The Vault 88 recruitment and discussion thread.

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Flux04
Retired

Re: The Vault 88 recruitment and discussion thread.

Post by Flux04 » 26 Dec 2010, 15:18

Application Form:
Name: Wiseybud (aka. Flux07)
Player rank (normal, Vet, VIP, VIPVET, Op, OP+): VET
time spent on the server: 2-3 months (just after halloween update)
any official warnings or worse?: Nope, I'm good as gold *innocent smile*

reason for joining:I can't mine under my house/island without running into either spawn or someone else's mineshaft. So I'm looking for a base to mine far enough away :)

notable skills: I can make bread for sammiches and I can tend to farms pretty well, also, I run a mod hotel :P

other information: I can add the female touch to vault 88 ^_^

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 26 Dec 2010, 17:29

THE INNER VAULT IS NOW OPEN TO BUILDING PROJECTS!

ive just finished the final checks and lit up some Mob friendly places and i think its good to go! of course there are still the caves attached to one of the tunnels but those have been blocked off with doors (please keep em shut).

to get to the Innter vault please go from the entrance to the long corridor on the left. (between two Obsidian "8"'s)

pass through the inner lobby and turn up the stairs into the Great Hall of Vault 88. there are currently 3 tunnels coming off of the great hall of which only the left and right ones are safe. (the south tunnel has hit a mother load of caves which need lighting and sealing)

pick a spot in the tunnels and mine yourself a room in the walls. Basements are allowed (just dont blame me if you hit Lava) but please keep your buildings to a medium size so others can build in their as well.

please suggest a decoration for the centre of the main hall.

Thats All! Have fun in there Fellow Vault Dwellers!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

herpmyderp

Post by herpmyderp » 26 Dec 2010, 19:23

Wiseybud wrote:Application Form:

reason for joining:I can't mine under my house/island without running into either spawn or someone else's mineshaft. So I'm looking for a base to mine far enough away :)

notable skills: I can make bread for sammiches and I can tend to farms pretty well, also, I run a mod hotel :P

I think that this person is a bad choice.

The samiches may be delicious, but this person is a terrorist murderer killer slaughter person. She burns people.
Achievement unlocked: Banhammer Hat-trick.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 26 Dec 2010, 23:33

herpmyderp wrote:

The samiches may be delicious, but this person is a terrorist murderer killer slaughter person. She burns people.
well the last "terrorist murderer killer slaughter person" we had in the vault was integral to its original structure.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

kyconny

Post by kyconny » 27 Dec 2010, 08:17

Application Form:
Name:Kyconny
Player rank (normal, Vet, VIP, VIPVET, Op, OP+):VIP
time spent on the server:1 week
any oficial warnings or worse?:Greifers were coming in my shop and stealing stock. So I burnt them. Mod who I didn't know was mod teled to me burnt him as I thought he was a greifer. Got a last chance, but im not on the warnings list.
Haven't broke one rule since

reason for joining: YOUR MINE IS MASSIVE, And yes I know where it is lol.

notable skills:Very good with electronics IRL, but can't use em in escapia because im not vetran -.-

other information: Placing the vault directly under a town wasn't such a good idea lol.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 Dec 2010, 11:57

kyconny wrote:Application Form:
any oficial warnings or worse?:Greifers were coming in my shop and stealing stock. So I burnt them. Mod who I didn't know was mod teled to me burnt him as I thought he was a greifer. Got a last chance, but im not on the warnings list.

notable skills:Very good with electronics IRL, but can't use em in escapia because im not vetran -.-

other information: Placing the vault directly under a town wasn't such a good idea lol.
one... its not a mine... i told you this before.

two... iresponsable use of fire? your gonna have to wait a while.

three... wrongly suggesting we built Vault 88 beneath that town... we were there before anyone except Lathania.

please check your facts before posting this AND USE PROPER ENGLISH!

[/Rage]
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

ReaperOfDeath

Post by ReaperOfDeath » 27 Dec 2010, 12:09

vallorn wrote:
herpmyderp wrote:

well the last "terrorist murderer killer slaughter person" we had in the vault was integral to its original structure.
I vote yes to Wisey. A female touch to Vault 88 would be nice. I think we also need to expand our wheat farm if we have one?

ReaperOfDeath

Post by ReaperOfDeath » 27 Dec 2010, 12:10

kyconny wrote:Application Form:

Hmm..do you have any other reason for joining Vault 88 other than it being massive, and calling it a mine?

kyconny

Post by kyconny » 29 Dec 2010, 04:41

ReaperOfDeath wrote:
Hmm..do you have any other reason for joining Vault 88 other than it being massive, and calling it a mine?
Errr sorry about that.
Itl is in it, and he seems to have alot of fun. It seems to be such a expansion to fort Itl and there is no chance of greifers either. Plus vault 88 will give me something to do when i'm bored because vault 88 has no limit. It's underground. And as its underground I can expand all I like.

