The Official Draconian discussions and enlistment thread.

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
arogon343

The Official Draconian discussions and enlistment thread.

Post by arogon343 » 15 Jan 2012, 21:23

An introduction of sorts...
Well ladies and gents. You may be wondering, What is this 'Draconax' And why should i pay any attention to it?
I'll tell you why.
We are, and have been one of the largest cities on the sever and in World III for some time now. But we had a problem. A big one. We were falling behind. We had streets of derelict buildings and outdated rules. The town was becoming weaker by the day. But we found a solution. In a matter of weeks we have and are continuing to rejuvenate one of the oldest cities on the server and make the Draconax once more a hub of activity and commerce.
It now has towering walls of solid stone brick, A massive castle from where the Lords live, streets of new plots available and much, much more.
Interested at all? Read on.

The differing parts of Draconax and the DSSR

The DSSR consists of many different components, From the main city of Draconax, to its Trading companies, Many outposts, to its colonies in far away lands. Here is a list of, and brief explanation of, the different parts of the DSSR.
They consist of:

. The Central city of Draconax This is the largest and most important part of the DSSR and is the DSSR's birthplace. It houses many different buildings such as the lords castle, Information building, Ancient stone creeper, The Lord's Compound and the Peace treaty building (Which contains the original treaty signed by all the founding members of Draconax and what is now Saphiri)

. DIAS corp. This is the DSSR's Trading branch, its headquarters is in the skylands. (Sag185 is head of sales in DIAS) It is also the source of the DSSR's science department.

. The 'Borjan' Expeditionary settlement. This is a new addittion to the DSSR thanks to the agreement made with Turbo _Turban to join the DSSR. It is a small viking village nestled in north Borjan near an ocean.

. The DSSR also includes many fortresses and outposts throughout the many worlds of Escapcraft, You will be able to tell them apart as they will be clearly marked with signs as a DSSR fortress or outpost. These are useful as rest stops, usually having beds, crafting and enchanting tables and furnaces. Also, they look awesome.

. The 'Little village'. This is a very small settlement, tucked away in the mountains of World III, This is where the lords of Draconax have their private holiday homes and the location of Draconax's Main treasure vault.

. The DSSR also has various other projects that are in various stages of construction, but are not completed yet.

More about Draco: What is there to do?

Well besides living in Draconax, You can visit and do many things such as:

Draconax Castle
The Draconax castle is a wonder. As one of the first buildings one might see coming out of spawn, the draconax castle is a wonder to the eye. With its majestic stone brick walls looming towers, and its lava eagle insignia on the front, it truly is a sight to behold. The Draconax castle marks the massive modernisation task taken on to make Draconax new and relevant again. The inside of this giant structure is decked lavishly with red carpet, and upon walking around you will discover a multitude of rooms, each with an individual purpose and style. This, I believe, is a must see when coming to Draconax.

The Dragons Wing Airship (The stone standard)
Just walking along casually, down the MKindy highway, and suddenly an airship looms into view. What is this you wonder? She is the mighty TDS Stone Standard, our own personal airship to do all our dirty fighting work, this giant awe-inspiring balloon is decked out with quarters, a furnace room and an expansive deck with amazing views, to look over the freshly renovated killing fields around draconax. Made of angel white wool and the blood red wool showing our great towns name, this monument is a must visit to all newcomers

Armageddon Class Anti-UFO Cannon
Although a small monument, this Anti-UFO Cannon powered its way into our hearts in Draconax, and there it stayed, occasionally coming into use when draconax is threatened, the small obsidian and iron block structure packs a mighty punch. In case of a backup, the Draconians thought of every eventuality, even constructing a backup generator for this hardy device. Its terror inducing view is sure to make visitors flinch and even hardy veterans wet themselves.

The archery range
Whether you have the accuracy of a blind, limbless duck. Or are a modern robin hood. It can never hurt to refine your archery skills or have a game of target practice with a fellow Draconian!

