The Corinthian Empire

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Furdabip
Poop

Re: The Corinthian Empire

Post by Furdabip » 17 Jan 2011, 00:39

Oh, right, and a status on the idea I was trying to make for the Merchant Guild (if it is indeed a different building than the Mall), it had to be too big to be recognizable, so I scrapped it. Instead I went with a hall-like building with rounded edges and a dome. I have no definite ideas on the inner layout, as that can be shifted to suit whatever needs the Guild has.

Evildeadalus

Post by Evildeadalus » 17 Jan 2011, 10:01

arogon343 wrote:i do approve of the imperialism... BUT WE WILL NEVER JOIN THE EMPIRE we plqn to make one ourselves....when will specificm area pvp come on so we can have wars on battlegrounds ....at night ;_;
Arogan please just make an embassy in the embassy district and we will talk.

And if it comes to war remember: were bigger hence we have more people, we have more supplies, and there are other cities that will ally with corinth to reduce your town to smoking rubble.
just think about that before you send a couple guys with sticks to our walls.
If you see a creeper in real life,
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Then seek counseling.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Jan 2011, 10:32

EDITED BY SELF DUE TO EPIC ALCOHOL INFLUENCED PRESUMPTIOSNESS.

I lYKE DRINK!ING!!1!!11!!one!eleven
I lYKE DRINK!ING!!1!!11!!one!eleven
who edited my post?
Last edited by vallorn on 17 Jan 2011, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 17 Jan 2011, 15:10

:ugeek: :geek: Hello jag i would like to lead the expansion of conrinth. first of all in your map you should think of intergrating underground settlements.
second i would like to request a easter expansion as it is getting cramped in east
third i can operate the merc. guild if you wish as the east shop can be run by pocket or anyone from the village
and i would like a resource farm constructed(like a quarry) by one of the open spots of conrithian land in the north east portion of conrinth thank you for considerations :mrgreen:
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 17 Jan 2011, 16:15

Well, Jag doesn't want to expand too far East due to a neighboring nation. He doesnt want to impose the Corinth girth upon them

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 17 Jan 2011, 16:21

Evildeadalus wrote:
arogon343 wrote:i do approve of the imperialism... BUT WE WILL NEVER JOIN THE EMPIRE we plqn to make one ourselves....when will specificm area pvp come on so we can have wars on battlegrounds ....at night ;_;
And if it comes to war remember: were bigger hence we have more people, we have more supplies, and there are other cities that will ally with corinth to reduce your town to smoking rubble.
And now you remeber something, they have a moderator.
So before you talk of reducing our town to rubble, think of this.
Pwnt, my friend.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 17 Jan 2011, 16:24

XDelphi wrote:
Evildeadalus wrote:
Pwnt, my friend.
Mr delphi did they just threaten draconax??? DADALUS! ILL PUT U UNDER MILITARY ARREST IF SO
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 17 Jan 2011, 16:33

Hmm, in a way.
Be careful what you say, Deadalus ;)
Just for reference, what arogon was talking about was 'Recreational' wars (If one can be had) and we have no qualms with Corinth or its people.
P.s. People with sticks being sent to your walls can be extremely dangerous, especially if these sticks are GriefSticks.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 17 Jan 2011, 20:05

XDelphi wrote:Hmm, in a way.
Be careful what you say, Deadalus ;)
Just for reference, what arogon was talking about was 'Recreational' wars (If one can be had) and we have no qualms with Corinth or its people.
P.s. People with sticks being sent to your walls can be extremely dangerous, especially if these sticks are GriefSticks.
or if those sticks have Redstone on the end... and TNT...
and I lYKE DRINK!ING!!1!!11!!one!eleven
Which mod edited that into my post?.. i implied that i was sorry... plus the Mods turn up inebrieated more often than me (well a couple of em do)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 18 Jan 2011, 08:39

michaeld20 wrote::ugeek: :geek: Hello jag i would like to lead the expansion of conrinth. first of all in your map you should think of intergrating underground settlements.
second i would like to request a easter expansion as it is getting cramped in east
third i can operate the merc. guild if you wish as the east shop can be run by pocket or anyone from the village
and i would like a resource farm constructed(like a quarry) by one of the open spots of conrithian land in the north east portion of conrinth thank you for considerations :mrgreen:
Refer to my second post on the merchants guild. As for the expansion, that will be led by the Champion of Corinth. And for the expansion of eastside, once we get back to live, I can show you where you can expand. I saved a lot of space incase things became cramped there. But we can't do much until we get back to the live map.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 18 Jan 2011, 16:01

Save the planet!

Plant a tree on your house roof

Oh and this will be my sort of signiture if i ever get around to building anything properly but i am currently doing several small things to help the people of plith (or will be when we get back on the corinth server)
:D
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 18 Jan 2011, 17:15

Wildwill002 wrote:Save the planet!

Plant a tree on your house roof

Oh and this will be my sort of signiture if i ever get around to building anything properly but i am currently doing several small things to help the people of plith (or will be when we get back on the corinth server)
:D
saving th planet on minecraft is for wussies1! D:< you hack and burn till theres no more tree then find more trees!
thats the fun waya nyhow :) oh and id like to see you try to get over out walls :)
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Evildeadalus

Post by Evildeadalus » 18 Jan 2011, 17:41

XDelphi wrote:
Evildeadalus wrote:
Pwnt, my friend.
Ah but i was talking about if they instigate this war.
and im sorry i dont understand how can killing people be recreational?
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Then seek counseling.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 18 Jan 2011, 17:51

Minecraft is set (but not limited to) a first person perspective, you can wear armor, can use bows and swords and its multi player.

This has all the ingredients needed for a competition of might. So of course some people would like to fight each other (And of course, this also means people will want to kill people who do not know they are about to be killed)
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 18 Jan 2011, 17:52

Deadalus: Why would there be a need to instigate? We have no problem with Corinth. (Personally I think PvP is a bit of a silly idea but many people request it) Taking this into account, these 'wars' could be had for fun and to make the game interesting. We have spoken to others about wars for land claim and it won't happen. This (if implemented of course) would be purely recreational. In the future, choose your wording carefully Sir, at risk of sounding aggressive and imposing. Let us leave it at that.

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 18 Jan 2011, 18:28

I like all the cities, personally, although I haven't seen some. I ask to make a house in a lot of the ones I visit so that I get a taste of all the towns.
~Zoltan

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 18 Jan 2011, 18:50

xoX Zoltan Xox wrote:I like all the cities, personally, although I haven't seen some. I ask to make a house in a lot of the ones I visit so that I get a taste of all the towns.
well if you ever wqant a house in draconax just give me or delphi or haxx ashout (haxx not so much)
i look forward to seeing you through our city gates ^_^
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 18 Jan 2011, 22:54

well if im not to busy in corinth ill stop by.... i got general duties to fulfill after all
~Zoltan

Evildeadalus

Post by Evildeadalus » 22 Jan 2011, 13:02

XDelphi wrote:Deadalus: Why would there be a need to instigate? We have no problem with Corinth. (Personally I think PvP is a bit of a silly idea but many people request it) Taking this into account, these 'wars' could be had for fun and to make the game interesting. We have spoken to others about wars for land claim and it won't happen. This (if implemented of course) would be purely recreational. In the future, choose your wording carefully Sir, at risk of sounding aggressive and imposing. Let us leave it at that.
im sorry i think of war as people dieing and cities destroyed i didnt mean to sound agressive or mean
:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Then seek counseling.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 22 Jan 2011, 17:36

How soon people seem to forget. Unfortunately, the original post seems lost, so I'm just going to make it short, and to the point. So two points of interest, and one rule:

#1 - There will be no general warfare on this server. At some point, some designated pvp areas may be setup for recreational contests.

#2 - We've been through this before; and I'm not going through it again. So, if you violate the rule below, either in word or deed, I will simply ban you. Not warn you, not suspend you, but ban you.

-If you can not play together nicely, you will not be playing here at all.
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 22 Jan 2011, 22:19

Besides the ultimate threat of a ban... I don't want to see anymore animosity towards other settlements. While there isn't any harm in roleplaying, don't assume people know when you kid around and are being sarcastic without saying so. Without hearing the tone, or seeing the expression, it can be easily assumed you are being super cereal.