That is all :)

EDIT:I will also be wearing the vault 88 skin 8-)

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Dec 2010, 05:42

kyconny wrote:
ReaperOfDeath wrote:
Errr sorry about that.
Itl is in it, and he seems to have alot of fun. It seems to be such a expansion to fort Itl and there is no chance of greifers either. Plus vault 88 will give me something to do when i'm bored because vault 88 has no limit. It's underground. And as its underground I can expand all I like.

be very carefull when your expanding. we set up in a lava and cave rich area. i wouldnt want a lava/EGP flood in the vault so seal the caves off with doors when you finds em.

"a Expansion to fort itl"... sounds like you dont think much of us...
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

kyconny

Post by kyconny » 29 Dec 2010, 06:16

vallorn wrote:
kyconny wrote:
ReaperOfDeath wrote:
Errr sorry about that.

be very carefull when your expanding. we set up in a lava and cave rich area. i wouldnt want a lava/EGP flood in the vault so seal the caves off with doors when you finds em.

"a Expansion to fort itl"... sounds like you dont think much of us...
wait does that mean I'm in?

junkmanuk

Post by junkmanuk » 29 Dec 2010, 07:19

For information...

I chose the location of the Vault when the server was open to VIP status only, on the day of the server reopening.

The Vault is not an expansion of anything.

The location was specifically chosen in an area which, at the time, was free of any population while *relatively* close to spawn. Whether others have chosen to build in the vicinity is not an indication of affiliation. In fact, the vault is deliberately far underground to avoid as much cross-build as possible.
No... not while you think it's an extension of a town which didn't even exist when we founded it.
Yes to Wisey though

Vall - when you get a mo can you change my position to chief architect ;)
Last edited by junkmanuk on 30 Dec 2010, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

nickjf20

Post by nickjf20 » 29 Dec 2010, 19:15

Hi, I would like to apply for vault membership please.

My mc name is nickjf20 and although I've only been on the server a few days now, I really think I'd make a good contribution to the famous vault!

I'd like to say I'm good at minecraft electronics, having built an 8 way one press track selector in my sp, and I'm building an escapecraft minecart system to eventually link all the big cities together. I'm waiting for vet status to lay down tracks and redstone, but all the foundations and the building is already there for fort itl ... You're welcome to have a look !

And no, I haven't had any warnings from anyone!

Thanks,
Nick

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 29 Dec 2010, 20:46

I have access to the vault? Why? :?:
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

itl

Post by itl » 29 Dec 2010, 21:25

nickjf20 wrote:Hi, I would like to apply for vault membership please.

My mc name is nickjf20 and although I've only been on the server a few days now, I really think I'd make a good contribution to the famous vault!

I'd like to say I'm good at minecraft electronics, having built an 8 way one press track selector in my sp, and I'm building an escapecraft minecart system to eventually link all the big cities together. I'm waiting for vet status to lay down tracks and redstone, but all the foundations and the building is already there for fort itl ... You're welcome to have a look !

And no, I haven't had any warnings from anyone!

Thanks,
Nick
Nick has been helpful in those few days on the server and proved a trustworthy member of fort itl :)

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Dec 2010, 03:25

nickjf20 wrote:snip for brevity
Please use the aplication form provided in the OP
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Dec 2010, 03:27

The Bum wrote:I have access to the vault? Why? :?:
dunno. maybe someone added you because of a visit?

plus why would you complain about that. :lol:
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

kyconny

Post by kyconny » 30 Dec 2010, 05:38

an expansion to fort itl....
I don't know how big or small you are. And yes I think a lot of you. You have a underground community. Where people have to be trusted to get in and people can make stuff without the hassle that oooh what if a greifer comes along. Please accept me :)
Kyconny

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 30 Dec 2010, 14:12

vallorn wrote:

I'm not complaining...but I've never been there.....and I'm just curious as to why? (I'd love to visit :D)
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Dec 2010, 14:17

The Bum wrote:
vallorn wrote:

I'm not complaining...but I've never been there.....and I'm just curious as to why? (I'd love to visit :D)
dont ask me. Reaper drew up the original list. i havent removed anyone from it yet just added to it.

il PM you some directions to the vault.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

nickjf20

Post by nickjf20 » 30 Dec 2010, 20:26

Sorry for the bad formatting ... its hard on an ipod touch ! :oops:

