The Town Of Papaya

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
superglitch

The Town Of Papaya

Post by superglitch » 29 Oct 2011, 11:12

The New and Improved Papaya Town Topic
Welcome to our topic. Right now, we are currently renovating the Town of Papaya, so this post will get some snazzy new pictures of all the new pretty buildings very soon. Now on to what our town is. We are a medium sized town with generous plots of land, a growing library ready for the onset of the next update, and nicely kept public buildings. boolprop42 and I are currently the only owners of Papaya who still play, but the other leaders are Razerwind, Thanatus, and Wardove706, who all have problems with minecraft, their internet, or procrastination.
Directions
Papaya is located in the North West (Going off of old directions, with the sun rising in the south and setting in the north currently) corner of the old part of Fyra. In the exact center of that area, so travel is difficult. The easiest ways to get to Papaya is to go West to HabourTown, and then either walk directly north, or take the tunnels located in HabourTown's Station north to the First Exit. For Walking directly north, just keep going straight, and you will eventually run into our town(Photos coming soon). For the Tunnels, when you take the first Exit, you will find that the lift brings you to a building on a road. Follow the road, and you will find our side entrance(Still working on getting the front entrance used)
Rules
Now comes the part where we tell you what you can and cannot do. This may be a rather long list of rules, but we will not be measuring and calculating everything you do to make sure it is legal, but if it comes to our attention that you are violating several rules, we will get on your case about it.
1. At least 1/5 of you land must be natural space, like a lake, farm, flower garden, or lawn. The reason behind this rule is that Papaya is built around being a backwoods kind of place. Having people who build right to the edge of their plot really ruins this and looks bad.
2. Keep your land looking good. Patchy plots look like patchy shaves, bad.
3. Dirt houses are terrible looking and terribly illegal. Say No to Dirt!
4. There isn't a real set height limit, but if you house is over 64 blocks tall, it is way too high. Keep your head when building your house, don't build a stairway to heaven.
5. Build a cool looking house. If you have problems with materials, we are always looking for someone to help us expand the current farms, so just ask.
6 We are extremely communist, but you need to work the farms in order to eat from our wonderful cafés. Don't be a drain.
7 This is beyond the server's be nice policy. Do not discuss politics, bully other players, or say stuff that is racist, homophobic, sexist, or discrimatory in any way. Accept one another and we will get along fine. We do not want people in our town that are blinded with hate.

That wraps up the rules, but you may be asking what happens if you break a rule. We are very flexible about the rules, but if you abuse the leeway we give you, you will be put under consideration for eviction. Other causes for eviction are breaking standard town rules, like building outside of your plot, or mining outside of designated areas(we will tell you where you can mine, and how we expect you to mine in each area), or a long period of abscence. Any reason for eviction will lead into basically the same process. First, we warn you, then we decide wether to evict you or not, and then you have two weeks to pack up and leave if we evict you.

What can I do in Papaya?
Well, if you lack something to do, you can always work on public projects with a leader's permission. Things like digging out more corridors for our library, or mining cobble for us(you keep the ores) will be the first things you do, but when we feel like we can trust you, you can suggest public projects, and if approved, can build a public building. Also, when the book update comes out, we will love to have any citizen write some books to put in the library. Any job you do will be paid, with the rate being decided on employment and completly equal across the board.

Now on to our insane town's plannings!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by superglitch on 21 Jul 2012, 11:10, edited 2 times in total.

Wildwill002

Re: The Town Of Papaya

Post by Wildwill002 » 29 Oct 2011, 14:26

AHH WORDS!

In other news, sounds like a nice place. Got any pictures?
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Oct 2011, 15:18

Wildwill002 wrote:AHH WORDS!

In other news, sounds like a nice place. Got any pictures?
this. so much this.

when it comes to towns you need pictures. use F2 screenshots from ingame or pictures from the Maps giving a top down view of the town.

it gives people a sense of what they are getting into. :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 29 Oct 2011, 23:35

pfft. You don't need pictures! you need Headings and colors. Cool colors make things interesting and it draws the eye in. Try making lots of headings and different colors and make everything BIG!

Also try to combine everything for the best effect

That's all that's needed for a successful thread.

In all honesty i may want a plot here, sounds like a nice vacation spot where i can actually play minecraft instead of pretending to manage a government.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Oct 2011, 12:07

Sounds like a nice place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 31 Oct 2011, 17:49

Isn't that a fruit?

Any pics? Everyone love pwetty pictures. I like the sound of it though.
WWTDD

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 02 Nov 2011, 19:02

I am working on getting some nice pictures, but as the whole town is under serious construction, and it's not the best looking atm, It will take some time. Hopefully some of the pictures I took when I was messing around with a water shader will do
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Nov 2011, 19:06

Also some coords for players to look around

xzxxxzxx

Post by xzxxxzxx » 04 Nov 2011, 11:54

well wolf lord

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 04 Nov 2011, 17:50

Please make sure a summary of your eviction rules are posted in the the settlement thread. That's the definitive place for town rules that don't follow server rules. (Maybe you have. I didn't check.)

If you don't have it in the settlement thread, then an eviction is 2 weeks (not 1). Personally, I think your rules sound good for your town. So just trying to make sure you know the procedures...
--Tulonsae

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 11 Nov 2011, 20:47

Ok, I got it. Sorry I'm screwing this up so much. It's very embarrassing. Coords are x -2967 z 3382. The town is getting close to the point of taking pictures, we just need to take down some scaffolding.

Midnight018

Post by Midnight018 » 22 Nov 2011, 14:40

Having some difficulty communicating with Town Council & stuff. I don't play often so I tend to miss them, if theres a way to PM me that'd be great since communicating via signs is wasting all of my wood and sticks.

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 22 Nov 2011, 22:31

Midnight018 wrote:Having some difficulty communicating with Town Council & stuff. I don't play often so I tend to miss them, if theres a way to PM me that'd be great since communicating via signs is wasting all of my wood and sticks.
I think it is ok to talk here, we just want to know if you know anything about people removing leaves from trees in your area.

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 21 Jul 2012, 11:12

With the renovations in Papaya, I have renovated the first post.

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 28 Aug 2012, 12:53

The town leaders have talked, and we are closing the town of Papaya. Current residents can stay in their plots, but be warned, leaving is permanent. This means Papaya is now private property.

Gannondorf1000
Location: Branchscape Proper, Imperial Branchscape Territory, Province of Borjan, Continent of Escapia

Post by Gannondorf1000 » 28 Aug 2012, 17:07

Quick question regarding Papaya being private property. I visit my old house in North Moor (Once in a Blue Moon thogh) Mainly for materials from my tower (now almost demolished for materials) and a large quantity of sand. As far as i remeber when i was in North Moor there was no problem for us to cut throgh the town to directly get to North Moor. If this changes let me know over PM thanks! Au Revoir!
It seems all of my signature and avatar has failed, I will fix as soon as I can!
???: You have no weapons, defenses, or a plan! The Doctor: I know and doesn't that scare you to death?