Moonstar in West Fyra

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Moonstar in West Fyra

Post by MayorLennie » 02 Oct 2011, 03:56

This is the official thread for Moonstar in West Fyra.

Announcements will be updated in this opening post, so check frequently.

Moonstar, formerly called "Farore" is in West Fyra a close distance off of the rails before Harbor Town. It's not like most other towns - it's more like a peaceful village, with waterfront features, and boasts a park-like atmosphere with lots of wood and open grass areas, and humble gravel paths. Its' pretty plain right now, after recent demolition of bad structures and complete removal of all trees, so that we could see what we are working with...

Moonstar is under revitalization and currently has 4 resident builders, beside myself. Tulonsae bought the town and then gifted it to me after becoming busy doing server admin stuff. I've been working in Moonstar since my first day on the server, when I discovered it and saw a chance to help with a project.

The current residents are:
Hobohazard
Sichuan
Nightydreams
Xxxfirehazrd
Mr_Masterman40
JudgedCashew
Rayu_Johnson
CoyoteTotem

With all the new players on the server, it is time to ramp up the revitalization of Moonstar so that we can open, and offer more West Fyra living options. In addition, it's going to be key to connections to our neighboring towns, Sky Pillar, Beourn, Tulonville and Harbor Town.

We now have a handful of us, who all appreciate Moonstar for one thing: We discovered it ourselves. So I want to talk about how we can make Moonstar its own little special gem amidst the ever expanding urban sprawl. I want it to remain somewhat hidden in the trees and hills, with no formal rail stop.

I'd like for Moonstar to remain mostly as it is, with no major rail connections - I'd like this to become a place that players discover on their own and for it to be its own reward. I think that walking and enjoying scenery is a very fun part of the game. So let's focus on what folks might see from each direction if they were walking. I want to focus on our entrances, with plenty of light, trees, nice paths and signs.

Moonstar was always a little awkward with its almost non-existent "Urban Planning" - odd paths, no town square, etc.

So how can we work on Moonstar so it maintains its original feel of a hidden gem?

I want lots of trees, curved narrow paths, original / unique homes that are not too large, NO "all glass" anything (I find the glare of glass to be offensive in large amounts)

EDIT: Because of problems with unknown or new players, I'm not letting anyone help with the town until I know you or have seen your work in other projects. Or, unless you're recommended by someone I trust.

I'm spending more time cleaning up problems than I am making progress! Sorry, but it's getting sort of ridiculous. If you cannot read, or are unwilling, don't apply. If you can't follow basic guidelines, don't apply. I'm tired of adding folks to the cuboid, then removing them...so yeah...new policy - I need to know you before letting you help out.

The people who live here discovered Moonstar on its own, and felt it was its own reward for exploring and walking. So going forward, let's welcome players who happen upon it, because we will know they'll appreciate it.

Upcoming projects and Status:

Border Wall to keep out mobs and mark our borders - Borders marked, still gathering materials.

How you can help:
Make clay in the couldrons with sand, gravel and snow. Our border wall will be all brick!

Move Town Entrance out to the new border - Completed
Fix Town Entrance to approved design - Completed, Now need to choose locations for the other entrances
New Town Hall - Not started - Location chosen - Up for discussion on design and materials
Fix path to Lookout Point - in progress, see MayorLennie - I need help with this but I have the design in mind
Build Gazebo at the top of Lookout Point, in progress, see Sichuan
Public Mine - In progress, see HoboHazard
Convert large cobble pier to wooden planks - In progress
Community Center - MayorLennie - will convert the quarried area underneath it to a public area of some sort

Other ideas:
Hobohazard wants to build a golf course - I think it would be fun for us to have a golf course, but can't think of a good spot and want to backburner that idea until we have a formal governing structure and can all finish exisiting projects and our personal homes.

Finished:
Melon Farm is growing but the location / design may change - UPDATE - this building was removed (thanks Hobohazard) and farms are now growing in the old Town Hall at the end of the pier.

Town / Residential Building Supply / Workshop is finished - I want to see this expanded and changed a bit, so it's location might change.