Information Centre
The information centre is a new structure to Draconax, and is the hub of all our town stands for, condensed into a building. Of course something is lost in translation, but I guess as you’re reading this, you will soon know our glorious town for what it is, and that is that it’s amazing. Highlighted with a giant green I magically floating above it, you can’t miss it, and it is pretty much essential viewing for newcomers. Fitting in with the general style of new Draconax, this building somehow manages to stand out among the rest, with its odd half step construction, and is a favourite among regular Draconax visitors.

The Draconax Mobtower!
This is a simple way of acquiring mob loot! 'Nuff said!

The 'Boot and Shoe Tavern'
Although serving no other purpose other than a place to go afk or sit and chat in local with some friends while enjoying a bite to eat. This building is one of the oldest in Draconax and has a special place in the cities heart.

The Tree farm and Grand mine
These facilities have been around since Draconax began and since they haven't been changed, its fairly obvious that these facilities are set out in a tried and tested way that can't be improved!

Many more facilities to be added as soon as I have slept and can continue typing!

How can I join the DSSR? D:
Its simple. Just follow these 3 steps.
1 Leave a post in the thread expressing your will to join, and a reason explaining what you could bring to the DSSR.
2 Await your reply in the form of a forum PM
3 Find one of the people authorized in game to get you settled into your new home.
And hey presto, your a strong, proud Draconian!

EDIT: I decided on having some music in here. SO.

Draconax's Main theme (undecided):

Some more fitting tunes:

Written by Arogon343 and aided by Sag185
(Spell-checked by XDelphi)
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

SMWasder
Retired

Re: The Official Draconian discussions and enlistment thread

Post by SMWasder » 17 Jan 2012, 13:53

I'd be interested in a plot, I don't own so much as a dirtblock in Terra. I guess there's not all that much I can offer, lots of buildings I've made are fairly pretty, but then again, they are built to my tastes. I'll gladly help out a bit on any projects, if you need a hand.
WWTDD

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 17 Jan 2012, 15:41

We'd be glad to have you, Wasder. I think you've proved your worth, given you've helped me out on solo shifts before with newbies and such. So speak to me or Aro in game, and we'll get a plot for you set up.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 29 Jan 2012, 07:52

Ah draco, my first home :D and I remember helping build the airship!

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Jan 2012, 09:09

ah Draconax. I have many glorious memories of that place. like laying siege to it with the Alpharius Inititive and Raven Empire and building the Blackadder Rolarcoastrr Of Love outside it... I would be happy to offer you guys an embassy plot in Lords Landing :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

random980

Post by random980 » 29 Jan 2012, 11:30

On behalf of your comrades at the USSR, i approve of this thread!
Also id like to drop a mention of a possible Olympic tournament between the main empires of Terra! We'll get back to you on this though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 29 Jan 2012, 11:44

random980 wrote:On behalf of your comrades at the USSR, i approve of this thread!
Also id like to drop a mention of a possible Olympic tournament between the main empires of Terra! We'll get back to you on this though
A competition? That sounds interesting.
And we generally dont doll out embassies Vall. If you want to push for it, Arrange a meeting with Either me or delph.
Oh and we'd like to Welcome SMW into the DSSR as part of DIAS corp.
Hurrah!
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 29 Jan 2012, 12:55

Howdy Allies! good to see that you got a thread.

Also, there's always been a question that I've wanted to ask, What does DSSR stand for?

I hope that we can get that Olympics idea off the ground, it actually sounds interesting if we can think up events.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 30 Jan 2012, 11:40

Y'know, I kinda forgot what it stood for, but I'll come up with something for you! :P

And yeah, we are all for that, just let us know what needs doing, building or organizing or whatever, and we'll get on it.

In other news, we're laying out plans for a cathedral. A really big cathedral, although bear in mind it won't have a specific religion tied to it, to avoid religious discrimination or offence of any kind.
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 30 Jan 2012, 11:43

Religion of the Cookie Monster Sneakypie?

