The Building Of the Imperial City: Diggin is DONE!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Zinrius
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with moar minecar

Post by Zinrius » 30 May 2011, 15:08

Tulonsae wrote:So, um how do you get there? I'd never been to Terra before. Went there, found Crossroads and a sign that mentioned IC, but no arrows or other signs. The only rail I found that goes north said it was closed or something.

I looked at the map so I had a general idea of where it is. Enough to know that I don't want to walk all the way there.
Next time we're both online, i'll lead the way.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 30 May 2011, 21:30

lionheart_1 wrote:
Tulonsae wrote:So, um how do you get there? I'd never been to Terra before. Went there, found Crossroads and a sign that mentioned IC, but no arrows or other signs. The only rail I found that goes north said it was closed or something.

I looked at the map so I had a general idea of where it is. Enough to know that I don't want to walk all the way there.
Take the road to wokka's world. On your way, you'll find a highway to the Imperial City.
Thank you, I'll try that.
--Tulonsae

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 02 Jun 2011, 17:35

Update: Level 1, Southeast Corner Cleared!

Not much to go now for the lower level. Everyone can focus on the the Northeast corner, which unfortunately is a big mess. But I will rectify that in a short amount of time 8-)

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 02 Jun 2011, 18:10

Yey us :D
soon it will be time to remove the upper parts...
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 03 Jun 2011, 14:31

I haven't been able to log into minecraft for so long I think I may be going through withdrawal...
I'm not too good at thinking up cleaver stuff to say...:(

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 03 Jun 2011, 23:16

Me and Rodech were out exploring near my project the other day. Turns out my project is near IC and Lion's Priory of the Nine (Which looks nice, and cool Blastoise). Needless to say, I'll be popping over to do some digging now and then.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 04 Jun 2011, 11:57

Level 1 NE 100% clear!
Which leads to this:

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 04 Jun 2011, 12:34

Well then, when level 2 NE is clear, we are done with the lover levels all around (y)
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 05 Jun 2011, 09:40

ZOMG!

Blackadder doing work at IC!?

Warehouse V2 construction, is almost done need to start the insides and make it not look like crap.

Massive thanks to drox for the help with that.

Once again, I am still amazed by the amount of work that has been done in terms of digging in the small time. This is shapping up to be very very awesome. A proper update incoming soon,

Also, some of you might have noticed that the Arena looks small, we forgot that the game uses two maps. One for outside and inside :/

Therefore it shall be more like a badarse museum but once again it will be explained in a big update.

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

random980

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with moar diggin!

Post by random980 » 05 Jun 2011, 11:24

OMG PEOPLE!
Im getting of my lazy unmotivated butt and coming back to slave over work on IC :D
dont all hold your applauses and gasps of excitement at once...
I will start again sometime tomorrow (aus time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 05 Jun 2011, 19:43

Massive Update from the Excavation Crew:

PHASE 1: LEVELS 1, 2 AND 3 100% CLEARED!!!!! WEEEE!
3533 - animated dancing pinkie_pie show_girl.gif
So yeah... now we start the dubious task of moving everything up to floor 4 and working at that level first then going up, just as we did all the previous levels. But at least any and all planning by the construction crew is doable as they can see all of their workspace (well, most of it anyway).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 06 Jun 2011, 05:31

Updated OP

New pics soon

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 09 Jun 2011, 16:15

Since I was thinking about it, I wanted to give a rundown to anyone still wanting to help where to begin digging even if I am not around. I have decided the best course of action is to now do an entire corner top to bottom, taking out sections and hangovers and anything around the area first before proceeding to another corner. This way we can control where work is being done, and help us see a change every time we log in to see progress, rather than everyone all doing their own thing in some random place. It may also help deal with insanity if you might be suffering from that after seeing just how much work still needs to be done.

Basically, when you arrive at the IC warehouse (still thinking about the old one flying up above, will obviosuly change a little bit when the new one is finished), You want to find a lift that will take you down to "4th Floor Platform" as seen here:
2011-06-09_15.02.36.png
This Lift should take you here:
2011-06-09_15.03.24.png
Out in the distance there is a nice big storage area to set up your boxes for what you need, making sure to label them with a sign and your name. Please note that if you dig down from there you will fall and will probably die. You can survive the fall if you have full HP and Iron armor that is at least decent durability.

Anyway, the area you are in is the North West Corner of the IC construction. I should have the edges mapped out so you shouldn't dig farther than that. But basically just pick an area and start digging, especially in areas that just look unorganized and messy, as there will be a lot of that. At this point I really don't think I mind you using TNT a bit without an ordered system, but still have some common sense about it. I WILL NOT tolerate huge uneven messy holes that go straight to the bottom. At the very least patch them up with cobblestone so no one accidently fall in and die as mentioned above.

But yeah, just stick to that area exclusively until its 100% done, as to which I will clean up the edges to confirm that when the time comes.

Also, a word to anyone who still has their stuff down below an old level 2 platform. Your stuff is still there, and there is still a railway connecting it and the Level 4 NE corner area together (you can see the railway in the second picture). No rush, but when you get the chance, move your stuff and dismantle your boxes, or else when the time comes the construction crew may smash the boxes and anything inside them if they need to build there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 09 Jun 2011, 19:48

If anyone feels like tackling a ginormous cavern, there's this thing in the NE corner, right up near the front. Just cross the bridge and fade left, you can't miss it...
Which leads to this:

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 18 Jun 2011, 03:12

Hey guys, I know I'm usually on a lot doing work at IC and overseeing progress, but lately my Internet has just been really slow and playing is just unbearable. On top of that I am planning to move at the end of this month so in the future I will be without internet entirely. But I try and check everyday to see whats been going on.

In any case, great progress is being made on the Northwest Corner, but there is still plenty to do. The good news is that when you think about it, once a whole corner is done that is 1/4 of the way there for the final majority of the excavation. Undoubtedly I suspect that after all said and done the walls will have to fixed and patched up so its not riddled with holes or material other than stone/cobblestone (or better yet replace everything with nice smooth stone for professionalism 8-) )

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 Jun 2011, 05:20

wait inf. your gonna "BE without internet in the future"? for how long or is it permanent?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 19 Jun 2011, 04:36

vallorn wrote:wait inf. your gonna "BE without internet in the future"? for how long or is it permanent?
lol wups, yeah its only temporary until I get internet up at the new place. If it were permanent I don't know how long I'd last before I'd lose my mind.

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 19 Jun 2011, 21:34

Am I correct in assuming we bring our own TNT? I used about 2 stacks of my own earlier today to clear a sizable chunk of stone (a double chest's worth of it). Pretty clean results in my eyes.
Spoiler! :

The strip of torches along the right edge is most of the area I cleared. The mass of stone matched up with the the tall mass that's to the left.

This pit was already there, I just evened it out.

So as long as I use TNT to get those results, I'm good right?

Edit: Today was my second time visiting IC, first time actually mining/diggin anything there.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 19 Jun 2011, 21:52

If you are on with infesord join /ch ic and ask for a replacement.

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 19 Jun 2011, 21:54

A replacement? Of what might I ask?

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 19 Jun 2011, 22:15

Oh sorry >-< Of the tnt you used, we happily provide it :) and i than you for help made :)

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 19 Jun 2011, 22:17

Ah, very well then. I'll stick to preparing areas for TNT with picks in the meantime. Thanks for clearing that up.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 20 Jun 2011, 21:10

Wow, nice work Rodech, I can try and get on from time to time, but I really don't know what it is, but the lag I get playing on Escapecraft is pretty much unplayable for me. Unless this is a Minecraft thing and not because my ISP is just being a jerk to me I don't know what I'm gonna do to continue working.

But I think I can get ya the TNT ya need. Thats the very least I can try and do.

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 25 Jun 2011, 12:27

Northwest section is clearing up pretty quick. Should be completely clear within a week or so.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 26 Jun 2011, 08:26

Small Update from me.

And the small structure that is to the bottom left I have already talked to.

Iceideth

Post by Iceideth » 26 Jun 2011, 08:35

Well, Adder, I found a new spot for the town, but it seems that I can't PM you yet, since I just registered. I will either have to wait until I can PM you, or we could find someway for me to give you the cords.

Blackadder51
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with moar tnt!

Post by Blackadder51 » 26 Jun 2011, 08:37

Fantastic, oh yes you need 3 posts to be able to PM me.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 26 Jun 2011, 11:38

Blackadder51 wrote:Fantastic, oh yes you need 3 posts to be able to PM me.
Pretty sure it was reduced to just one post, wasn't it? He should be able to PM you now.

EDIT: IC looks baws.

Rodech

Post by Rodech » 27 Jun 2011, 12:11

Ok, someone built a wooden staircase in the corner of the NW section within IC's borders...is that safe to get rid of?

Edit: Also, what about that sandstone arch by the bridge?

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 27 Jun 2011, 21:38

Blackadder51 wrote:Small Update from me.

And the small structure that is to the bottom left I have already talked to.
LOL Yeah I went to see that place. It looks pretty cool and interesting but yeah they kinda are in claimed land. But I mean how do you not see the huge Mydrox hole and the IC tower, and everything else? Truth is stranger than fiction as they say.
Rodech wrote:Ok, someone built a wooden staircase in the corner of the NW section within IC's borders...is that safe to get rid of?

Edit: Also, what about that sandstone arch by the bridge?
I've thought about them too. Im pretty sure if they were important it would have a sign on it or it would be cuboided. I plan on removing them when I get the chance.