Moonstar in West Fyra

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Re: Moonstar in West Fyra

Post by MayorLennie » 24 Oct 2011, 17:57

hobohazard wrote::) i knew mini golf wold be popular if i made it. mayor if you need more prof than that i cant help you. when and whare shal i start construction.
Hobo,

You said you would help with the roads and paths, and you also said you'd work on a roof for the first condo. You are also working on the public mining. You and Modo did a lot of brick-making, so we have a good supply to start on the border wall as well

I see the priorities as:
1. Roads / Infrastructure Planning
2. Community Center so I can post rules and information
3. Borders and border wall
4. Land clearing and land sculpting to support infrastructure and residential plots
5. Town hall and town center *(see Sichuan)
6. Plans on how each district will be used, residential building code, and plotting things out for further work.

We must work together on our infrastructure and residential building plots first, before starting other large projects.

I'm not sure I even want a golf course, I don't see Moonstar as that kind of town. I see it as a beach-side strolling village of simple yet unique homes, small shops, lots of gardens / trees and interesting walking paths. I don't know of any flat areas to use, anyway and I don't want a hillside used in this way. Well maybe a golf course would be good to add, but not now because i can't even visualize it. We need roads and homes first, and our public mining and farms.

Everyone, please post here what projects you are doing, post the coords if you can and describe your ideas for different areas / districts.

Welcome to Moonstar: Nightydreams & Xxxfirehazrd

EDIT: I'll build out several meters of our border wall, everyone keep building onto it as you get a chance, just follow the design. Remember to enjoy your game - I'm in no big hurry - Moonstar is a relaxed place. :)
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 24 Oct 2011, 18:12

So mayor, do I have to go ahead to start demo on that tower/castle thingy behind your house? The one with the flag on top.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :
but as soon as i get a truck, it's gonna be my lil man cave on wheels

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 24 Oct 2011, 19:40

No that is not ours. Please craft a wooden sword, and you can check the ground with it. I can't remember if it's right or left click, but it will tell you the cuboid information so you can know what our borders are.

I'm going to update the Opening Post here right now with some things I have been thinking about.

Let's get you a place to make your house. Next time I am in the game, if I am not too busy with Mod duties, please show me where you would like to live in Moonstar.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 24 Oct 2011, 20:03

Okay everyone, the OPENING POST of this thread has been updated so please read and post your thoughts - Thanks! - Lennie

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 25 Oct 2011, 07:29

2 things. 1.thers a innovative pumpkin farm dizine on the top flor of the farm building as well as a wheat farm and 2.i have dizine for the roof just need mats and a gran light, the mines ben done for a long time and mining in 1.8 is better anyway and i never said id help with the path i hate doing paths. also i can level some land and that tower thing i dont think that anone lives ther so i think we should file an abandonment clame.
the adventure update in a nutshell
Creeper: Can i come in
Player: Nope
Creeper: Herobrine's Outside
Player: OMG GET IN
Herobrine: PLZ LET ME IN
Player: not you this time
Herobrine: But Enderman Is chasing me
PLayer: HOLY CRAP GET IN
Enderman: please with A diamond on top let me in
Everyone: NO
Enderman: But its going to be Day
PLayer: OH CRAP WHAT A WIMP

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Oct 2011, 16:08

Ok, what tower thing? Can you post me the coords so I can check it out? Ok I think that Xxxfire is doing the roof for the condo. Paths - no problem at all we will do that that. I'm gonna go ahead and start the wall and place chests along it with materials so any one of you who has free time can help it along.

Please follow the gravel blocks I'll place along the border area that will have the wall.

Hobo, how big an area do you need for your mini-golf? If you can tell me how big of an area, I will pick out a spot for it.

The farms look great but the building needs more polish and finishing touches so that it's obvious to us what is what, once you get inside. And you can start making the building look a little more interesting and nicer.

Sound good?

Lennie

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 25 Oct 2011, 17:18

ok. for the mini golf corse i need as mutch space as you can get and il show you ingame the tower im talcking about.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 25 Oct 2011, 17:34

Since your starting on the wall I think i'll get right on getting material and helping put it in place, what materials will the wall be made of?
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

Sichuan

Post by Sichuan » 27 Oct 2011, 14:56

I never ever see you online lennie, whatsup :<

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 28 Oct 2011, 02:24

Sichuan wrote:I never ever see you online lennie, whatsup :<
Sichuan, it seems we are on pretty much exact opposite hours from one another.

I've decided to go ahead and give you permission to request to mods to have players added and / or removed from the Moonstar cuboids so that helpers can help and everyone can get settled into town.

The current cuboid regions are:
Moonstar
Moonstar2

Please craft a wooden sword to confirm locations of our cuboid, and show the other players how to do the same.

The cuboids might change along our border, so make a note - place cobble blocks as markers for the border so we will have an outline of where the border wall will go.

I visit Moonstar daily and as often as I can but I am very busy doing mod-requests a lot. So I'll do my best. :)

I'll pass along the message to mods that you are allowed to add / remove members.

If there are any suggestions or matters up to vote, please put motions here in this thread and we can all weigh in on our opinions.

Best,

MayorLennie

ps. Hobohazard was going to work on the roof of the 1st Condo, by the palm trees. Xxxfire was going to pick a spot to build a home in town, so please check that and approve it or work with him to get a good plot. Nightydreams needs a home building plot as well.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 28 Oct 2011, 02:27

Oh yeah I do need to find a home plot... completely slipped my mind 0.0

Also I've got an idea for the town. simply put, I would like to put in a hunters lodge / adventurers guild kind of thing, I usually envision towns or villages with a place where locals who deal with dangers or work outside of the village itself can gather, not unlike the tavern but more specialized. Please tell me what you think about my idea.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 28 Oct 2011, 03:27

Oh I really like the new trees / paths / garden area! Nice work!

Who thinks there is a better spot to put our main town message board? this would be what visitors can look at to get basic info, like the name of the town, town officials, and latest news.

We can have some fun with this and place "help wanted" and "wanted to trade" and funny messages, too to make it fun and interesting.

Who can find a good location for a string of nice looking farm-y farms? let's see if there's a spot?

Tunnel - Need ideas what to do with that crazy tunnel i dug - fill it in? make it an underground storage / building supply? farms?

hobohazard

Post by hobohazard » 28 Oct 2011, 06:13

night i love your idea. i think we shold ether modify the curant tavarn we have now, or buld a whol new bulding on the huge open space on the peair unlus mayor has some othor plans for that space. id love to be a part of this guld you propose, altho wed have to get more into what to do.

Sichuan

Post by Sichuan » 28 Oct 2011, 09:44

Alright, the past few days I have been working on the following:

- Thinning out the pier so it is susceptible to building. (COMPLETED together with firehazard) Also I wish we could make the pier go higher with stairs leading up to it so we can put support poles underneath it and make it a proper pier.

- Creating a park-like middlesection of the town, which is now finished and ready to lead up to the future town hall.

- Creating a gazebo on the top of our look-out section from which players can look at beautiful sights during the night.

- Creating a new river infront of mayorlennie's house for two reasons.
1. Crossing the old pool there was impractical over a 1 block wide path of dirt.
2. The tavern wasn't readily accesible.

This new design provides two access routes to the tavern, which I strongly agree could be made into a hunters lodge with a bar, commerce center, and work tasks. And frankly it looks a whole lot better.

If someone has a better design for the bridges I made over the river, please change it, because I think mines are pretty damn ugly.

Thats all from me, I hope I can meet you in game sometime Nightydreams and y'all keep on building :)

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 29 Oct 2011, 01:00

Yep I was thinking of making the Hunters Lodge/Adventurers guild building as a sort of task hub, where people can post their requests and guildists could fulfill these requests, such as gardeners wanting bones for bonemeal etc.

It doesn't necessarily have to replace the old tavern, as I envisioned the tavern being a place for locals and out of townees to gather and merry make while the lodge would be for serious adventurers and the like however I am still working on the plans itself so please give feedback.

P.S I still need the go ahead from mayor.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 05 Nov 2011, 06:40

Construction on Moonstar Guild Hall is proceeding along at a casual pace, the first floor foundation is done, walls are 50% complete, second floor plan is done, second floor construction is yet to be started, Basement plans done, basement construction starting.

Pretty much a casual update on the proogress, I really like how moonstar is growing right now, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 06 Nov 2011, 12:32

Hi everyone! Some clarification on North Moonstar (the area marked by some new players as "harrisville") - All new players who aren't VET get a plot in this area. The reason is that when a player is brand new on the server and not yet a vet, they're still in survival mode, meaning they just need a shelter. It's not fair to expect them to be able to commit time to being a townie of any kind, let alone to our town.

The new player should be given a plot, shown Moonstar, and encouraged to explore, and it's sort of like wait and see how they fit in and how active they are and how much they might desire to be a part of Moonstar after having time to explore the worlds or other cities.

It's NOT any kind of "probation" it's just for fairness of the player and current residents and so by that I mean...if they end up NOT being a part of Moonstar that's fine, it's not a fail.

If a player in "harrisville" is inactive in their area for 2 weeks or more, I reserve the right to remove their structure.

So just FYI if i'm not online to explain please do so, explain our process, make them feel welcome, and show them the current plots. We also want to make sure they *can* build, and have time to gather their building materials before getting a proper / large city plot.

Players due for a city plot now are:
NightyDreams (maybe the lodge will be their plot?)
Xxxfirehazrd (this player I haven't seen, if you see them...say HI!)
Moonshadow - built a very nice cottage in "harrisville" and spent their pre-vet time gathering materials - definitely ready to build in town and get involved in town decisions!

thanks everyone!
MayorLennie

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 06 Nov 2011, 17:44

AH! Now I see how harrisville popped up, I was wondering if that was just a new cleared of subsection of moonstar. I'll be sure to clarify that to any new guys and some of the older residents who might not have read it.

Also Mayor I would be pleased if the lodge would also be my plot if that is alright with you.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 06 Nov 2011, 21:23

Just want to let you know, you can give my plot to someone else. I have too many projects I need to complete and crazy ideas in my head to settle down in a town. Also, all mossy I find will go to you when I see you online. I never use the stuff.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 08 Nov 2011, 03:21

The guild hall structure and planning is now complete, now only the furniture is left. The top floor is the living/equip area for guild members while the first floor is for everyone and includes the requests wall, The basement is the crafting/storage area for guild members. My house is connected to the guild hall via a wooden walkway under the foundations.

Any and all are free to come and explore the guild hall pre-furnishing!
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 24 Nov 2011, 01:48

Hey Mayor I just popped into moonstar just now to have a looksie around and I couldn't believe what I saw... I'm not sure if you guys are designing something or renovating or maybe this is a product of the updating process but it looks like HUGE CHUNKS of moonstar have been ripped apart and large amounts of junk has been placed here and there, It looks like a gang of griefers came and just went wild! I don't know if you've seen it but if this is the first you've heard about it I suggest you hop on and take a look. It shocked me quite thoroughly.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 25 Nov 2011, 11:13

Nightydreams wrote:Hey Mayor I just popped into moonstar just now to have a looksie around and I couldn't believe what I saw... I'm not sure if you guys are designing something or renovating or maybe this is a product of the updating process but it looks like HUGE CHUNKS of moonstar have been ripped apart and large amounts of junk has been placed here and there, It looks like a gang of griefers came and just went wild! I don't know if you've seen it but if this is the first you've heard about it I suggest you hop on and take a look. It shocked me quite thoroughly.
Nighty, welcome back!
Wow I know, what a total mess! It was so bad it was funny.

It turns out it was a moderator doing a grief rollback and it went awry and the undo on it didn't work. So, there were "rollbacks" of a ton of changes made by Sichuan, Xxxfirehazrd and I'm not sure who else.

The only way to repair it is to have a server admin do a total restore from the last good backup.

Pinmissile is taking care of it, so you can ask him about it, he was going to get wokka to take a look, and do a restore of Moonstar from a previous backup.

If you see Sichuan, can you let him know?

Thanks,
Lennie

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 25 Nov 2011, 15:49

okay I'll let him know if I see him, though he might be to busy having a fit after seeing it to come on lol!
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 28 Nov 2011, 18:04

I just found out Hobo Hazard has been banned, wow. you think you know a guy.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 28 Nov 2011, 18:15

Oh yeah and I don't think he's coming back

If you have the energy and want to, go ahead and tear his house down, that's a good spot for a city or residential plot, whatever you guys think.

He's right by the entrance over by the brick highway.

Lennie

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 28 Nov 2011, 18:15

All right, i'll get on it, We could probably use all the space we can get.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 29 Nov 2011, 01:02

If you seen HRook trying to build a super giant personal castle on our beach in Moonstar, umm, could you tell him not to? We dont' have any super large personal plots for that, especially on the beach. If it was a mall or other city structure, that might work, but I can't envision a castle there, can you? Let me know your ideas, because I might be wrong here. Maybe, maybe it could go where Hobo's place was, in which case, he can help tear that down and do some terra-forming on the land to prepare it. But...there's no basement space there because that will be part of our community center and farms.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 29 Nov 2011, 17:49

ALright If I see him i'll talk to him. Also I need your help with Hobo's demolition, he has alot of locked stuff I cannot destroy, I think only a mod or OP could do it so if you have time come around and just destroy his furnaces and chests, i'll mark them with signs so you know exactly where they are.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 30 Nov 2011, 11:42

Nightydreams wrote:ALright If I see him i'll talk to him. Also I need your help with Hobo's demolition, he has alot of locked stuff I cannot destroy, I think only a mod or OP could do it so if you have time come around and just destroy his furnaces and chests, i'll mark them with signs so you know exactly where they are.
Sounds good I'll do it next time I am on, or grab any mod to help with it if we miss each other.

Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams » 06 Dec 2011, 17:50

I have to say I was not expecting Hobo to have such an....extensive mine system leading from his house to the rest of moonstars underground maze, I went down and ended up in harbortown in someones house. not sure what do do with it really.
rcrxrunner:
Spoiler! :