Starting an enchanters guild

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
yabai_ninja

Starting an enchanters guild

Post by yabai_ninja » 10 Dec 2011, 19:47

Basically I have devised a system to gain high levels quickly by getting a bunch of players to gather xp, then go to PVP and have one player kill them. This is done once at a time and all people involved get their turn at the high level. Anyway just post if you wanna participate. I don't know how well this will work,but i think it should work alright. I'll add a list/schedule later if enough people are interested.

EDIT
ok here is the list so far
trovo22

just post that you want in, and i'll just add your name to the list. When enough people are on the list i'll set a day and time that we will do it.
Last edited by yabai_ninja on 12 Dec 2011, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

ziggylord

Re: Starting an enchanters guild

Post by ziggylord » 10 Dec 2011, 19:52

cant said person that had high XP in the first place just enchant the tool instead of goving thir XP to someone else? also does the die and drop xp thing still work?

Post by 697134002 » 10 Dec 2011, 19:57

ziggylord wrote:cant said person that had high XP in the first place just enchant the tool instead of goving thir XP to someone else? also does the die and drop xp thing still work?
No, he means all the people go and farm xp, go into pvp, give one person xp, have them enchant stuff, and repeat with a different person doing the enchanting.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 10 Dec 2011, 20:07

Interesting idea. Say you get a bunch of people to lvl10, then have one person kill them to reach level 50. That person gets their enchantment much quicker than they could have on their own. Then you do the same for the next person, and the next. By the time you've given everyone a turn it's the same amount of exp earned as if everyone had farmed it separately, but everyone except the poor guy at the end of the queue gets it sooner.

The risk is that once somebody near the front of the queue gets everything they wanted, but then might not be inclined to stick around to help everyone else catch up. Equally those stuck at the end of the queue might get annoyed at constantly giving up their exp, decide it's not worth it, and quit. The fewer people you have, the longer it takes, and the problem compounds somewhat.
The staff here are all trolls

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Dec 2011, 20:29

This sounds fun! The mage's guild! (to much skyrim...)
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

yabai_ninja

Post by yabai_ninja » 11 Dec 2011, 01:27

that helps jake, you are pointing out some of the flaws, so this is good data. Like i said in the first post, I don't know how well it will work, so the first people to do it will have to deal with the kinks of the system. I might just put myself last on the list just to keep peoples patience through the whole process. Also, I'm going to have harsh penalties for anyone who backs out without doing their 5-10 levels for everyone's turn. I'm talking about a permanent ban from the guild kind of thing, trade sanctions, etc. So hopefully i can get some trustworthy people to do this.
Also, at Zinrius, I might end up calling it the mages guild, so we can also share a load in gathering potions supplies as well as trading enchanted items, and potions and whatnot.

Anyway, hopefully this will work really well and end up being a really efficient way to do this. Keep in mind, the actual process will take place on the pvp world, so we could get poachers, so, strength in numbers. Guild members may have to defend themselves.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 11 Dec 2011, 02:38

Doesn't that not work when you die in pvp?

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 11 Dec 2011, 11:18

Each additional level costs more xp than the previous. So it isn't a simple "five lvl 10s = one lvl 50".
I also believe that only half of your xp drops when you die.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xp
When the player dies, they only drop half of their experience as orbs, rounded down to the nearest point. The other half vanishes.

yabai_ninja

Post by yabai_ninja » 11 Dec 2011, 13:42

Aenir_bEPU wrote:Each additional level costs more xp than the previous. So it isn't a simple "five lvl 10s = one lvl 50".
I also believe that only half of your xp drops when you die.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xp
When the player dies, they only drop half of their experience as orbs, rounded down to the nearest point. The other half vanishes.
Yeah i know that, i'm just assuming, that with enough players, the hard push from level 20-50 would be a lot easier with a bunch of people collecting xp for one person.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 11 Dec 2011, 13:56

As a moderator, I can't participate, but I just want to say this is the coolest idea yabai, I think it would definitely take a persons game to another level, if executed properly. I hope you guys can do it.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

trovo22

Post by trovo22 » 11 Dec 2011, 19:55

One thing. I would love to participate! Let me know when everything is in order and I'll start farming! PM me the info.
DURRR lalala NINJA!!!