... I know I say 'soon' to everything, but yeah, hopefully.
To be honest guys, it's just when I can fit things in.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 16 Sep 2011, 18:44

LESS TALK MORE DRUNK POSTS!
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

random980

Post by random980 » 25 Sep 2011, 09:39

CMON SKUNK!

We can haz moar storyz?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 25 Sep 2011, 22:21

Sorry, I've been busy lately, and a few times, I've gotten on and started writing, only to be interrupted.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 26 Sep 2011, 00:04

I pay you diamondblocks and this is how fast you work! *Cracks whip* Work faster boy!

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 03 Oct 2011, 01:08

If this is still going, I would like to join as someone who makes choices. If the story is too developed by now to accept new members, I understand and that is fine. You're doing a great job with the story by the way.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 03 Oct 2011, 02:26

It's still going, and I hope to get something up within the next few hours (no promises though :S ).
And no, I'm always happy to fit new players in, so I'll do my best to get you in the story. Just remember, with so many characters, you may not actually get much mention for a bit, but I'll make sure you do eventually. :D

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 03 Oct 2011, 05:45

"MY GOD! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BE KILLED OR RESCUED? Solitaire, Poker, Black Queen... NO MORE BLOODY CARD GAMES!" Sti cried.
"I found a Monopoly board..." someone offered.
"No! These games are making everything worse! It feels like weeks since anything has happened!" Sti yelled. "It's like... we're just characters in a story that have been forgotten!"

"Tally-ho!" Aro yelled.
"A fox?" Derek popped up at his side.
"No, land!"
"Oh..."
"Brace for impact!" Aro cried to the crew. The ship came to a sudden stop, throwing Derek into a wall.
The crew quickly armed themselves and stepped onto the shores, waiting for Delphi to lead them to the enemy.

"I would like to stress that I am not leaving Escapia," Sneaky spoke clearly from his balcony. "It has been requested of me to remain in power as an Adviser that carries no authoritative weight. There's nothing, short of death, that would cause me to leave Escapia. The people are far too important to me. It has been a pleasure."
With that, the now ex-King stepped back, and the crowd were left to brood on this new announcement.

"Chaaaaaaaaarge!" Delphi cried, rushing forward with his sword. He lunged at the first man to rush forward, and quickly used his Leader Powers to aid the team. He blasted a hole into the wall, causing the roof to fall onto another set of guards. With that, he used an extremely high amount of his power to give himself a powerful advantage...
He leaped down to the basement, skipping the stairs completely, and landing hard. However, he took no damage, courtesy of the 'powerful advantage'. He quickly got to work on the guards, and cutting the prisoners free, but it wasn't long before a number of enemies burst through a small doorway at the end of the room.
"Get the stairs. Don't let them down!" one of the soldiers yelled.
Swearing to himself, Delphi realised that he and the prisoners he'd managed to free were the only ones that could save Aro and his crew from falling to their deaths. If the soldiers targeted the stairs and made them collapse, the entire crew would die...
"Citizens of Escapia... People of CraftMine... stand with me and fight these Griefers!" he called to the free prisoners. The free prisoners stood slowly, picking up weapons from the fallen guards. "Defend the staircase so my fellow soldiers can help you!"

Sti grabbed the nearest sword, bow and a few arrows. He quickly shot an arrow into an approaching guard, before running up, stabbing another guard, and taking his arrow back out of the first guard's chest.
"Sti!" Blackadder called.
"Black! We have to get out of here!"
"I know... Aro and his men should be moving back so we can retreat up the stairway!"
Delphi quickly reached the two. "There's another exit, there has to be. Where do you think all these soldiers are coming from?"
"Good point," Sti admitted.
"DELPHI!" Iron yelled. Delphi turned to the cry, to find Iron pointing towards the staircase, where an enemy had slipped past and was setting up TNT at the base of the stairs.
"NO! AROGON! THEY'RE ARMING EXPLOSIVES! HURRY!"

Aro was still a while away from the base of the massive staircase when he heard the warning. He turned back and found that a portion of his crew were behind him, further up the staircase. But what other choice did he have? "JUMP!"

Arogon leaped towards the ground, sword in hand, his entire crew following suit. It'd hurt, it might even be fatal, but it was better than being blow up.

Everyone in the Battle
This is everyone that was on any one of the ships. Also, if you haven't been mentioned anywhere else (so you might not be back in Escapia) you could be mentioned as one of the other prisoners. In other words, nearly all of you can go for this. In fact, if you don't even play regularly, you can have your character in here just for this one post.
This is an action sequence, which some of you may recognise from 'The Family'. I give you a choice of letters (eg. A, B and C) and an amount of letters, and you create a progression of letters with that.
For example -
A B C and D
6 Letters
You might say - ABDBCC
I will then come up with my own one. If at any point, your letters match mine, then something bad happens to your character.
Example -
I say ABBCDD
You say ABCABC
Then you'd have one good thing happen in the action sequence, then one bad thing (as B and B match up). After that one bad thing, no more letters match up, so you'd have a good action sequence the whole way.
So, the letters for this, are
A, B or C.
You have five letters. PM me your letters. I promise I wont cheat. :D

If you still don't understand, let me know.
If you're unsure if your character is in/can be in this battle, let me know.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 03 Oct 2011, 10:18

Am i in this battle? I think i remember you saying i was back in escapia...

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 03 Oct 2011, 10:34

Y I NO MENTIONED! :(
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 03 Oct 2011, 12:13

You were taking to long to get there. Lava buckets are heavy.

Also, it's about time I did something useful. :P
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 03 Oct 2011, 16:13

And Skunk takes the opportunity of having dozens of people in cells in order to introduce people who have not been mentioned. Well done, played like a real GM.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 03 Oct 2011, 16:19

sag185 wrote:Am i in this battle? I think i remember you saying i was back in escapia...
I'm afraid you are in Escapia... but you haven't really been mentioned there, so if you want, you could join the battle...

Also, I posted in the Holidays News thread, but I'll be gone for the next three days. Sorry.

Oh, and Vallorn, I was gonna include you, but was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get to it. You'll definitely be in the next bit. :D

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 07 Oct 2011, 08:36

Update tomorrow!