The Corinthian Empire

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
jagorrax
Retired

The Corinthian Empire

Post by jagorrax » 08 Jan 2011, 22:37

The current chain of command is:
Emperor- Leader of the settlement as well as owner of the current landclaim. Same responsibilities and power as a standard leader of any other settlement on the server according to the server rules. The Emperor can also appoint subleaders.
Current Emperor-Jagorrax Former Emporer-Grimx9(Honorably stepped down for unknown reasons)
Legatus Corinth-Second in command, as well as acting ruler when the Emperor is not online. The Legate can also appoint subleaders.
Current Legate-Megavici15
Champion of Corinth-This title was given to our badass warrior Nr1asshole. He is the one responsible for creating the walls that surround our empire as well as defining our borders. You can normally spot him carrying a his standard diamond or cerimonial golden axe decked out in iron and diamond armor. He is able to appoint apprentices then able to appoint them the rank of captain if he chooses. He will also be in charge of our crusade into the nether.
Current Champion-Nr1Asshole
Corinthian Lord-the highest rank one can attain within the Empire. A Lord acts on behalf of the Empire and not the Emperor. Their power extends to all areas of the empire. Final approval is not needed on any project or expansion from the Emperor or Legate. However some decisions can still be overruled by either.
Current Lords- Furdabip
Corinthian General-These are leaders who have gained the trust of myself or megavici15 through hard work throughout the settlement. They have earned their freedom to expand where ever they please, continue governing a settlement within the Empire if they so choose, as well as work on any projects they want. They can also settle any disputes within the Empire and enforce the Empires rules when needed. They can appoint mayors to settlements they may have been in charge of before.
Current Generals-Serubin, 697, Thefrostykillers, givemeabreak Former Generals-xoZoltanox(left on own accord)
Captain-This rank is rarely(never has been) given out. A captain can create a fort or keep within the corinthian land claim. They can recruit people to help build and run the fort as well as appoint a lieutenant. The fort will act as a settlement with Captain as its leader.
Current Captains: Viatic of the Corinthian Sanctum
Mayor-In charge of a district or town within Corinth. Each district/town has to abide by the Empires rules unless spoken to myself or megavici OR was a town before becoming a part of corinth. Mayors can appoint jobs and responsibilities for their settlement in the form of titles.
Current Mayors: Furdabip-Briarton, Serubin-D7, thefrostykillers-Bliss, Wildwill-Plith, warlockseer-Able, Tanis-Branchscape
Former Mayors-Ramzaydoc(left on own accord now in charge of witchwood), MicheaD20(Dishonorably discharged for creating a twisted, ugly, mangled abomination next to the castle called Eastside. This settlement was deemed unfit for human habitation and demolished by order of the Emporer[C]. MichealD20 fled west and hasn't been seen since.)
Corinthian Noble-in the works
OSI(Office of Science and Industry)-Director Sheridanjohn, Co-Director, Cprlauc
Explorers Guild-Guild master-Crashendo
Merchants Guild-Guild master- Trevmonkey (this is housed in corinth but is not affiliated meaning that anyone can join with the approval of the guild master)

This thread is to be used for anyone who as any questions or ideas they would like to put forward. It makes things a lot easier for me in game.

Future projects-
Airship
Merchants Guild
Last edited by jagorrax on 22 Feb 2011, 17:35, edited 12 times in total.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

xoxZoltanXox

Re: The Corinthian Empire

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 09 Jan 2011, 19:29

I wanted to post to let everyone know that I am willing to give my town of Plith up to a new mayor, of mine or Jag's choosing. Ask me or him in game and we will talk to you to see if you qualify.
~Zoltan

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 09 Jan 2011, 20:18

i do approve of the imperialism... BUT WE WILL NEVER JOIN THE EMPIRE we plqn to make one ourselves....when will specificm area pvp come on so we can have wars on battlegrounds ....at night ;_;
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

GrimX9

Post by GrimX9 » 09 Jan 2011, 20:49

arogon343 wrote:i do approve of the imperialism... BUT WE WILL NEVER JOIN THE EMPIRE we plqn to make one ourselves....when will specificm area pvp come on so we can have wars on battlegrounds ....at night ;_;
The spelling is atrocious, and, "This thread is to be used for anyone who as any questions or ideas they would like to put forward. It makes things a lot easier for me in game."

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 09 Jan 2011, 21:51

Well that is quite an accomplishment to say the least. Just looking at the land you have on the map its quite impressive.

Now than how many of you actually are there? Population wise.

And to expand on that question Don't have too many leaders. It doesn't end well.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 09 Jan 2011, 23:01

Volstag9 wrote:Well that is quite an accomplishment to say the least. Just looking at the land you have on the map its quite impressive.

Now than how many of you actually are there? Population wise.

And to expand on that question Don't have too many leaders. It doesn't end well.
Well thank you for the compliment
Population?-I have lost count of the amount of people living within the empire. Originally I had made an archives building for new citizens to record their names, but we ran out of room and people i never directed anyone to it after that. However, when i care enough to ask, the mayors of each town can record who and how many people live their area. And as for the leaders; I run things very simply. Every mayor must reach a quota of citizens for their settlement to be considered a town. When it is considered a town, the mayor can bring in more citizens and when they reach a population of 18, they are promoted to general. Generals are able to expand their towns without my permission as well as elect mayors for the town they created so they may start a new one. It can be up to the new mayor how things go from there but the General still oversees progress. So in a way, I use that system root out people who can lead. If someone proves they can organize small group of people, then they are given a chance to prove that they can organize an even greater number of people within a settlement. I set up this system so that there would be incentive to have a greater population in the town. If a mayor fails to recruit more people or the settlement turns into a slum, I or megavici replace them.
And arogon, i have no intention of "invading" any territory. Pvp sounds fun but i believe it will be more organized than how you are picturing it.(most likely arenas to cause less chaos) Also, I prefer to give people their space in the game. when expanding i always keep that in mind. I wouldn't want massive walls 5 blocks away from my small safehouse if i wasn't part of a city. For example, east of Corinth is Classy Kingdom. I am trying my best to keep a distant gap between us. So, no you wont be seeing the corinthian seal slapped on any buildings outside my territory.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 10 Jan 2011, 11:02

Sorry that ive not been on in a while but ive got a texture pack error that wont let me play minecraft :( i hope to rectify the error by either locating the texture pack file (which i cant find anywhere) or just wiping my pc but i am still in full support of corinth and i think i know how to get some friendds to join the game and corinth :D
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 11 Jan 2011, 11:07

Update on Development:
Furdabip has created very classy lodging located just outside able district. He has earned the title of Master Architect. His services are available.
697 is working on extending my castle and putting plots in for anyone who would like to purchase them.
I will be working on the roads and a secret project that will be available to everyone whether you are a resident of Corinth or not.
Priority: due to the fact that thePika was found to be a scoundrel/thief/traitor who was banned, we have seen a large decline in trade lately. I'm putting forth the idea for someone to create a merchants guild. Able district seems to be developing a nice trading hub area so I will be directing that district toward the mercantile theme. Anyone willing to become guild master of a merchant guild and recruit merchants to start a mall in Able, you have my permission to do so.
Wildwill, i wondered where you have been. No worries we didn't evict you or anything. I guess I will see you in game when you get that fixed.

Other than that, have fun.

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 11 Jan 2011, 16:30

I just made wildwill the mayor of my town, Plith. I told him his two jobs are to bring in more citizens and to get a mercchant or two.
~Zoltan

Nr1Asshole

Post by Nr1Asshole » 11 Jan 2011, 18:03

I will sadly be having quite a busy schedule until at least 21.jan. After that I will hopefully have more time to spend on doing whatever needs to be done. I will still try to get some time in every now and then. You will probably find me in the occasional fistfight with a creeper. :mrgreen:

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 12 Jan 2011, 13:53

jagorrax wrote:Update on Development:
Furdabip has created very classy lodging located just outside able district. He has earned the title of Master Architect. His services are available.
697 is working on extending my castle and putting plots in for anyone who would like to purchase them.
I will be working on the roads and a secret project that will be available to everyone whether you are a resident of Corinth or not.
Priority: due to the fact that thePika was found to be a scoundrel/thief/traitor who was banned, we have seen a large decline in trade lately. I'm putting forth the idea for someone to create a merchants guild. Able district seems to be developing a nice trading hub area so I will be directing that district toward the mercantile theme. Anyone willing to become guild master of a merchant guild and recruit merchants to start a mall in Able, you have my permission to do so.
Wildwill, i wondered where you have been. No worries we didn't evict you or anything. I guess I will see you in game when you get that fixed.

Hey jag i would like to say i will make a merchants guild but i will need our master architect.. and some supply routes to construct this... I will also need a team of builders if you can grant me the land will also make it easier if you can do this i will begin ASAP
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 12 Jan 2011, 14:43

michaeld20 wrote:

Hey jag i would like to say i will make a merchants guild but i will need our master architect.. and some supply routes to construct this... I will also need a team of builders if you can grant me the land will also make it easier if you can do this i will begin ASAP
I have already planned development on this project with furdabip. Right now, we need devoted merchants willing to work together. If they can work together, they can easily amass enough resources to make Able a very successful trading hub. Currently, warlockseer has decided he may take up guild master since he is in charge of Able. This makes things a lot easier. As of right now, anyone who wants to be a part of the merchants guild should be amassing as much resource as possible, whether its cobble, sand, dirt, gravel, flowers, ect. Other than that we will let people know when everything is done.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 12 Jan 2011, 14:57

:oops:
jagorrax wrote:
michaeld20 wrote:

I have already planned development on this project with furdabip. Right now, we need devoted merchants willing to work together. If they can work together, they can easily amass enough resources to make Able a very successful trading hub. Currently, warlockseer has decided he may take up guild master since he is in charge of Able. This makes things a lot easier. As of right now, anyone who wants to be a part of the merchants guild should be amassing as much resource as possible, whether its cobble, sand, dirt, gravel, flowers, ect. Other than that we will let people know when everything is done.
Well i can make a supply route from the east shop to the guild
All i need is a trusted courier and one royal guard(i got the coureir actuallyz) but i can set u a supplying route with warlock
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 13 Jan 2011, 16:44

found a good friend that is willing to be a merchant and he should be online tomorrow (if corinths back) so ill set him up but other than that does anyone want anything built in corinth after ive finished mas producing plots :?:
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 13 Jan 2011, 16:48

Corinth scares me.
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 13 Jan 2011, 20:02

I thought I would post a map of Corinth in its current state. Marked in red is the land we currently own. In sky blue, i marked where i would like to expand it in the future. I know the island in the northeast is owned by optimushagrid but I'll try to purchase it from him since they only started building a few days ago. If he is dead set on keeping that island than its not a problem. The other land is owned by people who live in corinth and i have already spoken to them about expanding our walls past those positions.
Oh and the black lines on the map is where i do not want to see any expansion. I want a decent amount of space between settlements so we aren't choking them.

I would also like to mention that the Corinth Explorers Guild is up and running. It is located directly east of Fokinmountain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by 697134002 » 13 Jan 2011, 20:35

We should make a national anthem, with the anthem-playing things activated by a secret lever somewhere, and the anthem stuff themselves hidden underground or in buildings, so only high-ranking corinthians can activate it and play the anthem.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 13 Jan 2011, 20:42

Yes. We need an anthem, for we are mighty.

ntheawsome

Post by ntheawsome » 13 Jan 2011, 22:30

Can I applie for merchant guild leader? If by merchant guild you mean giving people awful deals :twisted: (no, I am seriously applying)
All that glitters is not gold, there's also diamonds and iron and redstone and...

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 14 Jan 2011, 00:29

I haven't exactly chosen a leader. i think thats something that will come along while this is being developed. Based on how long people spend on this and how well they can organize enough merchants to cooperate with one another; that is how the leader will be chosen. My idea on how the guild would work is:
In a well thought out manner, have each person within the guild accumulate massive ammounts of mats and other resources. You would basically share a supply pool.
With such a massive amount of resource, people will naturally go to the place they know will have what they need.
When the merchants guild Hq is built, it will have many supply rooms. You can also have ranks within the merchants guild.
Rank one would give you the password for some chests in the supply room, rank two would give the password for even more chests and mats, and so on.
Items to seek out and horde-
Cobblestone, sand, clay, logs, flowers, dyes, gold, diamonds, iron, everything....

Or...My second idea would be for the merchants guild to act as a base for all merchants so they can organize together within one market place. If you need a mat and your town merchant doesnt have one, the idea would be to go to the market where one of the many merchants may have what you are looking for. One thing merchants need is customers. The more merchants that are in the area the more people are willing to go there. Mall of Escapia in Able.
What do i get out of all of this? More merchants=more people wanting to live close to Able=more citizens=expand

So if you want to be leader of the merchants guild, then organize and do it. The title is earned not given.

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2011, 00:43

Jag, how much redstone do you have? I just made an 8-note piano and it takes a LOT of redstone to make the signal go from farther away, and since sound dissipates (the same as jukeboxes, I believe) we will need LOTS of room for an anthem-playing machine.

Edit: Not nearly as far as jukeboxes. But still kinda far. It'll be a challenge, but probably cool and fun to do.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 14 Jan 2011, 03:12

I have a wicked design idea for the Merchant Guild, which I will be working on while the old map is offline. If I finish it before it goes back online, I'll post screenshots of it to get your opinion.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 14 Jan 2011, 11:27

jagorrax wrote:I haven't exactly chosen a leader. i think thats something that will come along while this is being developed. Based on how long people spend on this and how well they can organize enough merchants to cooperate with one another; that is how the leader will be chosen. My idea on how the guild would work is:
In a well thought out manner, have each person within the guild accumulate massive ammounts of mats and other resources. You would basically share a supply pool.
With such a massive amount of resource, people will naturally go to the place they know will have what they need.
When the merchants guild Hq is built, it will have many supply rooms. You can also have ranks within the merchants guild.
Rank one would give you the password for some chests in the supply room, rank two would give the password for even more chests and mats, and so on.
Items to seek out and horde-
Cobblestone, sand, clay, logs, flowers, dyes, gold, diamonds, iron, everything....

Or...My second idea would be for the merchants guild to act as a base for all merchants so they can organize together within one market place. If you need a mat and your town merchant doesnt have one, the idea would be to go to the market where one of the many merchants may have what you are looking for. One thing merchants need is customers. The more merchants that are in the area the more people are willing to go there. Mall of Escapia in Able.
What do i get out of all of this? More merchants=more people wanting to live close to Able=more citizens=expand
I shall get all the the cobblestone required and some dye ^_^
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

CprlLauc

Post by CprlLauc » 15 Jan 2011, 13:17

OSI NOTIFICATION

I'm am currently unable to perform most scientific experiments for I am not Veteran, but I hope to become one this friday or around this time and can resume at full capacity. If anyone has any research or facilities they would like me to work on just PM me or post them here. If Sheridan.john reads this I would like to speak to him about craftbook and redstone. Anyway, just Pm or post me with anything I can help with. I can work for free but payment would be nice.

-CprlLauc
Lead Scientist, OSI (Office of Science and Industry)

P.S.
Anything placed in the donation chest becomes property of OSI and corresponding Scientist FOR RESEARCH ONLY and anyone caught raiding the box SHALL BE SMITED
"If your going to criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes"

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 15 Jan 2011, 14:46

CprlLauc wrote:OSI NOTIFICATION

I'm am currently unable to perform most scientific experiments for I am not Veteran, but I hope to become one this friday or around this time and can resume at full capacity. If anyone has any research or facilities they would like me to work on just PM me or post them here. If Sheridan.john reads this I would like to speak to him about craftbook and redstone. Anyway, just Pm or post me with anything I can help with. I can work for free but payment would be nice.

-CprlLauc
Lead Scientist, OSI (Office of Science and Industry)

P.S.
Anything placed in the donation chest becomes property of OSI and corresponding Scientist FOR RESEARCH ONLY and anyone caught raiding the box SHALL BE SMITED
what if we add something as well as taking stuff away... it seems to work better like that as then there is an incentive to keep adding to the box.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Ramza Ydoc

Post by Ramza Ydoc » 15 Jan 2011, 16:32

Oh wow, Witchwood and Enhasa is at the heart of the Empire. I can grow the forest farther and faster now with bone meal if you want.

How ever, as ex- lord and master leader of Able, I might suggest that the mall I had carved out of the mountain is horrible should be turned into homes. It's cluttered and has a bad sense of flow. May I suggest moving it into the mines. They are relatively spacious and can be easily expanded.

Also, Jagorrax, if you want I can start designing buildings and settlements in the ruins style similar to my Skygates. I would need some material compensation, cobble, moss stone, redstone, diamond... I can build useful things like homes, shops, community buildings, or decorative things like altars, temples, deadly wokka inspired mazes.

Frosty

Post by Frosty » 16 Jan 2011, 15:07

I have an idea for the marketplace:
Have it be a three story building where,on the first floor, you could find resources, such as cobble, smoothstone, coal, iron, etc.
On the second floor, however, you could find crafted objects and more rarer objects, such as minecart tracks, diamonds, gold, swords, picks, etc.
Finally on the third floor, you could have personal shops from merchants around escapia, for the objects not found in the previous floors.
Ill construct a model of said marketplace in SP, and show you guys it.

On another hand, the roads, imo, need a renovation. I have a plan, which would make them safer in the night, and easier to use for newbies.
I added a little map to show where i would like to add roads, as well as possible locations for the mall. (Note that a * is a possible location)
(Please excuse my atrocious drawing skills.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 16 Jan 2011, 17:42

Frosty wrote:I have an idea for the marketplace:
Have it be a three story building where,on the first floor, you could find resources, such as cobble, smoothstone, coal, iron, etc.
On the second floor, however, you could find crafted objects and more rarer objects, such as minecart tracks, diamonds, gold, swords, picks, etc.
Finally on the third floor, you could have personal shops from merchants around escapia, for the objects not found in the previous floors.
Ill construct a model of said marketplace in SP, and show you guys it.

On another hand, the roads, imo, need a renovation. I have a plan, which would make them safer in the night, and easier to use for newbies.
I added a little map to show where i would like to add roads, as well as possible locations for the mall. (Note that a * is a possible location)
(Please excuse my atrocious drawing skills.)
Interesting ideas. I agree that the roads do need renovation. However, I would like to keep the forest as intact as possible. But we will discuss this in game as well. But what is your user name ingame?

Ramza Ydoc

Post by Ramza Ydoc » 16 Jan 2011, 17:53

jagorrax wrote: Interesting ideas. I agree that the roads do need renovation. However, I would like to keep the forest as intact as possible. But we will discuss this in game as well. But what is your user name ingame?
Yes, not touching my forest would be very nice. Three roads and a mall would completely deforest it, and defeat its purpose (countering the urban sprawl and my remote lag-free home). Besides, at least a 3rd of it is covered by my cuboid.

Frosty

Post by Frosty » 16 Jan 2011, 18:14

Jag my IGN is chspomeranz although i plan on getting a new one soon enough.
I didn't consider the forests, so disregard the previous map, i'll make another later.
On another note after ~1 hour i have finished a shell of a possible design for said mall:

I could only upload 3, but the third floor is pretty much identical to the second.
EDIT:: I might make the first floor a bit wider than the others, that do you think? Also, i will be working on this more this is just what i accomplished in a short amount of time.