Please do not use this thread unless its related to any projects within Corinth. That includes all subdivisions like the Explorers guild, merchants guild, OSI, witchwood, ect.. Or if you are from another settlement and want to make a road or something...(or just refer to the title of the thread).

Ramza Ydoc

Post by Ramza Ydoc » 23 Jan 2011, 15:26

After a lot of messing around on the Test server, I've found myself a fondness in buildings made of fences and noteblocks. I'm sure I could put that to good use somehow. Maybe I can build greenhouses for settlements that want them once we hit live again?

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 24 Jan 2011, 14:37

Alright, Jag. I've got the base building shape of the Merchant's Guild. It's 41x24, will be 3 floors high, first 2 floors are 4 blocks high inside, the top floor will be a glass dome, but the floor will be usable either way, and will be 4-6 blocks high, whatever works best for the dome. The interior is not set in stone, and of course anything can be changed. Here is some pictures of it's layout and front design;

http://i54.tinypic.com/2znv712.png

http://i54.tinypic.com/2zjce2w.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ut6cfk.png

I was also thinking maybe a double-sized Corinthian emblem on the floor of the third floor, so the map generator will pick it up through the glass. Maybe it on the floor of the lobby so everyone can see it, either way. :-)

Nr1Asshole

Post by Nr1Asshole » 25 Jan 2011, 20:32

Northern expansion border is marked, I will leave it to some minions to build the wall this time since free time is a rare item these days for me :o

CprlLauc

Post by CprlLauc » 26 Jan 2011, 15:53

ARCHERY TOURNAMENTS

Every Friday I will be holding an Archery Tournament in the archery center next to the Plith town hall, Plith being a subset town of Corinth. If people need help getting to Plith or have any questions just post them here. And also, there are prizes for the winner! Tournaments will be held at 5:00 pm England time unless said otherwise.
You should be able to find us by following signs, but if not just say.
Enjoy the games and Good Luck!

P.S.
We do not promote any sort of violence or war by holding these tournaments, and any act of firing at another player shall be shamed and the shooter shall be SMITED (and probably reported)
"If your going to criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes"

TheMQG

Post by TheMQG » 27 Jan 2011, 05:27

I am starting to play on this server again and I would like to join the glorious corinthian empire. I have plans to create the Corinthian Empire's first gambling den (after I create a basic house and gather materials).

At the moment I have simply set up a crafting box and chest, but as soon as I get permission from one of the mayors, I will begin proper building, I won't need much room for a house, but the den will require some space.
Cthulhu Ftagn to all and to all a good night!

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 27 Jan 2011, 13:15

TheMQG wrote:I am starting to play on this server again and I would like to join the glorious corinthian empire. I have plans to create the Corinthian Empire's first gambling den (after I create a basic house and gather materials).

At the moment I have simply set up a crafting box and chest, but as soon as I get permission from one of the mayors, I will begin proper building, I won't need much room for a house, but the den will require some space.
Sure, we actually have a lot of space in the entertainment center. I could even set you up with a plot nearby. TheMQG is your u/n in minecraft?

TheMQG

Post by TheMQG » 27 Jan 2011, 22:17

jagorrax wrote:
TheMQG wrote:I am starting to play on this server again and I would like to join the glorious corinthian empire. I have plans to create the Corinthian Empire's first gambling den (after I create a basic house and gather materials).

Sure, we actually have a lot of space in the entertainment center. I could even set you up with a plot nearby. TheMQG is your u/n in minecraft?
Indeed it is, a slightly big plot would be best, as I am planning on the den having it's own modified spleef court, among other things.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 27 Jan 2011, 22:42

Cool, as I said, the enterainment center would be best for this project. You have as much space to expand. it currently houses a spleef arena and zombie fight club. No one runs it as of right now so if you want to take charge of that, feel free to do so.

TheMQG

Post by TheMQG » 27 Jan 2011, 23:38

Awesome, thanks for the help, could you tell me what part of Corinth the center is in?

EDIT: I'll gladly take charge, as I noticed that there is some general repair to be made anyway, thanks again.