Application Form:
Name: Nickjf20
Player rank (normal, Vet, VIP, VIPVET, Op, OP+): Normal
time spent on the server: A good couple of days on the new server, a week or so on the old under a different account.
any official warnings or worse?: Nope, :D

reason for joining: I would love an area which is private and therefore ungriefable, with a strong community that builds great looking projects and homes. I hope to bring a small minecart system to the vault, to compliment the huge public system im hoping to roll out above land.
notable skills: I'd like to say im good at minecraft electronics (know and use all the logic gates e.t.c), and i am adept at minecart systems. As soon as i recieve vet. status, I'll complete fort ITLs station and have it on a loop as a proof of concept until we have enough track to cover long distances.

other information: go and have a look how the station is coming on from time to time !

thanks

ntheawsome

Post by ntheawsome » 30 Dec 2010, 23:18

nickjf20 wrote:Sorry for the bad formatting ... its hard on an ipod touch !
so I'm not the only one here that uses an iPod touch. Nice to know
All that glitters is not gold, there's also diamonds and iron and redstone and...

kyconny

Post by kyconny » 31 Dec 2010, 06:33

junkmanuk wrote:For information...

I chose the location of the Vault when the server was open to VIP status only, on the day of the server reopening.

The Vault is not an expansion of anything.

The location was specifically chosen in an area which, at the time, was free of any population while *relatively* close to spawn. Whether others have chosen to build in the vicinity is not an indication of affiliation. In fact, the vault is deliberately far underground to avoid as much cross-build as possible.
No... not while you think it's an extension of a town which didn't even exist when we founded it.
It was a figure of speech.......

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 31 Dec 2010, 08:52

nickjf20 wrote: As soon as i recieve vet. status, I'll complete fort ITLs station and have it on a loop as a proof of concept until we have enough track to cover long distances.
Loop? Does that utilize a clock system? Because clock systems cause too much lag and are forbidden from the server.

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 31 Dec 2010, 09:10

superglitch wrote:Loop? Does that utilize a clock system? Because clock systems cause too much lag and are forbidden from the server.
Clocks are allowed for vet, and if they are registered (see thread in server information).
but i think he will do it with simple pressure plates and minecart-boosters/craftbook-boosterblocks.

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 31 Dec 2010, 09:44

He is referring to a track loop, not a clock.

Pretty much every minecart related mod does NOT NEED a clock.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 31 Dec 2010, 12:25

Name: theaquapunk
Player rank (normal, Vet, VIP, VIPVET, Op, OP+): Normal, applying for vet soon.
time spent on the server: roughly 30 hours.
any oficial warnings or worse?: Nope, clean slate.

reason for joining: Vallorn is my brother and vault 88's rep suggests it would be a great place to pledge allegiance too.

notable skills: very good at repetitive, boring tasks, willing to do any job, quite technically minded, very good memory. I also have an abnormally high chance of getting saplings from trees (4-7 per tree)

other information:Vallorn is my brother, I know a lot about how to behave in the vault from him. I also have a house in Fort Itl.
The Horrorterrors made the world while God was sleeping.

buddy2020

Post by buddy2020 » 31 Dec 2010, 13:48

Application Form:
Name: Buddy2020
Player rank (normal, Vet, VIP, VIPVET, Op, OP+): normal, might be vet soon
time spent on the server: about 3 weeks, 6 hrs a day most of the time
any oficial warnings or worse?: suspended back when i first joined for duping (this is the first MP server ive been on)

reason for joining: would like a nice, secluded place to live away from all of the other cities, and i have too many houses to keep up with xD

notable skills: i can build a nice house... and i love mining

other information: i have no clue where the vault is, and once i joined id probably never go outside the vault

Please consider my application into vault 88!
thanks,
buddy

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 31 Dec 2010, 14:37

TheAquapunk wrote:Name: theaquapunk

reason for joining: Vallorn is my brother and vault 88's rep suggests it would be a great place to pledge allegiance too.

notable skills: very good at repetitive, boring tasks, willing to do any job, quite technically minded, very good memory. I also have an abnormally high chance of getting saplings from trees (4-7 per tree)

other information:Vallorn is my brother, I know a lot about how to behave in the vault from him. I also have a house in Fort Itl.
i usualy make the decisions for entry but i cant because Aqua's my sister (conflict of interest). can the other overseers give me thier opinions?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 31 Dec 2010, 15:18

vallorn wrote:
TheAquapunk wrote:Name: theaquapunk

i usualy make the decisions for entry but i cant because Aqua's my sister (conflict of interest). can the other overseers give me thier opinions?
If she can cook she's in. Lets just pray she doesn't set the bacon bunker on fire :)