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 30 Jan 2012, 13:18

It will probably be dedicated to some pseudo God, like some half man half dragon thing. We'll think of something :D
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Jan 2012, 13:52

dedicate it to Sneaky or i shall rain fire and brimstone upon your mortal coil. :twisted:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 30 Jan 2012, 16:24

vallorn wrote:dedicate it to Sneaky or i shall rain fire and brimstone upon your mortal coil. :twisted:
Maybe.... Maybe. But i allready had a shrine planned for sneaky on the other end of the city...
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Jan 2012, 17:54

arogon343 wrote:
vallorn wrote:dedicate it to Sneaky or i shall rain fire and brimstone upon your mortal coil. :twisted:
Maybe.... Maybe. But i allready had a shrine planned for sneaky on the other end of the city...
... that is acceptable...
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 22:59

Once i finish my HUGE gothic cathedral in creative ill be happy for it to be copied over to Draconax! If you want to see it just ask when you see me in game. (It really is big)
Also if you have ANY event ideas for the Olympics please post them in the USSR thread! We have, Spleef. Swimming. Hurdles. Jump Course. Player V Mob and Archery so far!
Eekum Bokum

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 31 Jan 2012, 01:51

random980 wrote:Once i finish my HUGE gothic cathedral in creative ill be happy for it to be copied over to Draconax! If you want to see it just ask when you see me in game. (It really is big)
Also if you have ANY event ideas for the Olympics please post them in the USSR thread! We have, Spleef. Swimming. Hurdles. Jump Course. Player V Mob and Archery so far!
I shall have to come and check it out! :D
And what about a 100m sprint? Or an obstacle course?
Ill think of some ideas.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

random980

Post by random980 » 31 Jan 2012, 07:09

arogon343 wrote:
random980 wrote:Once i finish my HUGE gothic cathedral in creative ill be happy for it to be copied over to Draconax! If you want to see it just ask when you see me in game. (It really is big)
I shall have to come and check it out! :D
And what about a 100m sprint? Or an obstacle course?
Ill think of some ideas.
I thought about a sprint, then i realized everyone has the exact same speed... :? An obstacle course is what i meant by a jump course. Unless we make it more like, hurdles are simple hurdles, obstacle course is kinda like awkward hurdles and water pits, ect and jump course is like a parkour course with high obstacles and walls and such. We can probably make a cross country race to! Actually, good idea aro :D
Eekum Bokum

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 31 Jan 2012, 15:00

Le praise for Aro
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

random980

Post by random980 » 04 Apr 2012, 03:27

The Olympics thread is up!!
check it here comrades!
http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 942#p97942
Eekum Bokum

Rhaff

Post by Rhaff » 10 Apr 2012, 09:43

I would like to join the DSSR at the Borjan Expeditionary settlement. Although since I am new on the server, I don't have that much to offer except access to my nearby resource farm. I would of course help with projects in the settlement, and do my part in establishing the DSSR's foothold in Borjan. Also with me being icelandic and what not, it would be silly to not have my first village house to be in a viking themed village :)

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 11 Apr 2012, 05:46

Wonderful, im sure you will make a wonderful addition to the empire, Just find me or delphi in game and tell us to get you settled in :)
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

random980

Post by random980 » 27 Apr 2012, 09:35

Ive finished my aweshum Gothic cathedral in creative. Did you guys still want it copied over to Draconax at some stage? Also you people should probably see it at some stage to ._.
Eekum Bokum

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 29 Apr 2012, 13:15

PM the coords to me and ill take a look for it :D

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 29 Apr 2012, 17:11

Just a note, something pretty big is on the horizon. A few of you may know what i mean when i say that it could change the relationships between all of cities for good. Others of you will read this with a very puzzled expression.
When its nearer to being done ill reveal more, but for now ill keep you waiting.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.