[Zork] Mythology

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
TLuke222

[Zork] Mythology

Post by TLuke222 » 14 Dec 2011, 13:11

Welcome to the Zork Mythology (Zortheism) Topic

For those of you wondering who or what Zork is you aught to read the original topic.

Zortheism is a polytheistic religion consisting of 15 major gods, based on the colours of wool. As a result white and black symbolize the two major gods. Netheia is the dark goddess of vampires, zombies, insomniacs, assassins, nocturnal creatures, and all other things of the night and darkness. Aetheion in the light god of humans, unicorns (not including zombie unicorns), the sun, life, and stability.
Aetheion and Netheia were a couple, but found themselves lonely. So they created the first colour: grey. Its name was Vollentus. Vollentus was their first creation and just like our first drawings or speech; it was crude. Netheia and Aetheion had not thought much about how it would look or think or exist, only that they wanted a companion. Vollentus is dull, uncreative, and sickly. He is the god of non-fiction, dusk, sickness, and lawyers.
Aetheion and Netheia were very upset with their first creation; each blamed the other for their mistakes. They began terrible fights; to escape their wrath Vollentus created The End and escaped to there. It is said he still dwells there in the form of a dragon.
In their last fight, Aetheion and Netheia almost destroyed the first world. The energys they released formed the first living things. Afterward, wounded, they both fled to worlds of their own creation. Netheia dwells in the fiery Nether where it is said she created her own servants to inhabit elaborate fortresses till she became bored and they faded. Aetheion dwells in the Aether, he appointed several guardians to watch over the realm, but they defied him and were banished to dungeons.
The beings formed during their war included several new gods and humans. The strongest of these newly formed gods are Pyron, Hydreya, and Laisius. Pyron and Hydreya are twin gods. Pyron is the red fire god; Hydreya is the blue water god. Laisius is unique among gods. He was formed as a being of pure energy, this energy manifested and although he retains his form, the energy of his birth has locked him in eternal torment. To enact revenge Laisius seeks to destroy and torment all lesser beings. Pyron and Hydreya were both weaker than Laisius, so to end his reign they worked together to form a prison for Laisius. Their creation was the living storm: Thundant. Thundant represents light grey. Their combined power was able to capture and imprison Laisius. But not for ever. It is said that one day Thundant will die and Laisius will come again to wreak his vengeance.
After their struggle Hydreya and Pyron made a pack never to enter battle on opposite sides. Turning their attention to the early humans, Hydreya and Pyron began to help the early humans. Worshiped as gods, they were pleased. Their first child was Flora. Flora is purple; she is the goddess of flowers, scents, butterflies, bees, and rainbows. Flora soon fell in love with an young human. Her love was so strong that the human became a new god. This new god was Fawn. Fawn is dark green, he is the god of nature, farming, medicine, and sleep. They spread their love accost the first world and transformed it into the one we know today.

That's all i have right now, if any one has suggestions for the rest of the gods/ colours please post them; if not, i plan to continue writing when ever i have time (which isn't often). Does any one know how to indent? tab doesn't seem to work and the four space i put in a the begining of each paragraph are erased
Last edited by TLuke222 on 28 Dec 2011, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

xJackFrost

Re: [Zork] Mythology

Post by xJackFrost » 26 Dec 2011, 00:02

I do believe it would not be,"multi-theistic" it would be polytheistic. Nice, and creative work though =)

TLuke222

Re: [Zork] Mythology

Post by TLuke222 » 28 Dec 2011, 23:46

Thanks xD i hadn't even realized it. I'm kinda sad, I haven't even found time to work on it in the last 3-4 weeks.
I'm the Zork Town planner.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator

Generation 28 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

"Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
-Arthur Weasley