CoytoteTotem will be growing a residents only tree farm on top of the building supply. Then we'll add a lift so you can easily jump into the workshop and smelt charcoal with your wood!

Demolition of several towers, and some buildings in disrepair or in awkward locations - this is pretty much done, thanks everyone (Sichuan, Hobohazard, Nightydreams, Xxxfirehazrd)

Roads and paths - Roads and paths leading INTO town will be 3 wide: Cobble, Brick, Cobble, with torches along the way, a row of flowers that look like they grew naturally, and trees in clumps.

In town - Main roads will be 4 wide - Cobble, Gravel, Gravel, Cobble - with side streets just one gravel in the center.

Town Square - I am not really wanting a formal square or city blocks in Moonstar - think walking village with things to discover around the corner. It's a place you can get sort of lost in.

However, we need a town hall and meeting place and it needs to be nice and well landscaped. - SIchuan is in charge of this project so if you want to help, then check in with him.

At this time I want to keep all the existing features, however awkward, we will work around them.

Plots - Please pick a spot and we can meet and decide. The spot you pick should speak to you, I am not going to lay out formal town plots. I think this will add to the look and feel of Moonstar as it grows to reflect an easy going, ecclectic way of life.

Rules:
Stay within your assigned plot, and make sure you follow yard requirements. No one-material homes, and absolutely NO COBBLE except for foundations, please. No cobble-step roofs please.
All homes must have pitched roofs Please make a nice roof, feel free to be unique but please it must fit in with a village feel.
NO all glass or a lot of glass - please make your homes look realistic
2 stories or a one--story with a vaulted ceiling is required - also, you need at least 4 block tall walls inside your house.
Light up your house and plot, we don't want mobs spawning
Place a torch next to any sign you place so that it can be read easily. Always use /cremove on signs so city governors can remove them when needed
Houses are small to medium - there are no plots for large estates in the city limits. Think small village.
Mining: Public mining is available for residents, at level 25 and below only.
Basements: Plots may have a 5-block basement, within your plot borders.
Mayor can edit houses if desired, if rules / building code is being violated.
Your structure may be demolished if you're inactive for 2 weeks or more.
NO digging up the sand on the beaches! No exceptions.
There are lots of sand quarries around Fyra.
Everyone please help keep the building supply well-supplied with wood, cobble, smoothstone, crafted items (signs and doors and fencing) and other supplies. Keep it organized.

NO private nether portals are allowed in Moonstar. We have a shared portal for our nether-town. It's been cuboided also, so if you aren't added yet, let me or Sichuan know in game and I'll add you or Sichuan can ask a mod to add you if I'm not there.
Go crazy in the nether - no rules - just be polite and cooperate with one another - but no "town planning" rules or requirements there unless problems occur then I have a right to manage the cuboid!

Plans for Moonstar:

Moonstar will feature a nice waterfront / pier marketplace called "Tres Palmas" and will feature a sandy beach, palm trees, an upscale Beach-Front Condo complex where the sand quarry currently is. Market fronts will be cabana-style, think walking pier. it will be a little crowded, and be a place where players can walk along and discover things.

There will be 3 total such complexes within the area - condos, townhouses / row houses and an area with small individual beach houses. I am currently working on my design ideas by looking online for photos or resorts and beachfront vacation complexes.

Highway from Tulonville / Beourn - Still figuring out the elevation for this, but we plan to extend this highway into a bridge to the Pier Marketplace. Completed but might change it slightly so it's more "archy" and has a better transition over the glass rail - This is finished! (yay)

Southwest - This should transition into the path to Sky Pillar and the rail to Harbor Town. It's really awkward right now, with the steep elevations. At one point we were going to extend the rail, and so a large tunnel was dug. Going to think of something for this area.

West - a gorgeous castle and a nice lookout point

North -this area needs a lot of clean up - am currently doing abandonment landclaim filings so can make repairs and do some maintenance. The idea here is to create a public tree farm some small starter homes, and this is where one of the condo complexes will go, with a view of the waters, the rail, and the brick bridge that derigin designed. UPDATE:
This area has now been cuboided for annexation into Moonstar. I'm now working on child / plot cuboids so that players can have access to build starter homes and start their game while learning about Moonstar.

The area North of Moonstar near the Brick highway is a good location for starter plots for new people. I am allowing close quarters, and expect everyone to be polite and work together in that area. I reserve the right to demolish homes here in this area if a player is inactive and out of touch for 2 weeks or more.

My original noob hut is being slightly converted into a garden supply shed.

Landscaping: I have some ideas built out in Creative, see me for Coords, maybe we can all go there together to check it out.

Please post here your project ideas, please stay on topic so that decisions can be reached and construction can begin.

MayorLennie / Moonstar

Oh, and thanks Tulonsae for Moonstar! :)
Last edited by MayorLennie on 07 Oct 2011, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

hobohazard

Re: Moonstar in West Fyra

Post by hobohazard » 02 Oct 2011, 15:20

ok all im hobohazard if you don't already know me. i live just outside the city's currant border and like to think of my self as a sort of sheref or peacekeeper of the town. if you have any questions visit me in my office. also attached are pictures of a piston game iv been working on and wish to ad to the town. its only a prototype and the color will be different in the final veshon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the adventure update in a nutshell
Creeper: Can i come in
Player: Nope
Creeper: Herobrine's Outside
Player: OMG GET IN
Herobrine: PLZ LET ME IN
Player: not you this time
Herobrine: But Enderman Is chasing me
PLayer: HOLY CRAP GET IN
Enderman: please with A diamond on top let me in
Everyone: NO
Enderman: But its going to be Day
PLayer: OH CRAP WHAT A WIMP

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 02 Oct 2011, 15:27

That looks cool, what is it hobo?

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 02 Oct 2011, 16:04

Hobo, I'll come tour it as soon as I can.

Can you please post a description and dimensions, and proposed materials used for the exterior. Also, how do you think it would fit into the general feel of the town? Bringing people to the town is a good idea once we have the infrastructure finished and construction well underway.

Also, Tulonsae has final say because she owns the town, and there's no ranks or voting schemes set up yet. Keep posting here, I'll get Tulonsae to come to the thread.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 02 Oct 2011, 17:29

its a replica of something i saw a video of called rainbow fighter you can look it up to see it in action. what i wanted to do was cind of have a way to make money for the town so we can purchase more land witch i think we are in need of. we wold have public tournaments ware players can pay to enter and win everyone elis buy in if they win. but say the buy in is 3 gold we wold take 1 gold of every buy in therefor the winners make money, and we make money. i also propose a smiler system for a spleaf arena. iv come up with some pretty insane variations of the original game. all this is to make a resort/caceno/amusement park feal witch i think wold be epic. but agen thats just my opinion. so the piston game dementions are 8 long 8 wide and 4 tall.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 02 Oct 2011, 18:42

You should also talk to Tulonsae, because she is looking for land right now for an amusement park! But for Moonstar, I think the game should go inside of a building. The feel for Moonstar is like a peaceful, park-like village but it would be good to have things like this for interest.

One of the things I want to talk about on here is what to do with the water-front. Maybe an amusement or two, in a well-designed, pretty building, would be a good feature for the waterfront market area. ? I'd like to tear out the cobble and make a nice pier out of wood with park benches and some storefronts. And / Or shape a nice open beach area.

Let's see what Tulonsae thinks, too.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 02 Oct 2011, 19:03

I've talked to Tulonsae about this before, but there'll be a highway coming up from Beorn/Tulonville that will be connecting to the road just east of Moonstar. Hopefully it can encourage connections between the towns, and also HarborTown.

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 02 Oct 2011, 19:20

yes i was thinking for the water front a bunch of open bar and cabana like things with campfires and snare note blocks for a more beach like feal. also harbor town is easily the biggest town in fyra when combine with skypiler. it wold be good to be friendly with our nabors allot

Rock Beefchest
Site Contributor

Post by Rock Beefchest » 03 Oct 2011, 10:48

Mayor is this the forum you want to discuss the sit down between Brick yourself and I.

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 03 Oct 2011, 15:46

ok everyone the mine is done. i tried ti leave it as natural as a could. also forget that piston game im not going to buld it. im reedy for my next assignment whatever that may be

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 05 Oct 2011, 12:55

Ok, I would like to announce that I have officially given the town of Moonstar to MayorLennie.

Mayor, please update the OP when you get a chance.

Thanks and congrats!
--Tulonsae

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 05 Oct 2011, 13:10

ah i was wondering what was so long for you to put mayor in charge.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 05 Oct 2011, 13:19

Tulonsae wrote:Ok, I would like to announce that I have officially given the town of Moonstar to MayorLennie.

Mayor, please update the OP when you get a chance.

Thanks and congrats!
Wow, Tulonsae, thank you!

I might get Blackadder to burn it all to the ground...lol stupid getting frustrated! Actually, it's a labor of love...and it has seen some progress....I definitely see something for Moonstar, which is why I've spent so much time there.

so...I am going to take a break for a couple days so I can think out a good master plan for Moonstar, and come back at it with more gusto!

I hope that Moonstar becomes a top-notch town, one that many players like to visit and stay. I am honored to own such a place as Moonstar!

Thank you thank you thank you, Tulonsae!

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 05 Oct 2011, 13:31

derigin wrote:I've talked to Tulonsae about this before, but there'll be a highway coming up from Beorn/Tulonville that will be connecting to the road just east of Moonstar. Hopefully it can encourage connections between the towns, and also HarborTown.
New highway / bridge project - I was given a tour by derigin the other night. The highway will continue with a bridge over our waterfront and over the glass rail enclosure, to our entrance.

I am looking at how it can transition to the entrance and finalizing the exact elevation and design before it begins.

We will be using a lot of red brick: SO if you are in the construction crew, please spend some time getting snow / gravel and sand for creating clay to use to make bricks.

The sand / gravel / snow chest is in building supply near the couldrons.

EDIT:
Hobohazard has been making clay and bricks - I think construction for the wall can begin soon.

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 09 Oct 2011, 08:10

agread mayor i saw the dock thing near my house and was wondering if i shold start extending it to create a boardwalk. also i have created a system that gives moonstar the ultimatum export... records. once 1.9 comes to the survur the shop is gona take of. i already im preparing for a record harvest and am going to start taking rezervations so listen to the records, pic on and you can reserve it and il make shur your the fist one to receveit. also i saw modcam was evicted where is he going to get a plot?

town smoky-
hobohazard

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 09 Oct 2011, 11:29

Is not a dock will be condos and I got that part. Is something I've wanted to build. More later

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 10 Oct 2011, 09:54

mayor i created 2 prototypes of bordwack store fronts, i am thinking of doing some more. this cind of small shops and bungalows are what i exsell at so if you need some othor small buldings im your guy.
moonstar molecular houseing department chairman-
hobohazard
edit: also hears som screnys of one of them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 19 Oct 2011, 06:39

Heya, this is Nightydreams, a quite recent addition to escapecraft,

I'd just like to say thanks to Mayorlennie for her help during my first few minutes in escapecraft. Also I am very interested in helping out with moonstar. I am quite aware that you don't want inexperianced builders working on moonstar as that would cause more harm then good but I am quite willing to, instead of work at building, simply gathering materials for others or dealing with mobs, etc.

regardless thanks again.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :
but as soon as i get a truck, it's gonna be my lil man cave on wheels

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 19 Oct 2011, 09:11

well actuly nightdreams, i cold use a asistant to help me doing sherify dutys if your intrested il meat you.

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 19 Oct 2011, 17:39

hobohazard wrote:agread mayor i saw the dock thing near my house and was wondering if i shold start extending it to create a boardwalk. also i have created a system that gives moonstar the ultimatum export... records. once 1.9 comes to the survur the shop is gona take of. i already im preparing for a record harvest and am going to start taking rezervations so listen to the records, pic on and you can reserve it and il make shur your the fist one to receveit. also i saw modcam was evicted where is he going to get a plot?

town smoky-
hobohazard
Hi Hobohazard,
Modocam is currently building on his own claim out in West Fyra. He wasn't evicted from Moonstar, but from my own personal landclaim. After the incident with the bonemeal, and other issues, I had to remove him from the Moonstar cuboid. He is welcome to come back as a builder and town official after a time, but of course not until I can protect the town using child cuboids. His role currently is farmer. He is going to be supplying us with food, in trade, and then helping more with the farms building and management.

really a lot of progress has stalled due to my new mod duties (I've spent more ingame time in training) - so I am going to be ramping up my efforts in getting the cuboids set up so that we can get more helpers.

Updated the OP so please read it, thanks a lot Hobo

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 19 Oct 2011, 18:23

Hey Hobo,

I'd be glad to help in anyway I can, I think i've grown fond of Moonstar, just tell me what you need when, and if theres someway for me to deposit items or some place you want me to patrol and i'll be on it.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 20 Oct 2011, 09:00

MayorLennie wrote:
hobohazard wrote:agread mayor i saw the dock thing near my house and was wondering if i shold start extending it to create a boardwalk. also i have created a system that gives moonstar the ultimatum export... records. once 1.9 comes to the survur the shop is gona take of. i already im preparing for a record harvest and am going to start taking rezervations so listen to the records, pic on and you can reserve it and il make shur your the fist one to receveit. also i saw modcam was evicted where is he going to get a plot?

town smoky-
hobohazard
Hi Hobohazard,
Modocam is currently building on his own claim out in West Fyra. He wasn't evicted from Moonstar, but from my own personal landclaim. After the incident with the bonemeal, and other issues, I had to remove him from the Moonstar cuboid. He is welcome to come back as a builder and town official after a time, but of course not until I can protect the town using child cuboids. His role currently is farmer. He is going to be supplying us with food, in trade, and then helping more with the farms building and management.

really a lot of progress has stalled due to my new mod duties (I've spent more ingame time in training) - so I am going to be ramping up my efforts in getting the cuboids set up so that we can get more helpers.

Updated the OP so please read it, thanks a lot Hobo
chield cuboid? whats that? just wondering. also more of nexst week im going to be mainly focust on the holowen buld. i have the gratest idea just the problome is the ecsicution of it. anywhay il help when i can and i have some pumpken seeds and i shal start a pumpkin farm with them. stnading by if anythig is needed i will. also whats the OP?

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 20 Oct 2011, 20:39

Ok Hobo, good luck on the build! So yeah no worries at all or apologies needed - and best of luck on your build idea. OP means "Opening Post" which is the very first post of this topic. I can keep editting it so that when new people come here they'll have all the latest information about Moonstar all in one place. As we make decisions I'll be deleting these types of posts too, to keep it clean and organized and so as to not cause too much confusion. - Lennie

Edit: A cuboid is a protection, that covers a region. It's why you can't build at spawn, its cuboided. Using "child cuboids" is a way to create permissions for players within it. So yeah and why I gave you the wooden sword, which tells you the name of the cuboid region you're in.

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 22 Oct 2011, 06:59

also mayor i was wondering when i cold get started on my golf corcs. if you want to see a video of othor golf corses, il atach a link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdwpgNhIAyg

Nutmegan

Post by Nutmegan » 23 Oct 2011, 21:40

Oh my gosh! Mini golf is awesome! I would visit your city everyday to play. :)

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 24 Oct 2011, 02:05

Alright, i'm planning on starting demolition of the castle/tower thing behind Mayor's house (since I do remember mayor stating that it was one of the things on the list of things to demo) I'll wait for the go ahead first since I'm not to sure yet if it WAS on the list.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 24 Oct 2011, 05:58

:) i knew mini golf wold be popular if i made it. mayor if you need more prof than that i cant help you. when and whare shal i start construction.

Sichuan

Post by Sichuan » 24 Oct 2011, 07:06

Whats crackin lads, this is engineer Sichuan :)

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 24 Oct 2011, 10:20

ah shushan! iv hered so mutch about you! alots hapend to the town in your apsince so mayor shold breaf you. i dont know what you wer worcking on but thers alot of projects upcoming.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 24 Oct 2011, 16:56

Hey sichuan nice to see you, glad your back. Looking forward to working with ya ^.^
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :