Branchscape

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
vallorn

Re: Branchscape

Post by vallorn » 08 Mar 2011, 17:05

tanisjihanis wrote:Why Sneaky, i didn't know you cared! :P

Vallorn, further instructions: Once the server is opened to everyone, we need to be among the first ones to enter. claim as much floating land as possible! just overall claim as much LAND as possible.
agreed. if we can grab all the Spawn Islands WE WIN!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 10 Mar 2011, 16:58

Okay, we will now postphone work on the 3rd floor, and continue to place residents on the 2nd floor. I have placed a sign everywhere there is an open plot. If you claim a plot (you cannot claim more than one), just reuse the the "Free Plot" sign, and indicate that you have claimed the plot. There are about 6 or 7 unused plots, so i would like to fill those. The ceiling of these plots will be used as the floor for the 3rd level, so just plant trees at the end of your finished house near the outer wall. Also, it would be good if someone could please just light every spot of the top level.

I have started landscaping...
My apologies to the person who's house I flooded...
I only discovered the underground room after making what i thought was a creeper hole into a beautiful waterfall and pond. Just leave it as is, and use that as a water entrance. I would suggest a lift to get back up. Please make the lift as inconspicuous as possible (put it on a tree), and label it as going into your home.

For those of you that wish to make a ground house, i would appreciate it if you would make it at least 60 blocks away from the base of the tree. Thank you!

Vallorn, instructions are the same relating to the future-shifted version of Branchscape,(I have permission for an eventual portal in between the two that Skytopia and Branchscape can use communally as an entrance to our lofty realms.) but while we wait for that server to become public, I have a new task for you: The mining cavern is soon to become Undercliff, a new resident area for Branchscapians that would like to have homes they can mine from. The homes should be built into the cliff wall, along the guideline walkway I set. I give you the task of safe lava lighting(perhaps lava down the wall, in in-bedded channels behind glass), as well as creating a dirt hill over that area, so that all stone is covered up. i was thinking a kind of dome, perhaps 3 or 4 blocks thick. There is a small natural tunnel near the trunk that i plan to tunnel through, to give more of a caver feeling. We will need TNT for this project.

Again guys, you are doing great! :D
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 10 Mar 2011, 17:01

im afraid im tied up temporarily with a Project of mine (i cant say what it is yet). and Vault 88 is now public and needs new overseers so i can do other things...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 10 Mar 2011, 17:02

Certainly Vallorn, although we would be glad to have you back with us at anytime, and i would still like you to follow through on the plans for landclaim in future-shifted escapecraft.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Mar 2011, 22:47

How tall is this thing ? Looks amazing, I love the inner "cylindrical" structure of it.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 11 Mar 2011, 03:25

tanisjihanis wrote:Certainly Vallorn, although we would be glad to have you back with us at anytime, and i would still like you to follow through on the plans for landclaim in future-shifted escapecraft.
yeah as soon as future shift opens i will found Skytopia and claim the ring of land around Spawn.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Mar 2011, 12:52

zin, this is an unfinished project, but right now id say its at least 70 blocks high, probably higher. I am still having worries about the height limit, but we should be fine... :P

If you would like to have a home here, you are welcome to any of our empty plots

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 11 Mar 2011, 12:56

tanisjihanis wrote:zin, this is an unfinished project, but right now id say its at least 70 blocks high, probably higher. I am still having worries about the height limit, but we should be fine... :P

If you would like to have a home here, you are welcome to any of our empty plots
Most certainly, being as I own a giant tree ( or two ) myself, I'd love to join!
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Mar 2011, 12:59

Excellent, ill add you to teh residents list, just pick a plot on the second floor please :D

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 11 Mar 2011, 13:08

vallorn wrote: yeah as soon as future shift opens i will found Skytopia and claim the ring of land around Spawn.
Greed much?

Good luck getting haxx to approve that...
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Mar 2011, 13:17

Meh, it will probably just be off to the side, but i would like to claim land closer to the spawn than what we have now...

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 11 Mar 2011, 14:12

Cho wrote:
vallorn wrote: yeah as soon as future shift opens i will found Skytopia and claim the ring of land around Spawn.
Greed much?

Good luck getting haxx to approve that...
more like forward thinking. the newbies cant avoid us if we encircle Spawn!
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Mar 2011, 14:19

:P
we don't Have to incircle spawn, just have most of the floating stuff near it :D

viaticsnarsnar

Post by viaticsnarsnar » 11 Mar 2011, 14:51

tanis ive begun to make an outpost in future shift. i dont have many plans for it so if you want to have it be the outpost for a new branchscape then i can show you where it is. Also, i will be on future shift more than the main server for a while as I am loving this new server.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 11 Mar 2011, 15:56

Viatic claim as much land near spawn as possible for branchscape!!!!! Claim as much as you can please!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 12 Mar 2011, 20:54

Okay i have claimed an area around a sign verified by Hax. this location is behind spawn, in the opposite direction of the stairs. you will be able to identify the area because it has a hug waterfall that spreads out over an entire cliff. But for now, gather resources!

Oh, and vallorn, there is room for skytopia!
i decided to build on the ground because the islands are and cloud level
so we couldn't build any higher... :(

still this is amazing!

edited
Last edited by tanisjihanis on 13 Mar 2011, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 697134002 » 12 Mar 2011, 20:57

600 RADIUS?! That's 1200 from 1 side to another.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Mar 2011, 02:15

tanisjihanis wrote:Okay i have claimed a 600 block radius area around a sign verified by Hax. this location is behind spawn, in the opposite direction of the stairs. you will be able to identify the area because it has a hug waterfall that spreads out over an entire cliff. But for now, gather resources!

still this is amazing!
il take the sky islands! i like a building chalenge!
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 13 Mar 2011, 07:31

tanisjihanis wrote:Okay i have claimed a 600 block radius area around a sign verified by Hax. this location is behind spawn, in the opposite direction of the stairs. you will be able to identify the area because it has a hug waterfall that spreads out over an entire cliff. But for now, gather resources!

still this is amazing!
I only verified the location, not the claim size. You can't have a friggin' 600 block radius. That's more than twice the size of the Imperial City. I suggest you reduce your claim size by at least 6x, or I may have to do it for you.

No tree, no matter how big, is 1200 blocks wide.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 13 Mar 2011, 08:00

Remember folks... Greed kills...

Do you really think haxx was gonna let you dominate the spawn area??
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 13 Mar 2011, 09:58

meh i figured it was too big
sorry hax, i wasn't thinking about how big that actually was...

we probably only need 50-70 blocks radius... :P

(edited)

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 13 Mar 2011, 13:22

Geez, and you wanted to place that thing on top of my frigging house!

I would never had any privacy then <_>
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 13 Mar 2011, 15:32

i went on Future Shift and couldnt find your sign... so i gave up. either give me coords or better directions.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 13 Mar 2011, 15:52

Tanis, on the list of residents, can you change my name to Fuzz422365117? Because that's my in-game name.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 13 Mar 2011, 17:14

oh lol yeah sure

sorry vallorn...

viaticsnarsnar

Post by viaticsnarsnar » 14 Mar 2011, 14:54

okay tanis ive claimed land in the oppisite direction. I can moved if you want me to but ive already claimed an area that i call Fort Snar. so tell me what you think i should do?

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 15 Mar 2011, 15:59

Okay guys, im on spring break vacation in tahoe! ill be back nesxt week, but not much minecraft inbetween now and then.

Snar, just go ahead and work on your fort. Ill still be working on branchscape, but for now, i would like to leave you in charge of it. I have a few new personal projects i have to deal with in futureshift

till then, hope you have a great time playing! :D

Knife_28

Post by Knife_28 » 16 Mar 2011, 02:06

Wow, this is like Tree Town on crack, YU STOOL MAH IDEA!
I only feel the way that I'm programed, and most of the time that's not to give a damn.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 16 Mar 2011, 10:35

>:D

you should see the one in old escapia

viaticsnarsnar

Post by viaticsnarsnar » 17 Mar 2011, 16:04

I've abandoned my fort, it just wasnt working out. So now i can spend more time working on Brachscape, or maybe another project. But there hasnt been anything exciting while you where gone so everything is ok