Harbortown & West Fyra

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
gigem06

Harbortown & West Fyra

Post by gigem06 » 07 Oct 2011, 21:21

Welcome to the Harbortown + Vicinity Information Thread.

This thread will be maintained by the HT Staff. If you want some information added please post it here. We'll add your info to the relevant area of the staff posts, and then probably delete your post (so there's not too much duplication).

This post is currently under construction. More information will be added as I have time :)

ABOUT HARBORTOWN

Harbortown is located at the 1st Stop on the Fyra West Rail. We're a booming town with 20+ active players, and we have room for further growth. This post will serve as an overview of town and a reference for visitors and residents. The thread (like all Escapecraft group threads) will hold town-specific discussion.

JOINING HARBORTOWN

If you would like to join Harbortown please visit us in-game, or post an application here. After your application has been processed and you've been set up we'll delete your post so this thread doesn't get cluttered.

The joining process works like this:

1. You apply for a plot.
2. You come to town and go through orientation, where you'll learn the town rules and about the town resources.
3. You become an Initiate and we'll put you on a starter plot to build your starter cabin. The starter plot is intentionally small, and is intended as a temporary building for you to demonstrate and/or learn building skills. Harbortown prides itself on being well-built, and we are very proactive in making sure the buildings are high quality.
4. Once your starter cabin is approved we will promote you to Citizen. As a citizen you'll gain access to a standard plot and more town resources, and you'll be able to continue moving up from there.

HARBORTOWN RANKS

Mayor / Founder: Runs the town, creates / assigns plots, assigns ranks/positions within town.

Deputies: Have the same authority as Mayor and can only be overruled by the Mayor.

Watchmen: Help manage town and keep an eye on things. Watchmen are assigned to a sector, and within that sector they can make decisions about buildings / plots if the mayor and deputies are all offline. Watchmen are authorized to add new people to their sector cube. A sector may have one or more watchmen.

Associate: Associates are individuals who lead smaller settlements that have asked to be annexed in to Harbortown. They have the same authority as Watchmen within their original settlement.

Citizen: The normal rank of Harbortown, these are people who live in town and can have two building sites and access to all the shared resources. Citizens have proven their ability to work within the town rules, be good neighbors, and build well.

Initiate: This is someone who just arrived in town. Initiates are given an intentionally tiny 'Starter Plot' to demonstrate or learn building skill. Harbortown prides itself on being well-designed, and we require people to practice skillful building before moving to full citizenship.

HARBORTOWN MANAGEMENT
Mayor: gigem06
Deputies: F81TZ, DigDugger1018
Watchmen:
- einwolf319: HT-Central
- Vanguard1219: HT-Northeast (Note: this is the area we normally just call "HT-East")
- Packadurm: HT-West
- smackus95: HT-East (Note: this is the area around the Tower St. Bridge)
- JudgedCashew: Armitage (HT-Pit)
- steveab: Armitage (HT-Pit)

Associates:
- XxGhostxReconxX: Benchwood District
- Iron_Fang: Skymarket Plaza

HARBORTOWN RESIDENTS
See the resident directory below, maintained by Einwolf319. If you are not on the directory, you need to be. Please post a message below, and/or PM Einwolf, and he or I will add you to the official list.

HARBORTOWN SECTOR MAP
Last edited by gigem06 on 09 Oct 2011, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

einwolf319

Re: Harbortown & West Fyra

Post by einwolf319 » 14 Oct 2011, 06:37

Hey everyone
I thought with all the new people moving into Harbortown and the vicinity, it might be nice to have a kind of town directory so that everyone can know who lives in the town. I'll get it started with the people I can remember off the top of my head, and we can update it from there. In addition to names and ranks, I thought it might make for a better sense of community if everyone listed where their primary residence was in HT. For those who have multiple houses, rooms, etc, just pick the one you're most likely to be found at. If I made a mistake, let me know.

Governor of HT and the Pit:
F81TZ

Co-Mayors:
Digdugger1018: HT
steveab: The Pitt

Deputies
JudgedCashew
Packadurm
Einwolf319

Watchmen:
Vanguard1219: HT Northeast
Smackus95: Skypillar / HT East

Citizens:
Amazing128: HT West
Skullferno: HT Northeast
Myentirety: HT Northeast
Honeydewiscool: The Pit
NeonRaven: The Pit
XxGhostReconxX: HT South
Jackgarr: The Pit
Rhinoriley: HT Northeast
Iron_Fang: Somewhere in PvP
Tenan: HT Central
DavidArnold2: HT Northeast
FUDAAA: HT West

Initiates:
Cleveland_Joe

People I know exist but can't be bothered to find the status or correct name of:
Nebelleron
Cloudroth
coolguy7711
Sarhok
Shiloh
deathpruff
Fallon
Dexextra

Those who Have Deserted Us: :p
Motormaniac: his own private island
Last edited by einwolf319 on 31 Oct 2011, 21:30, edited 4 times in total.

gigem06

Post by gigem06 » 19 Oct 2011, 16:26

New Project: Harbortown Orientation Center

As Harbortown continues to grow it makes more sense for us to have a standard orientation process no matter what sector a person ends up in.

Raggingbullet helped me and DigDugger to prepare a space under the town fountain for this.

Steveab will be helping me to build the sequence of 'instruction' rooms and the 'quiz boxes'. The idea is people who come to town will go through a sequence of rooms and learn about how the town works, and then the starting quiz will be automated.

This post will collect suggestions for the content that should be included in the orientation. Post your suggestions in this thread and I'll add them to this post.

Orientation Topics:

1. HT is part of Escapecraft. All escapecraft rules apply. You need to be registered on the server so we can PM you in order to become a citizen.

2. The town ranks are: Initiate, Citizen, Watchman, Deputy, Mayor. You can move up in ranks over time. You start as an initiate, go to College to prove you can build, and then become a citizen. Once you're a citizen you can have plots in one or more sectors of HT.

3. Each sector has its own building code which you need to follow. The following rules apply to all sectors:
- Inactive 2 weeks, you may lose your plots.
- Light up your roofs, prevent mobs spawning.
- Don't build anything outside your plot without permission from your sector Watchman or higher ranking staff.
- Replant anything you harvest.

4. The town is big and has a lot of people, it isn't possible for one person to run everything. If you have an issue, first ask your sector watchman, if he isn't available or can't answer try a Deputy, and if they aren't available or can't answer you can bug the mayor.

I think that covers the basic idea, please let me know what you guys think and if you have feedback!

gigem06

Post by gigem06 » 19 Oct 2011, 16:31

New Project: Harbortown College

We're looking for a place to start out new players. This needs to be a place with room for at least the following:

1. Public Mine
2. Public Workshop
3. Public Tree Farm
4. Small wheat / reed farm.
5. Administration Building
6. 8 to 10 starter cabin plots (8x10 in size).
7. Nice, decorative walls around the outside to keep mobs out.

This needs to be someplace close enough to HT Central that we can extend our Transit System to it, or else it needs to be easily reachable by boat from the HT Central Docks.

The purpose of the college is a place to send new players to get started on their way to becoming full citizens of Harbortown.

I asked Honeydew, Nebelleron, and Cloudroth if they would be interested in scouting locations for this. Aimless volunteered to help as well. Please post the locations you find here so we can evaluate them.

We will also need staff for the college. The purpose of the staff will be to recruit new people to HT, and then to take them through the College and make sure they can build decent structures before we grant them build rights in the other town sectors. Basically College Staff are like town mentors.

Post thoughts, questions, feedback etc. here.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 19 Oct 2011, 16:58

gigem06 wrote:New Project: Harbortown College

We're looking for a place to start out new players. This needs to be a place with room for at least the following:

1. Public Mine
2. Public Workshop
3. Public Tree Farm
4. Small wheat / reed farm.
5. Administration Building
6. 8 to 10 starter cabin plots (8x10 in size).
7. Nice, decorative walls around the outside to keep mobs out.

This needs to be someplace close enough to HT Central that we can extend our Transit System to it, or else it needs to be easily reachable by boat from the HT Central Docks.

The purpose of the college is a place to send new players to get started on their way to becoming full citizens of Harbortown.

I asked Honeydew, Nebelleron, and Cloudroth if they would be interested in scouting locations for this. Aimless volunteered to help as well. Please post the locations you find here so we can evaluate them.

We will also need staff for the college. The purpose of the staff will be to recruit new people to HT, and then to take them through the College and make sure they can build decent structures before we grant them build rights in the other town sectors. Basically College Staff are like town mentors.

Post thoughts, questions, feedback etc. here.
I hate you gigem :) , I had a college before... Just make it nice. LOL
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 19 Nov 2011, 05:34

i went to college of HT and it was great its realy good for new people to get creative
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 25 Nov 2011, 19:21

Hi guys/girls!

This is to the Mayors or high ranked people of HT:

The wiki page about HarborTown has nothing on it!

Please edit it or delete it!

Thanks!
Ghost

Here's the link to the page:
http://escapecraft.wikispaces.com/Harbortown

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 Nov 2011, 19:38

I'd gladly edit it if i had the required permissions.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |